Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2008, 17:21   #271
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
Am I allowed to rate the K&N sticker as an irritating accessory?
BTW, i am seeing a lot of cars with 'OCEAN' stickered on the rear glass in blue. Any idea what is that ? Don't tell me they are fans of ocean in Ocean's 11,12,13.
Old 6th August 2008, 17:28   #272
Distinguished - BHPian

I always thought that making sure the tissue box was full was a part of every service!!!

--- always carry one. The need to blow the nose cannot be timetabled or predicted!

--- Never, never put it on the dashboard or the parcel shelf. Wouldn't be able to reach it on the parcel shelf, and I hate stuff on the dashboard as it slides around the reflection in the glass irritates me.

By the way: never put anything on the parcel shelf unless you don't mind being hit really hard by it during an emergency stop.

So how about adding to the list...

Parcel shelf!
Old 6th August 2008, 17:28   #273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
BTW, i am seeing a lot of cars with 'OCEAN' stickered on the rear glass in blue. Any idea what is that ? Don't tell me they are fans of ocean in Ocean's 11,12,13.
LOL John. I guess it has something to do with aftermarket ICE.
Old 6th August 2008, 17:32   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post

Esteem_lover,

Stay away from those cars.They are white collared criminals.

They are part of large Multi Level Marketing gang.Their organisation name is Ocean.They belong to GoldQuest corporation.

Unfortunately,my dearest friend is also a member.

PS: AM NOT A MEMBER.
Old 6th August 2008, 17:51   #275
BANNED

So they are fans of Ocean!
Old 7th August 2008, 02:12   #276
BHPian

I hate the cheap immitaitons of some random disney cartoon
characters hanging from the rear view mirror and once the car goes on a pothole or speed breaker, they make the most annoying sound that one could ever imagine..the "chun chu" sound!!

The second most irritating of them all, would be the music/sound/recording that you get to hear when a car is reversing!! O man i cant stand those!! According to me the only way that you can combat these threat to mankind, would be not having them in your car...
Old 7th August 2008, 07:27   #277
Senior - BHPian

I am too allergy to that reverse horns. Some of them are so worst that we need to close our ears. Especially when the sound is in the basement parking or 1 level down to it
Old 7th August 2008, 09:58   #278
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
1. Santro Xing Brake-lamps - Hugely irritating if you're stuck behind one. I've made death defying overtaking stunts just so I could get it out of my sight!
Give me a break. The OEM tail lamp assembly becomes an irritating accessory? It may irritate you but that does not make it an irritating accessory.
Old 7th August 2008, 10:26   #279
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

and how about this new phenomenon I ve been observing of late - Yellow and Black stickers on the rear windscreen saying MYSTERY SPOT - SAN JOSE or something like that. No idea what this sticker signifies - any ideas?
Old 7th August 2008, 11:25   #280
BHPian

If you have autocop installed, and you press both Lock and Unlock buttons together on your remote, the alarm thing goes off which is the same as when someone fiddles with your car and sounds like a cheap hooter alarm.
Some people do that while driving the car to make it sound like a VIP car to make way.
Very irritating.
Even the normal hooters are irritating, except for ambulances.

Last edited by SumitBahl : 7th August 2008 at 11:29.
Old 8th August 2008, 15:58   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
and how about this new phenomenon I ve been observing of late - Yellow and Black stickers on the rear windscreen saying MYSTERY SPOT - SAN JOSE or something like that. No idea what this sticker signifies - any ideas?
@shankar.balan Mystery Spot in Santa Cruz, a 3-acre parcel in the redwood forests overlooking the coast where everything's askew. Gravity seems to go haywire. People don't stand straight up and down; they tilt. Some have speculated that aliens once landed here.
Old 11th August 2008, 12:50   #282
BHPian

Those stickers on the rear windshield with the names of all the family members.
Old 11th August 2008, 15:16   #283
Senior - BHPian

@esteem_lover They are into chain marketing!! Had seen it on my friends car too.

@shankar.balan Mystery spot is where a ball can go up an incline and you tend to stand slant etc etc. Basically here the gravity is really weird
Old 11th August 2008, 15:28   #284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post
If you have autocop installed, and you press both Lock and Unlock buttons together on your remote, the alarm thing goes off which is the same as when someone fiddles with your car and sounds like a cheap hooter alarm. Some people do that while driving the car to make it sound like a VIP car to make way.
This is not possible. When the key is in ON position, pressing the remote buttons has no effect on the security system.

I have tried this. Turned on the ignition and pressed the buttons but doors didnt unlock. Turn the key to Accessories (Acc) or off position and the system will work even with the key in the fob.... but not when in ON position.

The above example might be possible if the hooter is hard wired to function independently.

Last edited by n_aditya : 11th August 2008 at 15:29. Reason: typo
Old 11th August 2008, 17:51   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
well shankar-mystery spot is a place in santa cruz-california (CA).its basically a theme park kind of a thing-nothing special-these americans come out with stickers for anything-something happens and they come out with sticker. so a bit of information to you about mystery spot.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks