Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2007, 14:32   #46
Senior - BHPian

Hey Congrats Khaadu!

Seems ex670c knows his stuff... sadly he is in Chennai and you up in the mountains!

Enjoy the ride.

Amitoj
Old 16th July 2007, 14:45   #47
BHPian

Khaadu, Congrats on your decision. You are getting a decent VFM vehicle.
//Please dont listen to comments from those frustrated people who owns 407 engined trucks and relatively flop Maruthi models.//

well, regarding modifications,

1. Good set of tyres and alloys
2. Performance filters (K&N or Greens)
3. Set of Rallye 3000's.
4. A reverse camera.
5. Bull Bar
Old 16th July 2007, 14:58   #48
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanapli View Post
//Please dont listen to comments from those frustrated people who owns 407 engined trucks and relatively flop Maruthi models.//
You sense of humour (rather lack of it) shows!

Khaadu, you must totally listen to chanapli, lock this thread and PM him for further advice.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 16th July 2007 at 15:05.
Old 16th July 2007, 15:02   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
You sense of humour shows!

Khaadu, you must totally listen to chanapli, lock this thread and PM him for further advice.
Sorry to go out of subject.

Anytime better than giving cheap suggestions like below though.
/////
1. Tractor tires, two smaller fronts and two LARGER rears.
2. Zillion fog lamps.
3. Seed sowing machine.
4. Plough connected to the rear end (not your's)! If you have enough torque you can do wheelies too. Now wouldn't you LOVE THAT!
5. Paint it green (no additives nothing, completely natural) .
6. Plonk in a kennel for shadow at the rear (let him also enjoy his stay in the car/suv/tractor or whatever that is you bought).
7. Sprinklers jutting out of all sides with a small size sintex tank on the roof.
8. Pesticide spraying machine ala Nitrous purge kits.
////

Last edited by chanapli : 16th July 2007 at 15:04.
Old 16th July 2007, 15:04   #50
BANNED

Chanapli, read my post below. I have nothing more to say. Maybe you need to get a life and stop calling people names.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 16th July 2007 at 15:09.
Old 16th July 2007, 15:14   #51
BANNED

Quote:

/////
2. Zillion fog lamps.
3. Seed sowing machine.
4. Plough connected to the rear end (not your's)! If you have enough torque you can do wheelies too. Now wouldn't you LOVE THAT!
6. Plonk in a kennel for shadow at the rear (let him also enjoy his stay in the car/suv/tractor or whatever that is you bought).
7. Sprinklers jutting out of all sides with a small size sintex tank on the roof.
////
Chanapli , I do agree with you TOTALLY here ... what do these kids with lil cars know about which is the REAL SET of WHEELS ... !!!

As for these cheap mods suggested by them lil kids .... actually they must be jealous that their lil toys can't handle all these things .

Bull Bar with Hellas ..... just need a different kind of bull var -- any suggestions ???

Cheers
Old 16th July 2007, 16:01   #52
Senior - BHPian

Yes, you are right but In a jeep modified with SOA setup I had problems at high speeds [ 80 kmph & above] it tends to be unstable, so had to go back to the old setup [m&m 750 DP soft top]....than modified the rear setup with springs from safari [removed the leaf springs,this was good] tried to get my hands on an IFS system with 4wd ,but could not find it than [sold the jeep about 5yrs back it was my dad's]. Now my friends 540 DP is the test bed and we have got IFS from the scorpio on it..still have to find the transfer case and front diff,axles,etc.
but with this setup it's comfier and much easier to handle than the old setup at high speeds.
The Bolero setup is a compromise between comfort and handling, The IFS can be made to work fine by using spring out of some other vehicle like tata, Force, etc. trial and error method as the weight of the vehicle is different from 540 DP and 750 DP.
If the vehicle is used on roads also then the IFS is better choice than solid axle, Experience with both the setups ,when overtaking with one wheel off the road and one on the road the jeep is much more controllable with IFS.
BY the way most of the good 4x4s have independent suspension....Hummer,Range Rover,Judo,even some of the big 4x4 trucks have them......reason better body control over uneven surfaces. with solid axle the body is at a much higher angel if one wheel is on a higher point than the other wheel as compared to Independent setup.

One thing is that solid axle setups are much easier to modify [big lift ] for big tires, and can handle a lot of power with almost no modifications and cheap to setup as compared to Independent suspension.
I personally like the IFS.
By the way nice Photos in the gallery, from where did you get the drivetrain setup[gear box,dana 44s,transfer case,etc]
Old 16th July 2007, 19:48   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Chanapli, read my post below. I have nothing more to say. Maybe you need to get a life and stop calling people names.
Please.. Someone is asking for help.

If I dont like / know a vehicle, I better keep quiet. Well, that is me.

FYI, I have done 71,000Kms on my 2WD 2004 Bolero sportz, and believe me it is a fantastic vehicle for that price. Of course one need to learn how to handle it as the way it is (like too sensitive power steering / soft suspension). And the maximum I spent on repair was within Rs 15K (excluding regular oil/filter changes and Tyre/Alloy modifications). I mean what else one need for his hard earned money?.

Last edited by chanapli : 16th July 2007 at 19:51. Reason: remove html tags
Old 16th July 2007, 20:55   #54
BHPian

Quote:

/////
2. Zillion fog lamps.
3. Seed sowing machine.
////
Quote:
Khaadu, Congrats on your decision. You are getting a decent VFM vehicle.

well, regarding modifications,

1. Good set of tyres and alloys
2. Performance filters (K&N or Greens)
3. Set of Rallye 3000's.
4. A reverse camera.
5. Bull Bar

Yeah right!! Chanapli(kind of rhymes with a certain chaplin )

I'm sure Saazid should really really(!?) go in for the reverse camera(rofllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll) and the performance filter(still roflllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll)

that was actually priceless. no offence though

rev
Old 16th July 2007, 20:57   #55
BANNED

Quote:
If I dont like / know a vehicle, I better keep quiet. Well, that is me.
I did not want to carry on this argument, but just to set the record straight.

Did I ever mention anywhere that I do not like the vehicle? Well I am not you, neither do I wish to be. Also, do you have any clue on the kind of relationship that I share with Khaadu or a million others ON & OFF the forum? I suggest you do a background check once before shouting your mouth off. We know each other quite well both ON & OFF the forum and often find making fun of each other thus bringing some humour into our lives (and on the forum) too. This was just one such instance.

I sincerely request you to stop being so judgemental and come to conclusions. We have fun at times and at times I have sat for hours together with khaadu explaining him the technical details. You can PM him for the details.

The fact is I appreciate his purchase, but you failed to see the humour in my posts and the subsequent few by others too. You need to lurk around a bit more to know how this works.

I'm off from this pointless debate now. I suggest you get back to topic or PM me for further details. We have a very good discussion going on between dinar and ex670c. Either add to the fun or the tech part and stop trying to be a party pooper.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 16th July 2007 at 20:59.
Old 16th July 2007, 21:14   #56
BHPian

Hi Saazid,

Sorry for not looking up your previous posts, but, is your new jeep a hard-top/soft-top/forward-4-cab version?

I'd suggest a tyre upgrade up-first, followed by an interior upgrade. Basically, better bolstered seats with grab-handles retro-fitted on the top part of a-pillar. looks neat IMO. Also, IIRC, the mahindra jeeps come with steering wheels the size of a bath-tub. Think of replacing that too.

Will post if have any other suggestion.

Oh, and i too once had the pik-up version(forward-2-cab - soft top - with all glasses almost painted black(really really dark tints)) of the Gypsy King, white in color. Still dream about it and those days sometimes .

Cheers to your new purchase.

rev

p.s.: if your reputation as the true-blue KF lover is indeed true, a car fridge should be the first upgrade !!
Old 16th July 2007, 21:17   #57
BANNED

Dinar @ Are you by any chance part of the Jeep club that does off roading regularly in Goa ??? Ive seen some pics of a Ferrari yellow gypsy that turned turtle in a stream and almost got swept away had it not been for the ropes !!!

I still havn't collected the Bolero .. will be doing so tomorrow sometime . Unfortunately the Euro III doesn't come with the option of a 4WD , though I cud have gotten it in the EUro II but then the Euro II can't be registered in Delhi ... thus ending up with a 2WD .

Just drove the vehicle for about 10 kms .... eats up the bad roads pretty well .. engine seemed ok but can't say much yet as after being used to the Swift it will take me some time to give the right feed back about the engine and its capabilities . Another BIG flaw which I felt was the positioning of the gear lever -- reminded me of the positioning of the lever in the Contessa -- AWKWARD !!!

It comes shod with 215/75 R 15 ..... seemed to give decent grip though an upsize should be a bonus .

Ill let the vehicle clock about 10000 kms on the odo and then start to think about what all can be done .... keeping in mind that it wud be used as a daily machine around town as well . For the Macho look --- Im looking out for a decent and solid bull bar to give it some character at teh front ( any suggestion wud be welcome here ) and a set of lights along with the Bull Bar and then maybe something for the roof .

Lets see how it goes ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by rev hard
p.s.: if your reputation as the true-blue KF lover is indeed true, a car fridge should be the first upgrade !!
I am a true blue KF luver ... but Id rather let the others do the chilling for me as that space is reserved for Shadow -- also the Bolero has come into teh family so that it may go around doing the rounds at 4 am -- DELIVERING FRESH MILK !!! Now you know why I went in for the BOLERO -- mix of work and pleasure

Last edited by khaadu75 : 16th July 2007 at 21:21.
Old 16th July 2007, 21:18   #58
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rev_hard View Post
Its not a rumour, infact KF must be surviving solely on him only . Now why didn't I think of the fridge thing before?
Old 16th July 2007, 22:06   #59
Senior - BHPian

Never liked a Bolero until I saw this.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...cture-485.html

Last edited by Mpower : 16th July 2007 at 22:08.
Old 16th July 2007, 23:44   #60
BHPian

some bullbar designs:

^^ Slightly blingesque.

^^ most sober looking but still MEAN!

^^^^ GETTHE#E((OUTTAMYWAYNOWesque. This might require Arush's help to procure but WoW!!!

rev_hard

p.s.: i know the bullbars look great AND that the bullbars AND the reference 4x4's are not available in India.. but whats the harm in dreaming. hehehe

Last edited by rev_hard : 16th July 2007 at 23:52. Reason: Sam Kapasi teut!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks