Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2007, 23:54   #61
Senior - BHPian

How about giving it round headlamps, will need some bodywork though.
Old 17th July 2007, 10:48   #62
Senior - BHPian

Hi Dinar,

The SOA does make the vehicle unstable. The Track of the vehicle has to be increased appropriately.
i.e if the lift is 5" then track should be made wider by 5 inches (including offset tyres) AND the suspension mounts should be pushed out proportionately (I hate this part)

The a compromise between Solid Axle vs IFS would be Solid Axles With Coil Springs.

BTW Dana Corp. has its largest manufacturing facilities in INDIA.
Also post 1966-68? all Mahindra JEEPs had Dana 44 Front & Rear.

Regards,

Arka
Old 17th July 2007, 11:21   #63
Senior - BHPian

No I am not in any club.... no time from my work, all these mod where done on my dad's Commander, when I had lot of time on my hand......Now my friend jeep is like an old vehicle which is removed out by only for testing mod done on it...when ever we have time. All the off roading for my jeep was in the farms [ on roads and have to cross two streams in the rains about 2 -3 ft deep].
The DI bolero does not have 4wd only the IDI engine has it , thats why I suggested getting these mod for the engine, if you are plannig to use it for personal use also than try the propane injection it's fantastic.or you'll be thinking of the swift.......a lot.
Since you have gone for the 2wd and if you want a 4wd than you can keep the comfort of the IFS and get 4wd by using some parts off the scorpio, will have to work on the mods....but being an bhpian you will be into this stuff so.... go for it.
Only point to be noted is get the vehicle thru the warranty period. cause a somethings can go wrong with these vehicles when using it off roads I know thru experience. But other wise these cars are solidly built...you'll love the experience of being over every one in traffic.... the best part is most of the vehicle give way when Mahindras are on the road [solid built almost every thing on the outside in high gauge metal].
Does mahindra provide bull bars thru their customization division? They had something called Sahara package when they came out with the bolero. at least the dealer in goa ,that time had it as add ons. have no idea if it was the company provided or his own package.It had bull bars with four fog lights,roof rack, a ladder on the back, canes on the rear door, alloys , etc.
Old 17th July 2007, 19:28   #64
BANNED

Guys, Well ... Its finally in the stable ... And trust me I seemed to have fallen in luv with it much faster than I thought I wud ( 12 kms only ) !! And coming back from Okhla to Vasant Kunj at 5.30 in the eve -- imagine the traffic condition on the Badarpur-Saket stretch ... but I had a BLAST , finally as Dinar said it .. towering over all the weirdos on the road made me feel good . WATCH IT DELHIITEES .... I need a solid BULL BAR ( and a license ) and Im ready to start knocking down a few here and there . YIPPEEEEEE

The first impression I had after the test drive was that the engine wasn't as good ... giving the impression of the old age diesel engines , that impression chaanged today . Also the PS is so effective that you forget u driving a Big vehicle till u see the scooter guy almost below ur engine .

Detailed report shall be put up in the right section soon ... but what I know is that I need the following mods straight away --

1. Solid Bull Bar that gives it the mean look ...
2. Console running down between the two front seats as in this version its pretty empty there . Also there is no storage space for knick knacks around the front .
3. Hellas .. atleast 2 , if not 4 at teh front or then maybe all 4 on the roof ... thats just so that if I knock down a few scooter wallas with the front the lights wud still be safe .
4. Bigger SVM ... the side views are too puny .
5. A MUCH better and louder horn .

Can't think of anything else as of now ... and I have a feeling that this vehicle may manage a few drifts like the Sierra used to . Also as of now Im sticking to the original tyres as I need the money for alloys to be spent on alloys for the swift ... and with no apples this year :-( , pocket is tight .

Will upload pics later .... but here are a few below , actually the vehicle that ws ready for me to pick up had a bad dented portion on the front bumper and when we pointed it , guess what they did ---

MAHINDRA at their best ..... ;-)

Cheers
Old 17th July 2007, 20:01   #65
BHPian

Congrats khaadu,
You might not be knowing that many Maruti Gypsies/Sumos/Mahindras have those huge custom chrome mirrors mounted on a rectangular frame (like that of a truck). You can try those. Or even try mirrors found on Tempo Traveller/Mahindra Classic.

I really liked the auxiliary tail-lamps fitted on this bolero..

And yes, four foglamps are a must!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
Will upload pics later .... but here are a few below , actually the vehicle that ws ready for me to pick up had a bad dented portion on the front bumper and when we pointed it , guess what they did ---

MAHINDRA at their best ..... ;-)

Cheers
In Mr. Pawan Goenka's words,
Quote:
"Tell us about your experiences, good or not so good"
In the second pic,
Bolero on the right --> good
Bolero on the left --> not so good

What's ur take, khaadu?
Old 17th July 2007, 20:09   #66
Senior - BHPian

Hi ex670c
Thanks for the info I had not idea about this, I have some mags from U.S. with these axle on there old school pick projects and also their new projects always wondered why we [Indian] are the last to get this kind of stuff in India and why we can not do this kind of mods here. But today I can sleep with a happy heart due to this info. And looking at you Jeep I know people here are doing stuff like that keep it up.
Thanks again for the info.
Old 17th July 2007, 20:13   #67
Senior - BHPian

The Bumperless car - thats all the mods you need! Congrats on your new family member.
Old 17th July 2007, 20:17   #68
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Khaadu...welcome to the world of the JEEP...sorry Bolero.
Old 17th July 2007, 22:10   #69
BANNED

guys, even I agree with the observation that the bumperless machine did look kinda sexy ..... , but its too early to make her strip !!

Dinar@ I aint new to the jeep fraternity .. infact the veghicle that I grew up in was the gud ol Willys Jeep - 1953 model - Left Hand Drive !!! I grew up in that ... learnt how to drive on that -- on those 6 ft wide mountain roads and with the steering having a full circle play . So I guess the jeep aint a new phenomena for me , anyways the jeeps of today arn't even close to the ones of yesteryears !!!

Cheers

PS -- Will keep u guys updated on how it modifies itself from a city look to the rural look
Old 19th July 2007, 15:10   #70
BHPian

one my fav indian vehicles. almost bought one.. ppl say its too crude, but thats the way a jeep ought to be
had a terrific time with it - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/new-in...ts-pics-2.html

waitin to see the updating pics bro
Old 19th July 2007, 15:14   #71
BANNED

Bunny, did you do any research on Mods for the Bolero ... cosmetic ones like a BUll Bar , lights etc ??? I really need to find a nice solid bull bar that makes it exude ATTITUDE !!!

Any help in thi sdirection wud be highly appreciated ...
Old 19th July 2007, 15:17   #72
BHPian

No, although i did a lot of imagining
My choice was a silver/white bolero with smoked feel (the black ones) alloys on fatter tyres. ofcourse fog lamps. But didnt do any market research on the same
Old 19th July 2007, 18:07   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
lajawab??? i think Lajjo or Lajwanti suits it better..

Godfather
Man, its been a long week and I'm happy to have found this thread to get a few laughs out of.....Saazid, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!, don't know how I missed the thread.

So the mini Gurgaon meet is on you this weekend .

By the way, we already have a Dhanno, now a Lajjo (or Lajwanti), what next
Old 19th July 2007, 19:07   #74
BANNED

Welcome to the Bolero Club. You are going to love this vehicle. I have the old GLX model with IDI Engine. Love every moment i spend driving it. The newer DI engines do get rough over time. But nothing that a proper service wont take care. Again enjoy the drive. If you stay in an area where most of the aam janta reside then you will know its the perfect tool. For all the city slickers, keep poking fun at the Bolero but when you see one coming from the opposite side remember you will lift off and let it pass.

Ok now everyone can hang me.................LOL.
Old 19th July 2007, 19:40   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello Khaadu75 - please get in touch with me on my E mail ID on the Bolero. Let's see !

Behram Dhabhar
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks