Team-BHP - Don't Laugh guys ...Bolero modifications?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Don't Laugh guys ...Bolero modifications? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/26335-dont-laugh-guys-bolero-modifications.html)

Hey, we have threads on modding all kinds of cars on teh indian roads but I just cudnt find anything for the one Im taking delivery of tomorrow morning ..

So all you fancy tuners ..lets see what advice can you come up with for deriving more power out of the --- BOLERO lol: ?? Im sure there can be something done to make it a wee bit more pwerful than it originally is .

Lets hear it ... also any cosmetic changes that cud be done , like a bull bar - extra lights -- anything to make it look more MACHO than it allready is . Btw , its Black in color .

Cheers

PS-- Stop laffing ... from the GTX to the Bolero , I know its an opposite but what to do .

You are now officially a farmer! Well done Khaadu! Or wait, does owning a Bolero make you the landlord! I think the farmer has the MM540 softtop.

Take some time. See it yourself. Wait for members to think what exactly can be done. Let it start rattle (like any other typical jeep).

You can then do all in one go. And Khaadu, I'm not laughing.

Laugh !!! Why would we !! It is an honest design, and built for a purpose, which it does well.

Suggest you go in for mods that compliment the buch apeal.
Untitled Document

Check the above link for ideas

hey khaadu and others did you guys check out the new range of special edition mahindra vehicles???

I happen to check it on their web site.

Mahindra Customised Cars

I kind of personally like the Invader:

you can check the bolero cammander: (like hummer SUT...:D)

Boss, first things first the matter of primary importance the moment your vehicle comes out of the showroom would be your tyres. Would like you to check with the Tyre Gurus to find the right upsize before you set on any other mods, for changing it immediately does save you some moolah.

The Bolero, eh...hm...DI or IDI Peugeot? Which engine?

There are many ways to increase the output from a diesel...most are unaware of some...

Wait. First important question. 2WD or 4WD??

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rtech (Post 499761)
You are now officially a farmer! Well done Khaadu! Or wait, does owning a Bolero make you the landlord! I think the farmer has the MM540 softtop.

Thank you sire ..for declaring me as a ' FARMER ' officially !! And no .. land lords drive the Pajero's so I guess Im happy with the farmer title .

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudra Sen
Take some time. See it yourself. Wait for members to think what exactly can be done. Let it start rattle (like any other typical jeep).

You can then do all in one go. And Khaadu, I'm not laughing

Thats exactly why I posted .... I have no clue what all is possible except for the tyres + alloys .

Thank you for not laffing .... though I can't stop laffing .

Quote:

Originally Posted by kkr2k2
hey khaadu and others did you guys check out the new range of special edition mahindra vehicles???

They have stopped making these . :confused:

Suren @ I have also posted in the tyres section ..lets see what they come up with .

Veyron @ Unfortunately they don't have the 4X4 option in this model at all . Also its the Di version . Id like to hear what you have to suggest !!

Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by khaadu75 (Post 499755)
PS-- Stop laffing ... from the GTX to the Bolero , I know its an opposite but what to do .

I am laughing rl: :uncontrol

Now you can officially do it in the dirt. Do post some pictures of you driving the Bolero.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid (Post 499802)
I am laughing rl: :uncontrol

Now you can officially do it in the dirt. Do post some pictures of you driving the Bolero.

Me too.. Wait till MCL and v1p3r see this thread..
I bet everyone would love to see the pics..

Godfather

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rtech (Post 499761)
I think the farmer has the MM540 softtop.

AND what exactly is that supposed to mean????

Quote:

Originally Posted by kkr2k2 (Post 499780)
I kind of personally like the Invader:

Heyyyyy, how much does that cost?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi (Post 499857)
Heyyyyy, how much does that cost?

The cost of the vehicle.. around 4L (approx) + Modifications.. another 1L (again approx)
I think these are on Order basis only.

Godfather

Quote:

Originally Posted by khaadu75 (Post 499755)

From a GTX to a Bolero ??? but why ?
Will be fun watching you do doughnuts in your bolero... well, not heard about anyone modifying their bolero except Broader tyres with good alloys...

Hey get those extra lights fitted on your Bolero, They look good and are useful when you are driving in hills.

I actually think the Bolero's a car with plenty of potential. Very butch, and a makeover can be modelled on the lines of a Jeep Wrangler or a even a Jeep Cherokee. Would be an interesting project for sure!
Also, does the Bolero have 4WD? Suspension needs work... OE setup will leave you with a sore back in 15 mins and will make you say your prayers if you attempt any hard cornering.
Interiors are spartan at best, and would need some major pimping :)
The engine is pretty powerful, but not too refined.

Having said all that, I would love to work on overhauling one. Best of luck Khaadu. Keep us updated!