Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2023, 14:51   #76
BHPian

Re: Honda 1.3L Engine swap into a Suzuki Alto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovais View Post
This marks the end of the Project L13A Alto. The car is now complete. I would like to share my thoughts on the results. I started the project with 3 objectives, 1) Fuel Efficiency, 2) Converting the Car into Automatic and 3) To have good power to weight ratio.
This is genuinely one of the cleanest built alto's I've ever seen, you've had a certain aim from the start and built it out exactly how you had envisioned, kudos to you!

The headlights look great and pretty unique too! How's the car modding scene in Pakistan?
jono213 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2023, 16:07   #77
BHPian

Wow. That's some fun project. came across the thread from your latest update. The quality of work on the shifter console made me go back and read from the start. Spent an hour enjoying the meticulous details of your project. A really fun and unique project. The car looks great. Have fun with your pocket rocket.
Gildarts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2023, 23:12   #78
BANNED

Wow! No Words. What a clean looking build. Don't forget to tell us how is to live with this cool little beast after a couple of months of driving.
aslampr07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2023, 20:42   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikki@Hyderabad View Post
That's an awesome project - I've been hooked to it since the beginning. Your patience and skill both deserve appreciation. Hope you have a lot of fun miles with your Alty. True 'Funcari'!
Thank you very much for the kind words! I'm glad that you liked it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theabstractmind View Post
If the Engine Swap wasn't enough, the change of Transmission takes the cake. Awesome! Honestly I can't follow all technicalities but the output speaks a volume about the love you have for automobiles! Congratulations!
Thank you very much for the appreciation, I'm glad that you liked the work done done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor_diwan View Post
Simply wow! I am impressed by the level of detail and accuracy in your blog. You clearly know your stuff, and it was evident that you put a lot of time and effort into it. I am glad to see the final output, and the gear lever and dashboard also look great. Happy driving!

Thank you very much for the kind words! I'm glad that you liked it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
Excellent project. The attention to detail and the meticulous work was just so fun to read. Lots of tips to pick up too on materials, fabrication etc for one's own diy project. Looking forward to the brake upgrades etc.

Drive on,
Shibu
Thank you so much! I'm really glad for the thread to be of help for anyone doing something similar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom 510 View Post
This thread is my current favourite. The things you have done to your Alto and most importantly the way you have elaborated each and everything in detail is amazing. It is really refreshing to see such articles in the sea of discussions about sunroof, touchscreen and ventilated seats (pun intended). Excellent job brother!
I am really glad that you feel that way, I'm honored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
One epic build project this was, congratulations you have executed it very neatly. Looking forward to regular updates on the car.
Thank you very much! Yes, I will continue to update this thread with any changes that I may do to the car and will also update it with the experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.dogfather View Post
When you started the thread, I was expecting the end product to be having a makeshift hood and gear lever and half the plans shelved during the project, but I am glad to be proven wrong.
The fit and finish looks great and it was quite a nail biting read , with each challenge faced and the way you found your way around it.
Thank you so much for the kind words of appreciation! I'm glad that you like what you see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmunster View Post
I have been following this thread since a while now and I have to say that this has got to be the most outrageous Alto I have come across. Reminds me of a certain 'Crio' on TBHP.
Hats off to your patience and commitment to the Funcari project.

Thank you so very much for the kind words! I'm honored for my Alto to receive such praise. Also, please share a link to the Crio project if you have it, I've read about it earlier as well and searched for it but I wasn't able to find it.

Cheers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jono213 View Post
This is genuinely one of the cleanest built alto's I've ever seen, you've had a certain aim from the start and built it out exactly how you had envisioned, kudos to you!

The headlights look great and pretty unique too! How's the car modding scene in Pakistan?
Thank you so much for the appreciation! Glad that you liked it! Thank you for appreciating the lights as well, I made these custom lights before the engine swap, they're fitted with ACME Bi-Xenon projectors. I'll share some photos of that project in this thread as well. The car modification scene in Pakistan is quite good, with people swapping engines into different vehicles as there isn't a law that prohibits them to do so as long as you update all the documents. The car did however receive some confused looks from the examiner when it went to have its engine number updated in the documents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gildarts View Post
Wow. That's some fun project. came across the thread from your latest update. The quality of work on the shifter console made me go back and read from the start. Spent an hour enjoying the meticulous details of your project. A really fun and unique project. The car looks great. Have fun with your pocket rocket.
Thank you so much for the kind words! I'm glad that you liked it! Really appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslampr07 View Post
Wow! No Words. What a clean looking build. Don't forget to tell us how is to live with this cool little beast after a couple of months of driving.
Thank you so very much for the appreciation! I will definitely update the thread with the experience in a little time. Right now, I'm having a great time driving the vehicle. Its getting great fuel average and it accelerates effortlessly, that's the best part that I'm enjoying!

I would like to thank everyone for following the thread and appreciating the build and the vehicle. I feel honored for my build to get so much praise. Its great to be here!

Last edited by Ovais : 17th May 2023 at 20:46.
Ovais is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 18th May 2023, 01:49   #80
BHPian

Super impressed by the attention to detail and methodical approach to design and implementation. Out of curiosity, are you an automobile or a mechanical engineer from an educational point of view?
I follow many such mods as a DIYer myself, but this was different. I could see that your designs involve a certain scientific as well as a mathematical approach.
TheCatalyst is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2023, 10:44   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovais View Post
Thank you so very much for the kind words! I'm honored for my Alto to receive such praise. Also, please share a link to the Crio project if you have it, I've read about it earlier as well and searched for it but I wasn't able to find it
Here you go.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ty-engine.html (Mrs. Frankmehta's Honda "CRIO™": Brio with a City Engine!)

Cheers
speedmunster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2023, 20:34   #82
Senior - BHPian

@Ovais Congratulations on the completed build !!

I just want to know if you are indeed getting higher mileage after the swap.

With a lot of our regular cars being under powered, I have always believed that there must be a spot on the (just invented by me) 3 way graph of additional power vs additional engine weight vs fuel economy where a more powerful/larger capacity engine with XX kilos of additional weight MUST be more economical to run because it can pull that weight easier right ?
Mortis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2023, 18:05   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCatalyst View Post
Super impressed by the attention to detail and methodical approach to design and implementation. Out of curiosity, are you an automobile or a mechanical engineer from an educational point of view?
I follow many such mods as a DIYer myself, but this was different. I could see that your designs involve a certain scientific as well as a mathematical approach.
Thank you very much for the kind words! I'm not an automobile engineer or an engineer for that matter, my field is project management. It's just that I love working on cars and over the years, I have gathered enough courage and skills to take something like this on. I'm glad that you enjoyed the thread

Thank you for sharing the thread! Looks like a very well done Crio and a fun project!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
@Ovais Congratulations on the completed build !!

I just want to know if you are indeed getting higher mileage after the swap.

With a lot of our regular cars being under powered, I have always believed that there must be a spot on the (just invented by me) 3 way graph of additional power vs additional engine weight vs fuel economy where a more powerful/larger capacity engine with XX kilos of additional weight MUST be more economical to run because it can pull that weight easier right ?
Thank you very much! Regarding the fuel average, there is a very noticeable jump in fuel average. Before the swap, with the F10A engine, I was getting around 14km/l within the city and with the current setup, I'm getting around 18km/l. This is mainly because the engine itself is a fuel efficient one and because of the power to weight ratio. And your analysis of power-weight ratio and fuel economy is completely correct. I used the same idea when going for the swap. Lighter cars with larger engines do often yield better fuel economy because the engine pulls the weight of the car a lot more effortlessly than the smaller engine. This has worked for me in the past as well. I had a G101 Charade in which I swapped a 1.3 Toyota 2NZ and it used to get me great fuel average as well along with good performance.
Ovais is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st December 2023, 14:13   #84
BHPian

The video of this build is out now :

Honda L13A IDSi CVT Engine Swap into ALTO VXR
rroy92 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed