Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2007, 16:56   #31
BHPian

Check this out. It has clips and just hangs on to the OEM rear view. And stays stable always

Old 5th December 2007, 17:09   #32
BHPian

Tell me one thing if i get it through online shoping , then who will fit into my Truck, also will it effact any warranty.
Old 6th December 2007, 10:50   #33
Senior - BHPian

Yours is similar to the RVM but slightly bigger, tropicool is offering a display like below in RVS-02 system, so I was confused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajismine View Post
Check this out. It has clips and just hangs on to the OEM rear view. And stays stable always

Old 6th December 2007, 22:07   #34
BHPian

tropicool wud be costly i guess. moreover i have connected this to my VCD music system so that i can see movies. The screen is 7" which is very decent..
Old 7th December 2007, 09:59   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
tropicool wud be costly i guess. moreover i have connected this to my VCD music system so that i can see movies. The screen is 7" which is very decent..
Rajeev, you should be the last person to watch movies while driving - personally I think having a screen on your IRVM which also doubles up as a movie screen is a rank bad idea but that's my opinion. Even the ones that clip on to the passenger side visor are a distraction for the driver.

VCD/DVD screens should be BEHIND the driver's line of vision
Old 7th December 2007, 10:11   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post

even if they are behind the line of vision of the driver,they distract the driver unless

1. everyone is using headphones and you can listen to something of your choice which is big ask.

2. or you are such a spirited driver whatever happens but you will drive safe which is again tough ask.

just my opinion
Old 7th December 2007, 14:55   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Rajeev, you should be the last person to watch movies while driving - personally I think having a screen on your IRVM which also doubles up as a movie screen is a rank bad idea but that's my opinion. Even the ones that clip on to the passenger side visor are a distraction for the driver.

SO do we say that watching movies while your car is parked somewhere and you just need to be in your car is not an option or rather banned by government. If so...yes I am the last one who still does that..
Old 7th December 2007, 17:21   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
SO do we say that watching movies while your car is parked somewhere and you just need to be in your car is not an option or rather banned by government. If so...yes I am the last one who still does that..
Nope, it just means that the movies are to be watched by the people sitting in the middle row - so, the screen should not be on the IRVM which would distract the driver thoroughly whenever its on...............
Old 15th December 2007, 19:49   #39
BHPian

guys, one update on the reverse camera thing.

enquired with a few shops in bangalore, the clip on mirror costs 6.3k and the total package with fitting charges comes to 9.5k, asked how much they are charging for the camera, all said that infrared camera module is not available standalone and fitting charges 1k, looks like cutting bumper to fit camera is a big task.. any pointers?

meanwhile searching on ebay i came across this mirror with built-in bluetooth and speakers, cost 6.5k. the ir camera costs 1.6k. seems like a good deal, with the bluetooth thing, visit this link:
eBay India: CAR FONE HANDSFREE BLUETOOTH 7"LCD TFT MIRROR (item 290189967962 end time 17-Dec-2007 09:54:57 IST)

i wonder if parking sensors would really be required once the camera is in place. checked a colleague's scorpio fitted with reverse guide that he got fitted in bangalore locally for 15k, very good view of things at the rear. as far as the front is concerned, safari drivers should not have trouble, view over the bonnet is pretty good seems to me.
Old 16th December 2007, 21:46   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aburagohain View Post
guys, one update on the reverse camera thing.

enquired with a few shops in bangalore, the clip on mirror costs 6.3k and the total package with fitting charges comes to 9.5k, asked how much they are charging for the camera, all said that infrared camera module is not available standalone and fitting charges 1k, looks like cutting bumper to fit camera is a big task.. any pointers?
As I have said before on this thread go for RED SOUL, it is branded with warranty and the installation will be done by RED SOUL guys. The cost is 15 K.
Old 20th December 2007, 18:20   #41
BHPian

got rear-view fitted, 7" lcd and camera, no sensor, for a total of 9k, works well. the product has a warranty of one year.
Old 21st December 2007, 11:37   #42
Senior - BHPian

Where did you get it fitted from ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by aburagohain View Post
got rear-view fitted, 7" lcd and camera, no sensor, for a total of 9k, works well. the product has a warranty of one year.
Old 21st December 2007, 11:53   #43
Team-BHP Support

I think the main cost is that of a screen. An IR camera with ring of IR LEDs for illumination at night costs around 25 USD. Local installers sell it with a 50% markup at 1500rs.
Old 21st December 2007, 12:46   #44
BHPian

@dadu
got it from a shop in jayanagar, next to the 4th block market. the product is from a company called auzo.

was getting the bluetooth enabled mirror too but they told me the bluetooth thing is not reliable, so dropped that and went for the simple one. it has one year warranty, whereas the bluetooth one doesn't have a second's warranty too as per the shop owner :-)

The camera is not IR, it comes as a package with the mirror, so couldn't change it, checked last night, the image is not very clear in dark, daytime is perfect though, planning to put a high power spotlight for reversing, additional cost of inr 200.

The shop name is car-matrix if i remember correctly, can give you the address and phone number later once i reach back home if you are interested.
Old 9th April 2008, 09:58   #45
BHPian

Reverse Camera Dealer in Chennai

Can anyone tell me a good dealer for installing a reverse camera in Chennai?

Thanks,
Gopal!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks