Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2007, 12:25   #16
Senior - BHPian

Indian, the civic exhaust is actually different, it is a single inlet pipe muffler with twin exit pipes with integrated steel tips.
Old 15th August 2007, 02:47   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I have the same on my Ikon, and its purely for cosmetic purposes. Cost was Rs. 950/- for the same. This is the same one which rr_zen was talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian View Post
Hello Autopsyche,

I was just referrring to the stainless muffler you had mentioned in the post not the chrome exhaust tip. What is the difference between these two & any specific advantage with any of them?

rr_zen, are you also talking about this kind of muffler fitted to your esteem?
Yes. This is the exact one that I have on my esteem which is purely to enhance the appearance and nothing more.
Old 15th August 2007, 21:35   #18
BHPian

Got a stainless steel muffler tip for my OHC for Rs.550.
It's only cosmetic though.
Old 16th August 2007, 06:14   #19
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Chromium plated and Stainless-steels tips are just that. Showpieces.
As we all know in the multifarious cars we have owned in our lives,
the exhaust system of the car invariably corrodes and needs replacement.

In our tropical zone, multiple monsoons, (in the snow belt, the salt on the roads) coupled with the high exhaust temperatures makes for a perfect oxidizing environment for the iron content in the steel.

But high-end car users have a solution. It's stainless steel. By alloying nickel and chromium to the steel, resistance to corrosion is achieved. Throwing money at the problem, yields a hard wearing solution. Precision manufacturing using aircraft-quality T-304 stainless steel prevents corrosion, and can be guaranteed for the life of the car -- from showroom to scrap yard. An SS exhaust system can cost anywhere from Rs. 25,000 to Rs. 32,000 depending on length.
Old 16th August 2007, 10:18   #20
BHPian

yes i go with ram, jus recently i got a leak on my ikon exhaust and the corrosion it seems came from the inside ( well i love the sporty sound of it now)
dealer dude told me that the water residue accumulates in the pipe and causes this. I need to get the piece welded for my next service

Solution: Revv the engine just before switching it off to clear the water in the pipe.
Old 16th August 2007, 12:45   #21

even the esteem limited edition car called velocity comes with a chrome exhaust pipe.
Old 16th August 2007, 23:01   #22
Senior - BHPian

I think these Chrome tips are cosmetic changes to enhance the rear appeal of the car,I have the same in my corolla which was fitted by the company.....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks