Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2009, 13:52   #61
Senior - BHPian

thats a genuine indian hot rod!!...how about modifyin a gleamin' black contessa? plonk a V8,lower it,some 19 inch chrome rims,underbody blue neons & silver racing stripes!!! that'll be one drool machine!!
Old 19th January 2009, 15:06   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Grrrr who revived this thread? Its giving me ideas - a Chevy LS1 V8 + Drivetrain can be had for very little money these days, its almost a throwaway at about Rs.50k.
Go for steer How easy is it to register something like this there?? assuming you're considering doing it up in the UAE.

How much for the LS1 (fully cleared / duty paid) in India.. Please think of me if you planning on bringing such goodies if and when you do..

Cheers..
Old 19th January 2009, 15:11   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R32_GTR View Post
Go for steer How easy is it to register something like this there?? assuming you're considering doing it up in the UAE.
Nope I was thinking in terms of picking up an engine and shipping it to India - it will still cost me less than what MotorSux charged me for the horrible Conti engine that is currently in the Landmaster.

The LM is in the garage almost all the time anyway - why not use the time productively and plonk in a new engine + drivetrain is what I was thinking.
Old 19th January 2009, 22:19   #64
BHPian

@ Steeriod! Way to go Buddy...a true petrolhead never gets bogged down!

I couldn't fathom the amount of agony that you had had to go through; reading your Landie thread yesterday threw a spanner..nope a pipe wrench in my works. I now understand that one needs to be serious...extremely serious to actually have that gleaming amby hotrod in the garage. And an ashan who is more passionate than you would help!

One question here; this is something thats been doing the rounds in my heads for many many years. Wouldn't a 3 - 4 inch chop on the Amby's roof make it look really cool. It is no easy task, but I think if done well along with a nice lowering job will make the Amby look killer.

BTW : I spend 30 minutes on MS paint and picasa to chop Rudra's famed Amby. Forgive me if I sinned

Now Back to the subject of the thread: I did get to see the Amby in the Chennai Auto show on Saturday. I was stunned seeing the straight six; looked really at home in the Amby's bay. But looks like the owner got tired with the simple red paint and decided to add some ghastly matt black graphics; not very good taste I must say. Maybe it was just an attempt to make the car SHOW ready! The ICE was truly loud; but horrible at those noise levels; it was jarring like crazy.
Attached Thumbnails
Ambassador with a 4.5 Liter, 6 cyl FORD engine!!-amby-chop-31.jpg  

Old 19th January 2009, 22:50   #65
Senior - BHPian

Jose,
Nice work there. MS Paint huh! The lowered pillars of the Amby result in the bonnet looking humongous in front of the rest of the car.

And what's with this arbit number plate ?
Old 20th January 2009, 00:53   #66
BHPian

This is where the Amby got its idea for the vinyl!!!!

NFS Most Wanted.
Attached Thumbnails
Ambassador with a 4.5 Liter, 6 cyl FORD engine!!-chennai-167-large.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 20th January 2009, 01:02   #67
Senior - BHPian

ram.west, are there any more photos of the amby??
Old 20th January 2009, 02:30   #68
BHPian

That engine is certainly not a Ford 4.5L because there is no such engine. It doesn't look like the modern I6 from a Falcon either. Just look at the valvecovers - it looks like something from a late 60's 70's era car, so I'm quite confused.

Someone is lying...
Old 20th January 2009, 02:53   #69
BHPian

More Pics ?

these seem to be the only other pictures of this car but wanted a better pic of under the hood stuff and 6" increase on the bonnet ? wow that is some work.

Ambassador with a 4.5 Liter, 6 cyl FORD engine!!-chennai-164-large.jpg
Ambassador with a 4.5 Liter, 6 cyl FORD engine!!-chennai-168-large.jpg
Ambassador with a 4.5 Liter, 6 cyl FORD engine!!-chennai-166-large.jpg

Last edited by muneemmk : 20th January 2009 at 02:55.
Old 20th January 2009, 02:59   #70
BHPian

Steerbhai don't do it now , please want to see the old lady running up and about without any probs before going in for more gangsta mods like this.
Old 7th November 2009, 08:07   #71
Senior - BHPian

Now thats one uber cool amby.Wonder where the owner got it done? But if it was i would have modded a old honda city snapped it in with a type r v8 engine etc....phew

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks