Team-BHP - Ambassador with a 4.5 Liter, 6 cyl FORD engine!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Ambassador with a 4.5 Liter, 6 cyl FORD engine!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/27012-ambassador-4-5-liter-6-cyl-ford-engine.html)

Hey guys,

Spotted this Amby at a garage near my office.

The amby's hood was extended to occupy a massive 4500CC V6 FORD engine :Shockked: . It has 205-50-R16 size michelin tires on OZ rims.

The car was getting some suspension mods (stiffer springs and raising suspensions as the bottom was scraping the speed bumps).

I have also spotted at this garage, a couple of accords with body kits, a celica, a Grand Vitara, Mitsu Challenger, Prado etc on several occasions.

Here are the pics. Hope you like 'em.

P.S. Rudra, dedicating this thread to you. :)

This pic can probably give you an idea of the length of the car :

Pics taken from my cellphone (w700i) so please excuse for the low quality.

aditya!!!!!!! thats an awesome find! i just HAVE to see this monster. where is this workshop???

please give us details

Quote:

Originally Posted by n_aditya (Post 517661)
The amby's hood was extended to occupy a massive 4500CC V6 FORD engine :Shockked: . It has 205-50-R16 size michelin tires on OZ rims.

Nice find Aditya. You mentioned that it has a V6 but I see an I6 engine here.

Thats not a V6 - its a straight six. Nice find, nevertheless.

OMG that is one hell of a Amby, would love to see this one on the drag strip.

Wow what a find and i must congratulate the guy who is behind this mod. Im sure it'll be a scorcher.

Quote:

Originally Posted by V-16 (Post 517707)
Wow what a find and i must congratulate the guy who is behind this mod. Im sure it'll be a scorcher.

i will make sure u see a scorcher...just need you to find me a chassis.....10 days and counting....

its good to see that someone else has a VISION as well...nice find...

Sorry about the Typo.. was too excited.lol: It is an Inline 6 Cylinder engine (mod's pls edit the title)

P.S. Flipsyde, the garage is located on Poonamallee Road.

To reach there, take a left after exiting the Chetpet bridge (entry to Poonamallee Road). There is a lane immediately after u turn left. You might miss the lane but its just before the IOC bunk. The garage is at the end of this lane.

I cant recollect the name of the garage but is owned by one Mr. Vinod (9884095899). He has worked on a number of high end indian and imported cars as well.

My sympathies to any would be boy racer who tries to race against this Amby on the road, thinking its gonna be a cake walk against an Amby !!

Hmmm... Nice car, with a big engine.

Though the paint job seems a little overdone for an Ambi (may be just cause i like them soft).

Quote:

Originally Posted by spadival (Post 517737)
My sympathies to any would be boy racer who tries to race against this Amby on the road, thinking its gonna be a cake walk against an Amby !!

I really doubt if the Amby can be pushed to the full potential of the engine. It has a high ground clearance and a non-aerodynamic body. I don't know what mods have been done to suspension, brakes, steering, etc.; but I definitely wouldn't want to be sitting in that Amby when it is being pushed around on track or elsewhere.

Whoaaaaa thats one supercool setup.....someone is spending some serious money on the ambassador just done like the hood design on it, not matching the character of the car... Rest is all thumbs up...

Fantastic find. I am going to go have a look.

Not just the bonnet is streched to acomodate the bigger engine, the entire wheelbase is increased to accomodate the drive train. My guess is that there is a different car underneat with a Amby body on top. However great Idea. So should we see many people going muscle car hunting? The bonnet and the lower portion of the front mudguard are sore points (hope the owner reads this).

My oh my !! wonderful find Adi.

Quote:

He has worked on a number of high end indian and imported cars as well.
And if I may ask what was thou doing at the garage ?