Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2007, 12:54   #1
Senior - BHPian

Any electrician in Pune who looks at vehicle electricals?

Yesterday evening, I tried connecting a DC to AC power inverter (@ no load.. i.e. without any device being connected) to the cigarette lighter on my Baleno. I think the result was a blown fuse.. because the HU stopped working as well !! Everything else work. Probably the HU/Speakers/Sub draw power from the same line.

I can of course fix this by changing the fuse and not bothering with the power inverter again. But that would mean no juice for my mobile phone + GPS unit . Is there any electrician in Pune who can look at this?

I am a bit wary of taking it to my regular Maruti A.S.S... I don't think mechanics are good electricians
Old 1st August 2007, 13:34   #2
Senior - BHPian

oops..Can the mods move this to Technical Stuff?
Old 3rd August 2007, 12:02   #3
BHPian

Why don't you try Poona motors? He is really good and he has his own workshop as well apart from the usual accessories. He's used to a lot of installs involving electricals (underbody neons etc.) I'm sure he can help. At least he might give you a better adapter, in case that's where the fault lies. He's located behind Corporation Bank on East Street and you can ask for Vinit and give him my reference.
Old 8th September 2007, 21:53   #4
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to recommendation from Cypher, I took the car today to a mechanic who fixed the issue with the cigarette lighter. The reason for the problem was becoz my previous mechanic had inverted the connections.. +ve and -ve !! Also, the car battery is in a bad shape and I am getting it replaced. Some time soon, I will have the car's wiring checked as well end to end.

Moral of the story: Never let a mechanic mess around with the electricals unless he demonstrates some knowledge about vehicle electricals. A minor mistake may mean a short circuit and your car could go up in smoke !!
Old 9th September 2007, 00:09   #5
BHPian

Which mechanic do you go to?
Why don't you try Wonder Cars (Authorised Maruti Workshop) in Camp / Pimpri. They are good and have seperate people for the A/C, mechanicals, electricals etc. Each with his own technical qualifications and expertise!
Old 9th September 2007, 11:14   #6
Senior - BHPian

Its a long story...My chennai mechanic had screwed up the connections while fixing the cigarette lighter. Basically the cigarette lighter itself was working fine becoz its doesnt need the +ve/-ve terminals to be correct. Even my regular Maruti A.S.S (Tune up Plus) at Baner road could not figure out what was the problem. So I went to a mechanic near Satara road near Vivekananda statue (recommended by TBHPian Cypher). The problem has been fixed now.

Well, I will probably go to Wonder Cars next time. I am a bit wary of going to the dealers (as against stand alone A.S.S) as they tend to over charge.

Last edited by spadival : 9th September 2007 at 11:19.
Old 9th September 2007, 12:28   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
Its a long story...My chennai mechanic had screwed up the connections while fixing the cigarette lighter. Basically the cigarette lighter itself was working fine becoz its doesnt need the +ve/-ve terminals to be correct. Even my regular Maruti A.S.S (Tune up Plus) at Baner road could not figure out what was the problem. So I went to a mechanic near Satara road near Vivekananda statue (recommended by TBHPian Cypher). The problem has been fixed now.

Well, I will probably go to Wonder Cars next time. I am a bit wary of going to the dealers (as against stand alone A.S.S) as they tend to over charge.
Well, the dealers do charge more, but their work is fantastic.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks