Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2007, 13:13   #196
BHPian

OK OK my bad.
Busa no more posts from me in your thread or garage from now on.
Have replied to your PM.
Old 30th November 2007, 10:53   #197
Senior - BHPian

Okay got one question BUSA.The swift with the same engine comes in other countries in a 90 bhp tune but it also has a variable geometry turbo.
Where as in india it comes in the 75 bhp tune with a fixed geometry turbo.
So fixing it with a petes tuning box which makes it 90 bhp wont it stress out the turbo?
Not worried about the block/pistons bla bla as its the same all over but what about the turbo?any long term effects anyone should be worried about?
Old 30th November 2007, 16:24   #198
Senior - BHPian

Variable geomery turbo is used to get more performance at the lower rpms - i.e to reduce turbo lag. Don't think an FGT would be more stressed than a VGT for the same boost. It is the pistons and crank that will be stressed as you increase boost.
Old 30th November 2007, 17:12   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
Variable geomery turbo is used to get more performance at the lower rpms - i.e to reduce turbo lag. Don't think an FGT would be more stressed than a VGT for the same boost. It is the pistons and crank that will be stressed as you increase boost.
Yeah but the boost will increase only if hardware changes are made to the engine right?with petes only the software changes and since the FGT is meant for 75 bhp and we are changing that with a petes box will there be any long term effects?
Pistons and crank will be stressed totally agree but then except the turbo and ecu everythin in the engine match the europian spec engine which is meant to churn out 90 bhp so that should be taken care of.
Old 30th November 2007, 18:22   #200
Senior - BHPian

I think turboindia is the best person to answer your query.

AFAIK, you dont need to do anyhardware changes to increase boost, just need to tweak the ECU.
Old 30th November 2007, 20:36   #201
Senior - BHPian

humyum - I dont think the engine will be stressed since all cars are made to handle more power then they do and the engine can make more power then what it is since a 20% increase in power wont stress the engine in anyways IMO.

Swift does not come in 90bhp form abroad, i think it comes in 70bhp versions with lesser torque.
Old 30th November 2007, 21:07   #202
Senior - BHPian

Sorry i meant the same common rail multi jet engine which is in the swift diesel in india comes in the 90 bhp tune and VGT in other countries
So in india its the same engine with FGT and 75 bhp
Old 4th December 2007, 20:11   #203

mind blowing

Good evening everyone.

Thank you Busa for starting this thread and letting us all know of the PSI system for the swift. Cheers to you peter for bringing this in India.

I just picked up the kit this evening and got it fixed. my god, wat a beast of a package in such a small box, technology sure has come a long way.

Shall post pictures first thing tomorrow morning.

Busa/Peter. I do have a couple of technical queries.

1. I bought a K&N Appollo closed air intake, which the distributor said is sutiabel for the swift diesel, but unfortunately i had some problems fitting the same, but my mechanic is confident of fixing it latest by saturday, otherwise i would just close my eyes and get the green wind filter, since its a perfect fit and is tested in the swift diesel before.

2. The PSI kit comes with the standard factory setting, which is quite appealing, but once i fit the filter this satiurday, i would defenately like to increase it to the next option available, could you throw some light on this.
thanks guys.

P.S (Busa, wat fuel are u using?)
Old 5th December 2007, 23:40   #204
Senior - BHPian

Congratualtions Vignesh for getting your car Petefied.

Well i dont know about KnN Apollo but the Green Filter is perfect fitement for the Swift Diesel.

Quote:
(Busa, wat fuel are u using?)
I am using IOC Regular. Premium Fuel will cause lots of smoking. Not advisable.

About the setting, Peter will be a better person to tell you, but Swift works best on stage one setting.
Old 11th December 2007, 21:34   #205
rippergeo

Hey guys, there's a white swift DDiS with a black roof ,alloys,upsized tyres, projector headlamps and,I think, free flow with twin exhaust pipes.
I also heard it has a remapped ECU putting out close to 100bhp
also in it are suspension mods close to 1.2lakhs, height adjustable I think.
They were taking it out for acceleration testing when my bro saw them.

Guess who's responsible for this madness?

will try and put up some pics.

I think I should wait for the owner to reveal himself. my lips are sealed till i get the permission to let the cat out.

Old 11th December 2007, 21:39   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think I should wait for the owner to reveal himself. my lips are sealed till i get the permission to let the cat out.
Why do you need to seal you lips to let the cat out, you dont need permission, just blank out the pics and post. BTW he must be running a tunning box on stage 2 with FFE and Filter, 100bhp is a cake walk then.
Old 11th December 2007, 21:41   #207
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Why do you need to seal you lips to let the cat out, you dont need permission, just blank out the pics and post. BTW he must be running a tunning box on stage 2 with FFE and Filter, 100bhp is a cake walk then.
i was specifically told that it has'nt been chipped. its an ECU remap. nice to know that 100bhp is within reach of the tuning box though.

Old 11th December 2007, 22:00   #208
Senior - BHPian

So what you waiting for, please post the pics asap.
Old 18th December 2007, 20:25   #209

The tuning box
http://cherish.co.in/DSC00962.JPG

another view
http://cherish.co.in/DSC00961.JPG

K&N Air Filter
http://cherish.co.in/DSC00964.JPG

Another view
http://cherish.co.in/DSC00965.JPG

Free flow exhaust
http://cherish.co.in/SP_A0005.jpg

I removed the tail factory exhuast and put a free flow, marginal difference, i think the real difference would come, only when i remove the CAT.

Shall let you know once i do it.
cheers
vignesh
Old 18th December 2007, 21:42   #210
Senior - BHPian

Busa has the top speed increased with the tuning box?more in the region of 180 on the speedo?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks