Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2007, 16:59   #211
Senior - BHPian

Top speed, i have not tested, but the car does reach 180 with ease.

Vignesh - You plan a FFE?
Old 21st December 2007, 13:14   #212
BHPian

what are the drawbacks of this pete's box

Please pardon my ignorance on this subject.

Are there any side effects of using this Petes box. ? If there are no side effects why doesn't the car manufacturer do this tuning at the factory ?

Thanks
Old 21st December 2007, 14:51   #213
tez
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skmami View Post

Are there any side effects of using this Petes box. ? If there are no side effects why doesn't the car manufacturer do this tuning at the factory ?

Thanks
I guess they leave something for after market
Old 22nd December 2007, 18:47   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skmami View Post

Thanks
Its all about cost cutting measure. Tell me wont a turbocharger make the car lot more faster, why dont manufacturers give us petrol cars with turbo, cause it will increase the price.
Old 22nd December 2007, 18:56   #215
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Its all about cost cutting measure. Tell me wont a turbocharger make the car lot more faster, why dont manufacturers give us petrol cars with turbo, cause it will increase the price.
Na Busa,

I am sure there is more to it, else it makes sense to give it as an option. It would sell.

There are people who want it but do not buy it because of the fact that it is an "outside" product that affects warranty of the car.
Old 22nd December 2007, 19:14   #216
Senior - BHPian

Eddy, Fiat will be selling the GP in the same set of tune as the Peted Swit is with sme engine capacity. Now if MUL sells a 90bhp Swift, they will have to give bigger tyres and ABS as compulsary on all models. I was a bit vary on installing after marketstuff but the Petes box is the best thing ever to happen to Indian Performance Industry, just plug & play, remove it before service and your warranty is intact.
Old 22nd December 2007, 19:25   #217
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Eddy, Fiat will be selling the GP in the same set of tune as the Peted Swit is with sme engine capacity. Now if MUL sells a 90bhp Swift, they will have to give bigger tyres and ABS as compulsary on all models. I was a bit vary on installing after marketstuff but the Petes box is the best thing ever to happen to Indian Performance Industry, just plug & play, remove it before service and your warranty is intact.
It really doesn't cost as much. Either you do a remap or you have the pete's box as a piggy back. It is just a software which I am guessing can be flashed directly into the ECU.

There has to be some other reason to detune the engine. It could very well be that the gearbox/clutch is still not upto the power so play it safe they detuned it.

ABS is not there in teh getz. Maruti would have always given it as optional. Even if they were giving more power they wouldn't have upsized the tyres.

I remember the hue and cry we made with the Verna which had some 175 profile tyres in the CRDi.
Old 22nd December 2007, 22:56   #218
Senior - BHPian

Agreed that cost is not the issue for cutting the power down, buttttttttt look at the Octy RS, it comes with the 1.8T which makes 150bhp, wheras the same engine puts out 180bhp in other cars like the Audi TT(old one) So why does the manufacture do it, maybe because they think that they can use the upgraded power in the future when they revamp the model?
Old 22nd December 2007, 23:28   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Linea is commin in the 90bhp tune BUT BUT...the engine everything is the same but the turbo used is different.The LINEA with the 1.3 ddis engine which is going to produce 90 bhp is gonna have a variable geometry turbo against the fixed geometry turbo of the swifts current engine
And as per cars magazine the Grand punto is going to come with the same swift engine in the 75 bhp tune itself with the fixed geometry turbo

Last edited by humyum : 22nd December 2007 at 23:43.
Old 31st December 2007, 13:50   #220

Quote:
Top speed, i have not tested, but the car does reach 180 with ease.

Vignesh - You plan a FFE?
Busa, i have changed only the tailend as of now, the front end looks a little complicated with the CAt and the turbocharger pipes are very near the front end, so have to take some time to figure out if it would be worthwhile to play around.

There is however no exhaust note, this is due to the fact that i haev not rmoved the CAT, am not sure if i put in a mangoose or a scorpion exhaust, if there would be more gain or noise.

cheers.
Old 31st December 2007, 14:59   #221
Senior - BHPian

Getting a good note out of a diesel wont be a easy job. Its not worth playing with the exhaust of a new car.

However you can go to a expert and he will do the needful, but make sure he knows what he is doing. Also with FFE noise levels will become higher as per what some tuners have told me.
Old 31st December 2007, 23:58   #222
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
A 75 bhp, 190Nm swift is more than powerful for 95% of the buyers. They dont even care to upsize the tyres.

A company comes out with a turbocharged petrol, and the first question they will have to answer will be its mileage.
Old 7th January 2008, 11:01   #223
BHPian

Nicely put CD , I used to be a part of those people who would only look at the mileage of the car, even now i still do but as long as it gives me 15+ , I really dont bother and utlize the turbocharger to its full potential !!
Old 9th January 2008, 12:04   #224
rippergeo

BUSA, another question, where is the CAI drawing the air from? the diesel swift already draws air from the grille doesnt it? can we make it any colder than that with a CAI?

PS- my piggybank is still short of the magic figure of 30,000
all saving up has to be done covertly, as my wife will kill me if she finds out I'm planning engine mods. someday i will get that tuning box....sigh!

Old 10th January 2008, 20:27   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BUSA, another question, where is the CAI drawing the air from?
From below the car, next to the gearbox.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks