Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2008, 11:43   #241

that was on bangalore mumbai highway i did that speed,just got my green filter cleaned ,tyres am using are yokohama s drive with nitrogen .
Old 20th February 2008, 14:04   #242
rippergeo

@dipenshah- what was the smoke like at that speed? anything in the RVMs? how long did you sustain that speed? what was the engine RPM?

Old 21st February 2008, 22:18   #243

I have touched 180...it was not easy to touch 180 but it can easily touch 160...
Old 16th August 2008, 00:36   #244
BHPian

WOW ! After going through the seventeen pages above, I have started saving for the Diesel Swift.
One question though. I read that the Green Cotton filter sucks air from somewhere below the car? How much grounded is that below?
Dust is one issue (mentioned in the thread already), but what about water clogged on streets during heavy rains?
I live in Chandigarh and hope you guys have read that the area around is submerged in water these days due to heavy rains. 1-3 feet of water clogging in normal around here.

So, what if the filter sucks water along with the air? Engine Cease is one thing that comes to my mind, what next? Please enlighten ! Thanks
Old 3rd September 2008, 09:51   #245
BANNED

Who sells the petes box in bangy?
Old 3rd September 2008, 10:01   #246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
Who sells the petes box in bangy?
Contact Psycho aka Keshav of Team Torque.

Alternate vendors are Anil of Hot Tracks. I think Stanley Leather (Located next to advaith service station) were also dealers at one point.
Old 19th September 2008, 17:40   #247

i have done 10k kms after fitting the petes power box and green filter,i had a amazing drive on mumbai pune express way and managed to do 197kmph ,but mileage was around 13kmpl
Old 19th September 2008, 18:20   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipenshah View Post
i have done 10k kms after fitting the petes power box and green filter,i had a amazing drive on mumbai pune express way and managed to do 197kmph ,but mileage was around 13kmpl
197!!!!!!!!!! Are you kidding me???? Wind assisted? Are you running Stage 2? And I seriously hope you have ABS because braking will be notoriously difficult and dangerous otherwise. The best I've gotten to so far is 170. But she does fly to 80 in the blink of an eye. No wonder my FE is showing a slight drop at 13.7 as opposed to 14.6 - 15 before.

Aside, I can't find the right grade synthetic oil for the Swift D in bangalore. Any suggestions. the recommended grade is API-CG4 or above.
Old 19th September 2008, 19:51   #249
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartikkumar View Post
Aside, I can't find the right grade synthetic oil for the Swift D in bangalore. Any suggestions. the recommended grade is API-CG4 or above.
Mobil Delvac 1 5W-40 This is the best upgrade, availability i have no clue.

Site says its available in India Mobil Products

Exxon Mobil Lubricants Private Limited
3rd Floor, Tower A, Signature Towers
South City-1, NH8, Gurgaon - 122001 (Haryana) India

For purchasing, dial any of the following numbers, Toll Free (within India):
1-600-1801281
1-600-1801282
1-600-1801283
1-600-1801284

Last edited by Jaggu : 19th September 2008 at 19:57.
Old 19th September 2008, 19:55   #250
BHPian

Err, sorry OT, but couldn't search for the info, so posting it here.
Has anyone peted the Palio MJD? also do the MJD & swift share the same ECU ie. Bosch? or does the palio have marelli ecu? I undertsand that the palio and swift have different remaps(stock condition). I have not come across palio MJD owners posting a pic of their ECU. Can anyone throw light on this?
Old 19th September 2008, 21:21   #251
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudipt123 View Post
Err, sorry OT, but couldn't search for the info, so posting it here.
Has anyone peted the Palio MJD? also do the MJD & swift share the same ECU ie. Bosch? or does the palio have marelli ecu? I undertsand that the palio and swift have different remaps(stock condition). I have not come across palio MJD owners posting a pic of their ECU. Can anyone throw light on this?
I'd spoken to peter about it. he said it was the same tuning box for both, and i think I saw an MJD being pete'd the last time i dropped in at his place.

Old 19th September 2008, 22:56   #252
BHPian

can anyone lend me 30grand and forget it????

want pete's and green for my vdi real bad...but cant save enough..toooo bad!!!
got excited just reading the post-pete's running reports...great piece of technology!!
Old 20th September 2008, 11:23   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzehar View Post
WOW ! After going through the seventeen pages above, I have started saving for the Diesel Swift.
One question though. I read that the Green Cotton filter sucks air from somewhere below the car? How much grounded is that below?
Dust is one issue (mentioned in the thread already), but what about water clogged on streets during heavy rains?
I live in Chandigarh and hope you guys have read that the area around is submerged in water these days due to heavy rains. 1-3 feet of water clogging in normal around here.

So, what if the filter sucks water along with the air? Engine Cease is one thing that comes to my mind, what next? Please enlighten ! Thanks
No one's bothered? listening 'TURBO INDIA'?
Old 20th September 2008, 11:47   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzehar View Post
No one's bothered? listening 'TURBO INDIA'?
That is a joke.

The dynamisation kit is a flexible hose that can be fixed to any level down. During the rains just pull it up a bit and you are completley out of trouble if you understand what I mean. In any case it is above the gearbox and already safe.

If you think you are going to be wading deep waters just remove the dynamisation kit. All it requires is a single screw and put it back on after you are on land. Get the picture?

Rgds

Last edited by turboindia : 20th September 2008 at 11:48. Reason: spellings
Old 20th September 2008, 11:53   #255
BHPian

Can the Vista Quadrajet use the same box as the Swift and the Palio?

Most Viewed