Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2008, 12:02   #256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzehar View Post
No one's bothered? listening 'TURBO INDIA'?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post
Can the Vista Quadrajet use the same box as the Swift and the Palio?
Yes of course all engines are the same.
Old 20th September 2008, 22:36   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboindia View Post
Yes of course all engines are the same.
But the specs of the Quadrajet are a wee better than the Swift in the torque department, I am guessing that it is tuned differently. Does that not matter when it comes to adding the box?
Old 21st September 2008, 13:46   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post
But the specs of the Quadrajet are a wee better than the Swift in the torque department, I am guessing that it is tuned differently. Does that not matter when it comes to adding the box?
NO we have tried it on a few cars and they work perfectly.
Old 21st September 2008, 14:13   #259
BHPian

I have been using the box with the Green filter+dynamisation kit and have driven in heavy rains and all ossible conditions but havent come across any problem whatsoever.

As mentioned by Peter, the dynamisation kit ( flexible hose/pipe) is fairly above the ground so nothing to worry.
Old 22nd September 2008, 14:05   #260
BHPian

@ Jaggu, thanks for the links. Of course, 1-600 numbers are now 1-800 and they haven't bothered updating their website.

Then I get the number of their distributor in Bangalore whose number does not exist. Anyone heard of 'PON PURE'?? So that means one is back to square 1 in the search for the synth oil.

Peter, what synth oil do you recommend and is it available in Cochin? Might just have to get it from there. Also, how does one move from the normal setting to stage 1 on the box for the Swift D? Methinks it is time to make the shift especially since I have a long long drive coming up. Thanks!
Old 23rd September 2008, 01:13   #261
BHPian

Since I can't seem to edit my earlier post....

Just checked FE and got 17.5 with a very very light foot in the city. AC on 100% of the time. Lots of stop and go traffic as well. I am supremely impressed. It does make me wonder why the first tank full returned a measly 13.4??

Cheers!
Old 23rd September 2008, 06:34   #262
rippergeo

@karthikkumar
when the box is installed, it comes with the +1 setting. do you want to go to +2?
Mobil1 is quite good, Delvac 1 is supposed to be even better.
Its available in cochin.

Old 23rd September 2008, 06:42   #263
BHPian

As much as I would like to go to +2, I'm not sure I should with the Vectras that I am currently running. But I am tempted to try it. What I need clarity on is whether the Wind+Dynamization kit is sufficient or further changes and if so, what?

Mobil 1 is good, but I can't find the right diesel grade. As for Delvac that seems to be a wild goose chase. I think I will stick with semi-synth for now and replace it every 3000 kms if necessary. Besides, not that much hard revving one can do within the city, on a regular basis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
@karthikkumar
when the box is installed, it comes with the +1 setting. do you want to go to +2?
Mobil1 is quite good, Delvac 1 is supposed to be even better.
Its available in cochin.
Old 23rd September 2008, 06:51   #264
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartikkumar View Post
As much as I would like to go to +2, I'm not sure I should with the Vectras that I am currently running. But I am tempted to try it. What I need clarity on is whether the Wind+Dynamization kit is sufficient or further changes and if so, what?

Mobil 1 is good, but I can't find the right diesel grade. As for Delvac that seems to be a wild goose chase. I think I will stick with semi-synth for now and replace it every 3000 kms if necessary. Besides, not that much hard revving one can do within the city, on a regular basis.
yeah, stick to +1 is what peter told me to, though he offered to bump it up for me just for kicks. the car will smoke a bit more than normal on +2 and +3
Delvac1 should be available in cochin. I dont have the number of the dealer at the moment, cos my phone's on the blink. will pop in to their shop and find out. let me know when you're coming to cochin.

Old 23rd September 2008, 07:25   #265
Senior - BHPian

Coupla dumb koshuns:
a. Does the tuning box in any way decrease the life of the car?
b. With Pete's tuning box, is a 3000km change interval required? And I thought the 5000km interval was bad!!
Old 23rd September 2008, 07:47   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Coupla dumb koshuns:
a. Does the tuning box in any way decrease the life of the car?
b. With Pete's tuning box, is a 3000km change interval required? And I thought the 5000km interval was bad!!
Question a. I don't think it does. Peter would be the best person to answer this.
Question b. no it isn't. If you are running synthetic oil, 5000 - 7500 kms between changes is ok. If you are running semi-synthetic oil, 5000 kms is a must. I was suggesting I would change at 3000 kms because of the hard revving and the inability to easily locate Delvac1 in Bangalore.

Clear now?
Old 23rd September 2008, 11:06   #267
Senior - BHPian

Koshun a came about because of GTO's post elsewhere about his BIL's Merc engine packing up at 170k km because of over-revving - wondering if the tuning box can exacerbate the same!

cool about b - but how do petrols' oil last TWICE as long?
Old 23rd September 2008, 11:33   #268
Team-BHP Support

Are the Peted guys ok with a 3k (mineral) oil change interval ?
Old 23rd September 2008, 13:53   #269
rippergeo

@karthik- where did you get the idea of 3k oil change?
i dont think its necessary. even 5k which I do is considered overkill by some.

over revving is entirely upto the user/driver.

most of the time my car runs between 1200-2500rpm.
twice or thrice a day, it might see 4k rpm during the gear shifts off the traffic lights

if I'm testing 0-100 times, it might see 4500rpm 3 or 4 times that night(happens once in 3-4 months)

I've noticed that i need to rev the car much lesser than I used to when it was stock, because i get more torque at the lower rpm ranges, but the fun part is, if i feel like revving it, the box is there to help it climb the tacho like a rocket.

Does anyone else using the tuning box change oil at 3k?
BUSA is MIA?

@phamilyman- stop worrying about the oil change intervals. most of us swift D guys are obsessed with the car getting the best, hence we change oil frequently, its open to debate on whether it is a VFM practice, but it does give a sense of satisfaction.

Diesel itself is a good lubricant, and that is why well engineered diesel engines run as long as petrols if not longer, under much harsher conditions.

I also think we should stop worrying about this engine, till we have confirmed reports of problems. The 1.3 fiat common rail was not given the engine of the year award for nothing.

biggest factors in engine longevity is driving style and maintenance. any engine can pack up if abused, tuned or stock.

Last edited by rippergeo : 23rd September 2008 at 13:55.

Old 23rd September 2008, 14:19   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
@karthik- where did you get the idea of 3k oil change?
i dont think its necessary. even 5k which I do is considered overkill by some.
I completely agree. I was not suggesting the an oil change is needed at 3000 kms. Was just suggesting that if necessary, in the absence of synthetic oil, while using semi-synthetic, I could change the oil at 3000 kms. I don't promote or believe that changing oil at 3k kms is necessary nor do I do that. It was a thought that I put into words. Let's just forget I even said it, shall we!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks