Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2008, 16:36   #271
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
cool about b - but how do petrols' oil last TWICE as long?
Due to lesser stresses on them. Spark Plugs versus higher compression, leads to bigger bangs & so more stress on the engine. That's why most diesel engines are still Iron blocks unlike Petrols which have shifted over to materials like Aluminium.
Old 23rd September 2008, 16:42   #272
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
Delvac1 should be available in cochin. I dont have the number of the dealer at the moment, cos my phone's on the blink. will pop in to their shop and find out. let me know when you're coming to cochin.
Do share the number here if the dealer is ok with it, there will be many interested customers from bangalore
Old 23rd September 2008, 16:57   #273
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Do share the number here if the dealer is ok with it, there will be many interested customers from bangalore
I was asked by them not to send my friends there but I have been doing so for some time now. they are a friendly bunch and if you sound like you are keen on their products, they will relent and get you the good stuff for astonishing prices.
will be going there soon, will give you the number then. right now, I've lost most of my numbers with my phone and cant seem to find the back up file on my laptop.
will get you the number by next week.

Old 23rd September 2008, 18:37   #274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was asked by them not to send my friends there but I have been doing so for some time now. they are a friendly bunch and if you sound like you are keen on their products, they will relent and get you the good stuff for astonishing prices.
will be going there soon, will give you the number then. right now, I've lost most of my numbers with my phone and cant seem to find the back up file on my laptop.
will get you the number by next week.
Why would someone NOT want extra business?
Old 23rd September 2008, 20:16   #275
rippergeo

@immortalz- they are wholesalers, and sell directly to service stations, who then add a premium to the original price and sell it to us. if everyone starts doing what I do and buy directly from the wholesalers, the car service stations(who are the biggest buyers) will give the wholesalers a tough time.

why do you think service stations refuse us when we go in with superior parts/materials and avoid their own in-house stock? we're eating into their profit, that's why.

Last edited by rippergeo : 23rd September 2008 at 20:18.

Old 23rd September 2008, 22:09   #276
Senior - BHPian

Ah. I didn't know they were wholesalers. Or I didn't notice. Apologies.
Old 23rd September 2008, 22:51   #277
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
yeah, stick to +1 is what peter told me to, though he offered to bump it up for me just for kicks. the car will smoke a bit more than normal on +2 and +3
Delvac1 should be available in cochin. I dont have the number of the dealer at the moment, cos my phone's on the blink. will pop in to their shop and find out. let me know when you're coming to cochin.
bump it up man. ive been running my innova on +2 for about 10 months. no problems whatsoever. it makes a noticeable difference.
Old 24th September 2008, 00:32   #278
Senior - BHPian

Akshay - How much mileage has your Innova done in those 10 months??
Old 24th September 2008, 11:01   #279
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Akshay - How much mileage has your Innova done in those 10 months??
well i dont know about the 10 months but since i fitted on the petes box about 17k kms. its now on 37xxx kms.
Old 24th September 2008, 14:26   #280
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
bump it up man. ive been running my innova on +2 for about 10 months. no problems whatsoever. it makes a noticeable difference.
believe me, the temptation is strong, but peter himself told me that the optimum setting for the VDi is +1.A good combination of mileage, performance and driveability.

also, isnt the innova a VG turbo? that will help the engine deal with the slightly increased fuelling, in the FGT swift, using the +2 or +3 over long term will just lead to more soot and carbon because of the relative lack of oxygen.
just a theory. maybe peter can say more.

Old 24th September 2008, 14:40   #281
Senior - BHPian

Guys I'm having trouble on my truck now that has been attributed to the tuning box that I have fitted.

Please be careful. I will update after I sort out all issues.
Old 24th September 2008, 14:59   #282
SUV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Guys I'm having trouble on my truck now that has been attributed to the tuning box that I have fitted.

Please be careful. I will update after I sort out all issues.
Are you having Timing Issues ? ......
Old 24th September 2008, 15:01   #283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUV View Post
Are you having Timing Issues ? ......
Nope - worse. Will update later. Cant get thru on your current number - please PM me your newest number.
Old 24th September 2008, 15:39   #284
Distinguished - BHPian

I am having a concern too. Since i pete'd my viva, there is a lot of smoke coming out when i am driving a bit fast. I typically have the habit of revving up high all the time.

It is getting embarrasing to see the cloud of smoke in my ORVM when i take off from a signal.

What do i do to minimize it?

Last edited by mobike008 : 24th September 2008 at 15:42.
Old 24th September 2008, 17:09   #285
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I am having a concern too. Since i pete'd my viva, there is a lot of smoke coming out when i am driving a bit fast. I typically have the habit of revving up high all the time.

It is getting embarrasing to see the cloud of smoke in my ORVM when i take off from a signal.

What do i do to minimize it?
a) Check if your air filter is clean
b) Try changing the fuel station and / or brand of fuel

Most Viewed