Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2007, 14:11   #16
BHPian

designation hi
i had a good look at PU, g-sport and genuine leather.. and man what a difference.. but since budget is a constraint.. im sticking onto a high quality PU.
One other thing is that the blue i want comes only in stanley leather and the next option is PU which I was lucky to get..
as for doing up the entire esteem door panel.. it is not possible they say..because of the curves on the panels
so im sticking to door trims, seats, gear boot..
Old 19th August 2007, 00:17   #17
BHPian

fabric or leather covers ?

dear all,
we are going to be proud owners of a civic on 20 aug 07 and this thread (edit: post) comes on behalf of my wife ! whether leather (or read artificial leatheror are there real leather covers in market) or fabric seat covers good ? in terms of maintainence / smell / feel (have heard leather smells in monsoons),please give us your expert advice. !

Moderator's Note: Do not open threads unnecessarily on the same topic over and over, again and again. Use the search feature and utilize an existing thread for posting your queries. Threads merged.

Last edited by Zappo : 19th August 2007 at 00:44. Reason: Threads merged
Old 19th August 2007, 05:37   #18
BHPian

dear MODS, i am really sorry if this thread got repeated ,actually i could not find material/advice on this topic ,hence posted it as thread.thanks for editing and merging with existing thread,
Old 19th August 2007, 12:35   #19
Senior - BHPian

Oh Yes, you do can get original leather seats. There are various ranges to it. I got mine done recently from Ovion in Bangalore. Cost 36K. Stanley is more expensive but it generally considered the best in business.

You can also check out

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...at-covers.html
Old 29th August 2007, 20:09   #20
BHPian

dear BHPians,
Is there any harm in continuing to use original seat covers provided by company till about a year and put on new ones as and when they get spoiled ?
Old 29th August 2007, 20:21   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by merains View Post
dear BHPians,
Is there any harm in continuing to use original seat covers provided by company till about a year and put on new ones as and when they get spoiled ?
What kinda harm are we talking about here ? Dont worry no radiation is emitted from the OE seat covers .

On a serious note, hope you have removed the plastic covers off it. Its just the matter of choice, you can retain the OE seat covers or change it to something that you like.
Old 23rd June 2018, 13:06   #23
BHPian

Re: Seat Covers , Leather vs Leatherite vs Suede

An 11 year bump.

Could people advise who are residing in GGN/NCR, who have installed faux leather (fake leather) or original leather seat covers. How is the comfort during peak summers with leather covers. Does the A/C need to be run constantly.

Again, this would vary as per vehicle. Want a general feel and consensus if leather is really worth it, with our superb frying hot summers. Thanks a lot.
Old 14th July 2019, 17:51   #24
BHPian

Bump again, I am considering PU leather seat covers, one constrain is obviously budget but on the other hand thinking if leather seat covers will lose the superficial tan over time and look worse if abused a lot with dirt, water, sands, etc. However reading the debate of this thread I am also considering if I should keep the fabric default seat covers that come with the Innova. I will of course take a quote for full leather covers once in Kolkata. Any suggestion welcome.
Old 14th July 2019, 18:05   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haisaikat View Post
I am also considering if I should keep the fabric default seat covers that come with the Innova.
In general, I would suggest this option. Wait till they're worn out and then change to whatever you like.
McLaren Rulez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2019, 20:51   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
In general, I would suggest this option. Wait till they're worn out and then change to whatever you like.
Thanks I will keep that in mind. The only negative aspect being the default ones come in black and I was looking for lighter / beige type tones to make the cabin feel more airy. But looking at the additional cost I might just persuade myself with black. Will check on this.

Most Viewed