Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2007, 12:59   #1

Getz Prime 1.3 Dikki Liver (EDIT: That's Hatch Door release lever)

Hey guys, can u please advice if it is possible to attach Dikki liver or something through remote so can be opened without keys. Getz Prime 1.3 does not have dikki liver to to open dikki from inside

Also, is there any approved CNG kit for Getz Prime 1.3 (guaranty not voided)

Thanks in advance
Old 10th August 2007, 14:32   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajshalu View Post
Hey guys, can u please advice if it is possible to attach Dikki liver or something through remote so can be opened without keys. Getz Prime 1.3 does not have dikki liver to to open dikki from inside

Also, is there any approved CNG kit for Getz Prime 1.3 (guaranty not voided)

Thanks in advance
First, you need to tell us whose liver you are planning to plant on your getz.

Doesn't the getz come with this ? If not, ask your mechanic if the accent's or the santro's might fit in the getz.
Old 10th August 2007, 15:05   #3
BHPian

Just curious, but what's a dikki liver? I was imagining an Indianised version of paté de foie gras...
Old 10th August 2007, 15:18   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edsel Rulez! View Post
Just curious, but what's a dikki liver? I was imagining an Indianised version of paté de foie gras...

No, its nothing so exotic. Its Indianized version of english though. Its basically the hatch-release lever he is talking about.

Last edited by Zappo : 10th August 2007 at 15:21.
Old 10th August 2007, 15:21   #5
BHPian

I think he is talking about remote boot release lever. the liver which is usually adjacent to the fuel tank lid release lever . I am surprised why the gets Prime doesnt have this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edsel Rulez! View Post
Old 10th August 2007, 15:29   #6
Team-BHP Support

the getz has a handle on the boot itself to open it. and it opens automatically after you give it the initial pull.
Old 10th August 2007, 15:36   #7
Senior - BHPian

Pleas don't implant any Livers into your car.
I thought getz already had a remote hatch release lever.
About the CNG kit, I don't think there is any cng kit which wouldn't void the warranty.

O.T: I heard from a sales person of Maruti saying that Wagon R duo doesn't have warranty for the engine. Is this true?
I mean what the heck, you have installed the kit from the factory, what's the point not giving any warranty to the engine.
Old 10th August 2007, 17:23   #8

:-)))))))

Sorry for some poor Hinglish :-)). Yes u guys r right I'm talking about hatch door release lever. I'm planning to buy Getz Prime 1.3 & last week I was at Hyundai showroom for Getz Prime 1.3 test drive & I could not locate the Hatch door release lever & when I asked the agent he said its not aval. in Getz Prime 1.3, strange, is't it :-((

Hey akshay1234 vbmenu_register("postmenu_528401", true); can you please tell me the exact location of this handle. I'll check next time I go to the Hyundai showroom
Old 10th August 2007, 18:00   #9
aZa
Senior - BHPian

I think this "CAN" be done. AutoCOP has a boot release module and so a few other central locking brands. I have a button on a my remote for boot release i haven't connected it though.
Old 10th August 2007, 18:27   #10
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajshalu View Post
:-)))))))

Sorry for some poor Hinglish :-)). Yes u guys r right I'm talking about hatch door release lever. I'm planning to buy Getz Prime 1.3 & last week I was at Hyundai showroom for Getz Prime 1.3 test drive & I could not locate the Hatch door release lever & when I asked the agent he said its not aval. in Getz Prime 1.3, strange, is't it :-((

Hey akshay1234 vbmenu_register("postmenu_528401", true); can you please tell me the exact location of this handle. I'll check next time I go to the Hyundai showroom
just above the number plate. reach into the place where the number plate illumination lights are and in the centre there is a handle.
Old 10th August 2007, 18:57   #11
Team-BHP Support

akshay, he is asking about the control being available to him seating at the driver's seat. that is the remote release mechanism.

obviously there will be something on the hatch door to open it. every hatch door is meant to open after all.
Old 10th August 2007, 19:04   #12
Senior - BHPian

Getz doesnt have a remote boot door opener? Thats strange and totally unacceptable for a car of that segment.
Only other car that i remember the other side of 4 lacks not having it is the Logan.

Last edited by DCEite : 10th August 2007 at 19:08.
Old 10th August 2007, 19:19   #13

New Ford Ikon Flair too does not have hatch door lever, funny :-)))

Not sure why these car companies do it as its very basic/simple thing
Old 10th August 2007, 20:58   #14
Senior - BHPian

thats true. forget about the getz prime, even the older getz does not have a hatch release lever next to the drivers seat. i know this as my friend has a getz gls since 3 years and whenever we need to keep put bags in the hatch and we ask him to open it he says that it can only be opened from the hatch,

my friend, i suggest you do not ignore the getz prime for this small reason but personally if i were you i wouldnt buy this car, simply cos its way past its prime
i suggest u look at the aveo uva, or even the new palio if you want boot space!
Old 10th August 2007, 21:02   #15
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
akshay, he is asking about the control being available to him seating at the driver's seat. that is the remote release mechanism.

obviously there will be something on the hatch door to open it. every hatch door is meant to open after all.
i had mentioned earlier that it has a handle on the boot itself to open it. then he asked me where it was.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks