Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2007, 01:55   #31
BHPian

@ ported head - so for the same spark timing and the intake being more due to the added CAM.... I am adding that extra fuel...see what I mean. But support your comment on how the ignition of the SOHC is supposed to give me that enhanced performance...well to be honest I am not running optimum now till I am able to control the ignition. Nevertheless that extra fuel is making a lot of difference than running on Indian Lancer Maps. An ideal situation would be to retard the ignition a wee bit to compensate for the increased fuel...and that is when my life would be sorted.
Old 12th August 2007, 09:25   #32
BHPian

Stock Lancer has distributor in little towards the exhuast side & in DOHC its on exhaust cam, did you tried ajusting timing (advance/Retard) via distributor? ~or~ i think you should get an set of adjustable Cam gear & try again.
Old 12th August 2007, 09:34   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by get_hiyyer_714 View Post
@ ported head - so for the same spark timing and the intake being more due to the added CAM.... I am adding that extra fuel...see what I mean. But support your comment on how the ignition of the SOHC is supposed to give me that enhanced performance...well to be honest I am not running optimum now till I am able to control the ignition. Nevertheless that extra fuel is making a lot of difference than running on Indian Lancer Maps. An ideal situation would be to retard the ignition a wee bit to compensate for the increased fuel...and that is when my life would be sorted.
How are you measuring the A/F ratio? do you have wideband installed ? & have you disabled closed loop operation before adding fuel in RD ecu?
Old 12th August 2007, 10:20   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

More pics come soon.
Hey buddy can you please post bigger pics, cant make out much from these thubnails. the paint job looks good though.
Old 12th August 2007, 11:05   #35
Senior - BHPian

hey is the original ECU connected to the wire harness, with some kind of adapter to take the signals to and from the RD ecu????? or is the original ecu completely disconnected...also is the switch just going to the new ecu... ....please let us know regarding the switch connections.
Old 12th August 2007, 11:32   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Rocam View Post
Stock Lancer has distributor in little towards the exhuast side & in DOHC its on exhaust cam, did you tried ajusting timing (advance/Retard) via distributor? ~or~ i think you should get an set of adjustable Cam gear & try again.
This is something I was trying this weekend. Also have to play with bit on the tappet settings to understand before I get the CAM gears. Could you give me some suggestions..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Rocam View Post
Stock Lancer has distributor in little towards the exhuast side & in DOHC its on exhaust cam.
This is something I specifically I have to consider when I start the proper work on it. Thinking of getting an LM1 or an LC1 for this. Cos right now I am running only a Narrow Band.

Wish if we had a dyno somewhere.....
Old 12th August 2007, 11:41   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinar View Post
hey is the original ECU connected to the wire harness, with some kind of adapter to take the signals to and from the RD ecu????? or is the original ecu completely disconnected...also is the switch just going to the new ecu... ....please let us know regarding the switch connections.
The wires of the original ECU is spliced to connect the RD ECU...however I also know that you could try fitting an Greddy M-9 Connector adaptor, which fits our Lancer ECU socket and then create a connection with the RD ECU. Havent tried this but am sure it will work. This is a good solution for people who hesitate splicing. Check out greddys website and look at the connection specifics of the Harness Aadpators. The M-5 Connector is our types.
Old 12th August 2007, 13:30   #38
BHPian

Last edited by Zappo : 12th August 2007 at 14:43. Reason: Do not split a possible single thread into multiple ones.
Old 12th August 2007, 16:35   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wish if we had a dyno somewhere.....
KSMotorsports in Ballart Estate has got a Chassis Dyno, so you can go for a run there.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...i-finally.html

Last edited by Rehaan : 12th August 2007 at 22:31. Reason: link added
Old 12th August 2007, 18:28   #40
Senior - BHPian

Ummmm..IMHO you should have gone for the whole matt black paint job ,this white/golden/matt black combo looks kinda OTT and what are those things in your spoiler ?
The alloys look good though.
Old 12th August 2007, 18:53   #41
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Are those shift lights on the rear spoiler?
Old 12th August 2007, 20:38   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Are those shift lights on the rear spoiler?
lol.. but the lights do spoil the spoiler.
Old 12th August 2007, 23:41   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post
Ummmm..IMHO you should have gone for the whole matt black paint job ,this white/golden/matt black combo looks kinda OTT and what are those things in your spoiler ?
The alloys look good though.
Was total Matt black initially but I used to get cooked inside so thats the reason some beige on the top.

The pic was taken when the lights were on the spoiler.....some like it some don't
Old 12th August 2007, 23:50   #44
Senior - BHPian

Shift lights on the spoiler...aahaha..now there's something innovative...a new method to inform your opponent of your shift points. Interesting concept.

Hm.. Trying to squeeze the living bejeeses out of that poor 1.5 litre block. A very different approach from the usual transplants. Not discouraging or anything, but, I'm a little apprehensive regarding the end result, though. I doubt the mods would produce enough juice. Good project to learn on, but if power is the end requirement, then.....

Regarding the ECM; If I understand correctly, RD's unit is running as an FMS; whereas the OE ECM is the ignition controller, correct? But then, RD's unit is not a standalone...

Also, regarding the fiat...assuming you meant ".4" O.S. pistons, wouldn't it be better to go in for a conty transplant? After all, more power is what you require, right...
Old 13th August 2007, 00:03   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
but if power is the end requirement, then.....
then.............. Mivec is the way to go, nothing beats that beast of a engine when it comes ot easy availability of parts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks