Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2010, 11:52   #241
BHPian

Victor,

I guess your car is Verna, and looking by picture i see that scratches are not that deep and i cannot make out if there dent on the door. I would suggest take it to Sai Colorium and Mr.Ananth is aware of Team-BHP.

If it has not dents and only scratches i would say anywhere between 1500 to 2000 Rs. If it's spot Painted.

If you choose to go with Hyundai *** it may cost you heavily anywhere between 4K +.

Just visit Sai Colorium once and see for your self about the paint jobs they make.

PS: Recently my Friends Altis was got done there as an rickshaw rear ended.

Cheers !
Otomobil
Old 8th May 2010, 15:08   #242
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by victor0012 View Post
Hi. Had un unfortunate accident yesterday. Got my car scratched quite bad as you can see from the photo. Need advise on the following

(1) Should I give it to Hyundai Service Centre or 3rd Party like Sai Colorium, Bangalore? Honestly am looking at a good job / colour matching etc and dont mind giving it to HYundai if the cost difference isnt substantial.
(2) What should this approximately cost, as I plan to claim insurance.

Thanks,

Victor

If you claim insurance, it's not worth. You will lose NCB for a low repair.

This is not something major, so even a local guy can do it quite well incase Sai is far from your place.
Old 11th May 2010, 22:23   #243
BHPian

Hello People,
My Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 has a deep, long line of dent. My car is a Formula Red Color with Teflon Coating. Where could i expect the best color Matching? Anybody here has got their Fiat Palio Formula Red color painted? Please let me know.

Last edited by bond_bhai : 11th May 2010 at 22:24.
Old 3rd June 2010, 20:51   #244
BHPian

Hi all, would like to share my experience with sai colorium .
After going thru lots of tread and positive recommendation by jaggu, mag and others
I took my black swift to sai colorium for dent repair, due to some idiots who had vandalized my car at night when I had parked outside my residence I had to take her to repair, first thing I thought was my regular MASS ie RNS yeshwantpur but this time after going thru tread I took her sai colorium, should say I’m happiest guy, I took a right decision after teambhp treads, here let me unwind things
Day 1- 29/5/10
Took my car to sai colorium enquired for Mr anant but he was not there at that point of time , Mr ramachandra attend my car and gives a quote of 7500/- for 15x18cm dent removal( dent was on the boot LHS). Sorry guys I had not clicked photos as I was deeply hurt seeing my car in that state.. dent removal and painting of boot lid, replacement of LHS tail lamp, rear bumper repair and paint which had some dents and scratches.
He suggest to claim insurance and said it takes 3days for the job. And ask me to leave the car on Monday.
Day 2- 31/5/10
Took my car to sai at 11am, anant and ramachandra was missing so this time mr khan attends and after looking at my car he ask is this Mahesh’s car, I said no, but mag has recommended sai so I’m here, after looking at the dent mr khan quotes 7000/- to 7500/- ,
This is the first time I have come across a service centre where, 2 people of same service centre quoting similar price, at rns for my earlier repair 2 SA gave different estimate.
Now mr ramchandra comes and takes over and explains me about formalities and asks me to collect the on Thursday 12pm.
Day 3- 3/6/10
Ie today at 2.30 I went to sai to collect my car, car had gone for wash as their boys were on leave, after 10mins car arrives and boys gets into polishing and waxing the car, Mr anant personally monitors the work, thanks teambhp, Personal attention was given by all supervisors there after seeing team bhp sticker, all had glowing face and was very eager to serve, loved the xtra care.
And the big surprise was the final bill amount which was 6600/- it would have easily crossed 9000/- at MASS. And last time when I have got the paint done on my car bonnect RNS had left bubbles on complaining they just rubbed it with paper and now I have 2 ugly looking peel
Things I liked
Estimation,
Professional work
Good attitude
Eagerness to serve
Prompt service
Things I didn’t liked
Leading road is narrow
Not easy to locate
But these are negligible after all the good job they have done
Old 6th June 2010, 00:28   #245
Senior - BHPian

@Dreamy, enjoy your drive back in top condition. Good to hear Sai Col. is continuing to offer good service, and yes, they do pay extra attention to team-bhp :-)
MASS would definitely have charged higher - partly due to the 12% VAT there, which a non-A.S.S. workshop does not pay.
Old 17th June 2010, 21:01   #246
BHPian

Dear All,

I had sent my Indica to Sai Colourium after getting a nice marketing talk from Mr Ananth.

My plan was to see how well they can do the Indica and if they did a good job, I was to send my Mercedes Benz cars W 123, W 124 and a ponton for painting.

We have given the car about 3 weeks back and even today only the paint has been scraped and its a horror to see the interior of the car !!!

Its completly filled with paint dust, foot marks on the seats and the dashboard may need another treatment.

This Mr.Anant also gave me a deadline of 10 days for doing the job, but as on today it looks like a long wait.

Also before you plan to give your car please check out the work in other cars and open the doors to see how badly they treat the interiors.

What you see on their web site is nowhere close to what they are doing. Any tow bit paint shop would handle your precious car with much more care.

If they do keep up their word to give back the car next week, which seems highly impossible, I should thank God for having saved me from leaving behind my Mercs at their mercy.
Old 17th June 2010, 22:36   #247
BHPian

Harshad - This is quite contrary to the reviews other Tbhpians have posted ! Can you please post some pics of the interiors ?

Also before & after painting pics of your Indica would be nice.
Old 17th June 2010, 23:03   #248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msetlur View Post
Pervez, did you find Chameleon any good? I stay pretty close to them and intend to take my Santro to them (lots of minor scratches and one major dent on the bonnet). do let me know.
Oooops! Sorry for the late reply bro, but, I found them a little expensive but their work is competative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by harshad9493 View Post
We have given the car about 3 weeks back and even today only the paint has been scraped and its a horror to see the interior of the car !!!
Same here dude. I got my lancer after a month. But the paint quality is good and I was not exactly dying for the car so I shut my mouth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
Harshad - This is quite contrary to the reviews other Tbhpians have posted ! Can you please post some pics of the interiors ?

Also before & after painting pics of your Indica would be nice.
Actually a thread on SC exists in the Bangalore section started by @theMag. I have written the same comments there too. Next time I would like to try Chameleon cars or Kunal from SS. He promised me a EVO 10 blue color for a special price.

Last edited by prince_pervez : 17th June 2010 at 23:05.
Old 18th June 2010, 00:56   #249
Senior - BHPian

@harshad9493, surprised to hear about the huge delays. For me they had taken 2-3 days more than what they estimated. Didn't you ask why they hadn't been able to meet the promised date ?

As for dirtying interiors, I had put this in my review that their handling of parts, disassembly, reassembly etc can do with a good bit of improvement. For the interiors, the attitude of the workers is - we will do an interior cleaning in the end anyways, so why make any efforts to keep things cleaner to start with :-(
The problem is that almost all garages work like this in India. I had not so good experience with my Lancer A.S.S. recently. It would be good if Sai spend some attention to improving this aspect...
Old 26th June 2010, 19:34   #250
BHPian

I have used services of Sai Colorium on two occasions and to be frank ,I am very happy with them ,even though I have to travel from KR Puram to JP Nagar.But after seeing completed job ,I totally forgot the distance and will surely use their services if required. Regarding estimate, better to get from Mr.Ananth as his word is final. For me their all staff was very good and specially Mr. Ananth . As of now no complaints regarding quality of work and delivery schedule. They always delivered on promised day and time (30 min +/-). For matching color also they do almost with perfection and perfect finish too at the end. Charges are not very less but surely you can save good amount by getting it done at Sai Colorium instead of Service Centers with best finish. I feel even Service centers also get their job done from here (guess).

Thanks
Amit
Old 28th June 2010, 16:45   #251
BHPian

I Feel if you can to spare the car for around a month to get the job done, try Ali Garage. They did a fantastic job on my lancer. But took an entire month to do so.

They also quoted the lowest for a color change. The entire work came up to ~24k.

Check the post below:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...bangalore.html

Tassem.
Old 5th July 2010, 19:30   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassem View Post
I Feel if you can to spare the car for around a month to get the job done, try Ali Garage. They did a fantastic job on my lancer. But took an entire month to do so.

They also quoted the lowest for a color change. The entire work came up to ~24k.

Check the post below:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...bangalore.html

Tassem.
Hi Tasneem & All Others. Thank you for your kind comments. I also apologize for the delay in my post.

Kindly note that Sai Coluurim finally did hand over the India car, well finished and used more care in their cleaning.

Anant, was quite a help after we had a talk and he gave us a very good price at Rs 35K for a full repaint job.

However, I have found another excellent paint shop near IIM and it belongs to the Fast Car Group.

Santhanam of Fast Cars has done a super job by covering the entire front using plastic masking including the dirvers seat.

In addition, they also did a super job on the W 123 in straightening out the front bonnet geometry as the car had uneven lines along its bonnet and also maybe an old direct front hit had caused the front to look a bit skewed.

Pulley jacks were used and the car is in the right W 123 shape.

Still a long way to go. Tinkering, tapping and pulling out some rust spots still in progress.

I will post some pics of the car in a few days.

Thank you for all your kind advise and I surely take back my words on Sai Colouriim.

I have had the same experience as other Tbhp Friends - Excellent paint job, badly cleaned interiors.

Harshad9493
Old 6th July 2010, 18:52   #253
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Note from Mod : Please continue all paint shop (and other) recommendations in The Team-BHP Directory. This thread is closed.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks