Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2008, 06:19   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
To change your car's color is a bigger and more expensive job than get a recoat in same color. You also have to get it entered in your RC as per law.
You must be joking, what difference does it make to get it entered in the RC ??....i dont mind spending a few extra bucks on it. Any idea how much it might come up to, if i procure the paint myself and what about the sparkles?? Any idea where i can get it from?
Old 4th July 2008, 09:22   #92
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiftron View Post
You must be joking, what difference does it make to get it entered in the RC ??....i dont mind spending a few extra bucks on it. Any idea how much it might come up to, if i procure the paint myself and what about the sparkles?? Any idea where i can get it from?
1: When you sell, it or if you crash the car and the cops need the details, if they see the difference in the RC book, expect hell.

2: A colour change means complete scrape down of the paint. You lose the electrostatic primer etc. hence your car will rust earlier hence lower resale.

Last edited by ajmat : 4th July 2008 at 10:36.
Old 4th July 2008, 10:06   #93
Senior - BHPian

No jokes here, thats the law and as ajmat explained, expect a alot of problem while resale and if you get into any trouble/ accident.

Quote:
Old 5th July 2008, 14:24   #94
BHPian

Popular Automech @ yeshwantpur is also very good in denting and painting. They use dent master for denting and they have a very good paint booth. Plus most of their painters are from kerala (one of the best tinkers & painters come from kerala)
Their charges are also very reasonable. I got the bumpers painted for my car from there, the paint matching was superb.
Old 5th July 2008, 21:11   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
1: When you sell, it or if you crash the car and the cops need the details, if they see the difference in the RC book, expect hell.

2: A colour change means complete scrape down of the paint. You lose the electrostatic primer etc. hence your car will rust earlier hence lower resale.
Thanks ajmat for informing about the legal implications of changing the color.

Can the electrostatic primer be put on again?. How come they do it on Overhaulin?? What is the price range that one should expect for a clean job?
Old 6th July 2008, 11:57   #96
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks ajmat for informing about the legal implications of changing the color.

Can the electrostatic primer be put on again?. How come they do it on Overhaulin?? What is the price range that one should expect for a clean job?
Overhauling is in sunny California where the weather is dry and cars do not rust, they also mainly do pre 70's classic cars.

The primer is done by dipping the bodyshell in a vat using electrolysis
Old 14th July 2008, 12:04   #97
Senior - BHPian

Guyz, unfortunately I had to leave the vehicle exposed to sun most of the time in my office and its four year age has resulted in faded dull roof on my F.Red 1.2 NV Sport. And a very minute burn on the hood too (had some chemical drop when I parked the Car in company basement to keep out of sun .

I have decided to repaint the roof and hood along with some minute touch-ups here and there in bumpers and doors. Suggestions welcome.
Old 29th July 2008, 10:39   #98
BHPian

Guys,
My WagonR met with an accident last Firday. The driver side back passenger door is little dented. Can you guys please tell me that if i can remove only the dent and not paint the door? Can i do that? Will the paint not peel off if i do that? Please advise.

Thanks,
Ramki.

Last edited by ramki067 : 29th July 2008 at 10:41.
Old 29th July 2008, 11:42   #99
Senior - BHPian

Ramki, For better suggestions, it would be good if you can post some photos of the damage. 'Little dent' is not the same for everyone. :-)
Old 29th July 2008, 17:10   #100
BHPian

Hey Ramki, Are you getting the car delivered today ?
Old 29th July 2008, 17:25   #101
BHPian

Hey Nithin,
I did not give it to repair! coz i washed the car and found no major scratches but sure their is a dent. Thereby i was asking whether i could do a dent removal without peeling the color . Will leave it to do it some time later!
Old 5th August 2008, 10:02   #102
BHPian

Whats the contact no forpopular Automech

NithiNarayanan

Please let me know the phone no of Popular Automech.
I stay in Basweshwernagar and looking for a paint job(just to fix the dents and scratches before selling) near to our place.

TIA
Old 5th August 2008, 13:17   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoNotHorn View Post
NithiNarayanan

Please let me know the phone no of Popular Automech.
I stay in Basweshwernagar and looking for a paint job(just to fix the dents and scratches before selling) near to our place.

TIA
You can contact Prince Paul on 9845048887 or Rajesh at 9740013212.

Ramki.
Old 9th August 2008, 14:45   #104
BHPian

Hey guys,

I have a one inch by 1/2 inch paint spot that came off the rear bumper of my Real Earth Verna (4 weeks old) :-(

Only the paint has come off. No dents! Thank God for small mercies!

Can someone recommend a decent place in Delhi/South Delhi for a touch-up? Should I give it to HMP on Mathura Road instead?

Any idea about the costs and the finish I can manage? Any body had a similar experience?
Old 11th September 2008, 11:08   #105

Car Body Works in Blore

Hi folks,
My Baleno has been damaged in an accident. I think front bumper needs to be totally replaced and there 2 dents on the bonnet that needs touch up & repainting. Please suggest a reliable car body works chap in Bangalore. I am put up in the Indra Nagar area and new to Blore per se.

Regards,
Krishna

Note from Team-BHP Support : Thread MERGED. Please use the search feature before creating a new thread on a topic that might already exist. Please continue your discussion in an existing thread. This will keep all the relevant information in one place and make it easier for readers in the future.

Last edited by Jaggu : 11th September 2008 at 11:26. Reason: Search please
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks