Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2008, 11:12   #106
Team-BHP Support

Check out this thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...l-parking.html

Suraksha is good for jobs like these according to many members here.
Old 11th September 2008, 12:36   #107
Senior - BHPian

Unless you want to paint the whole/half bumper. Buy real earth com-paint online (combo pack).

Clean the area with the com-merger. Spray paint onto a cap or disposable cup, use a water colour paintbrush to touch up the area, finish with com-merge and then wax after 2 weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcode View Post
Hey guys,

I have a one inch by 1/2 inch paint spot that came off the rear bumper of my Real Earth Verna (4 weeks old) :-(

Only the paint has come off. No dents! Thank God for small mercies!

Can someone recommend a decent place in Delhi/South Delhi for a touch-up? Should I give it to HMP on Mathura Road instead?

Any idea about the costs and the finish I can manage? Any body had a similar experience?
Old 13th September 2008, 08:30   #108

Hey ,

Sai Colorium is a good place to get your car painted , got my car painted there a month back and am very pleased with the work they have done with the car .
Attached Thumbnails
Where to get a good paintjob in bangalore?-sp_a0083.jpg  

Old 13th September 2008, 12:53   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteem ROX View Post
Hey ,

Sai Colorium is a good place to get your car painted , got my car painted there a month back and am very pleased with the work they have done with the car .
Yes, Sai Colorium is a VFM place that does a pretty good job. I have made detailed posts earlier in this thread on my car tinkering and repainting and my experience - hope it helps if someone is looking at Sai.

Suraksha Car Care centre is also very good with denting and painting.
Old 13th September 2008, 13:06   #110
BHPian

Any idea about a good paint shop in Delhi/NCR, Gurgaon?
Old 13th September 2008, 17:54   #111
Senior - BHPian

@Krishna:Surakshaa @ bommanhalli (Hosur Road) has a very good workers for denting/painting,the guys are very polite and are attention to detail.I've got my Alto and Swift painted there.

Guys...can anyone give me contact no of sai colorium.I've jotted the address.

Last edited by Ramsagar : 13th September 2008 at 17:55.
Old 13th September 2008, 18:36   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Guys...can anyone give me contact no of sai colorium.I've jotted the address.
Please see post in this thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...tml#post833658
If you use the search thread, you will find all info on Sai Colorium including directions etc.
Old 30th December 2008, 10:10   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Guyz, unfortunately I had to leave the vehicle exposed to sun most of the time in my office and its four year age has resulted in faded dull roof on my F.Red 1.2 NV Sport. And a very minute burn on the hood too (had some chemical drop when I parked the Car in company basement to keep out of sun .

I have decided to repaint the roof and hood along with some minute touch-ups here and there in bumpers and doors. Suggestions welcome.
Guys,

I lived till today with the damage and finally decided to get the work done. I enquired in Concorde (FIAT service), Sai Colorium and in Native. Below are the quotes for painting roof and bonnet.

Concorde - 7K+tax - 2-3 Working days
Sai - 5K - 2 Working days
Garage in native - 6K - 5 days

I decided to go with Sai since he promised me to get the work done in the best way along with minor touchups on the bumpers.
Old 30th December 2008, 11:37   #114
Distinguished - BHPian

i have got work done from TAFE (skoda a.s.s.) and New Shine (some friend recommended) new BEL circle. Not satisfied in both the cases. Got good colour match and dent removals but bad polish jobs nicely concealed under generous amounts of wax.

my advise: Ask them to deliver your vehicle without waxing or polishing - just with the clear coat. Any junk looks good after waxing.
Old 30th December 2008, 12:17   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
i have got work done from TAFE (skoda a.s.s.) and New Shine (some friend recommended) new BEL circle. Not satisfied in both the cases. Got good colour match and dent removals but bad polish jobs nicely concealed under generous amounts of wax.

my advise: Ask them to deliver your vehicle without waxing or polishing - just with the clear coat. Any junk looks good after waxing.
Good advice. Sai team has recommended a rub and polish @ 1.8K extra. I shall take the delivery after painting first and proceed once i feel satisfied. cheers:
Old 3rd January 2009, 16:20   #116
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Today i dropped the car in Sai for painting job, they agreed to finish the job today and return it tomorrow(Sunday) noon. I am happy since my office hours are saved being the work is done on weekend and eagerly waiting for tomorrow.

Sai is bit difficult to locate for a non banaglorean like me. I was asked to reach by 10AM and had a tough time to find the place on time. They have a well equipped workshop, lots of cars getting done simultaneously. I could see some very new cars also getting painted there (Dont know whether dealers outsource the work).
Old 5th January 2009, 10:12   #117
Senior - BHPian

My long pending worry is addressed

Good News.

I got the car from Sai Colorium after painting job. Its just amazing work, i couldnt make out any difference with the existing paint.
In my last post, i did mention "I could see some very new cars also getting painted there (Dont know whether dealers outsource the work)." It was regarding a maroon civic, but yesterday the mechanic told its a 2006 model which came all the way from Andhra for the painting job .

Oh! I forgot to mention, Ananth who owns Sai gave very prompt support to me when he came to know I belong to TBHP! And the bill was 0.5K less than quote. Together we win, special thanks to TBHP!

At the end of the day I am very satisfied to have a long pending fear addressed beyond my expectation.
Old 5th January 2009, 10:27   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Good News.

I got the car from Sai Colorium after painting job. Its just amazing work, i couldnt make out any difference with the existing paint.
In my last post, i did mention "I could see some very new cars also getting painted there (Dont know whether dealers outsource the work)." It was regarding a maroon civic, but yesterday the mechanic told its a 2006 model which came all the way from Andhra for the painting job .

Oh! I forgot to mention, Ananth who owns Sai gave very prompt support to me when he came to know I belong to TBHP! And the bill was 0.5K less than quote. Together we win, special thanks to TBHP!

At the end of the day I am very satisfied to have a long pending fear addressed beyond my expectation.
Good to hear that you had your car painted to your satisfaction. . Now post in some pics jacs!!!!
Old 9th January 2009, 15:17   #119
BHPian

Costing for Zen

Have any of you done a full body paint for Zen? What was the cost for it?
Old 9th January 2009, 15:47   #120
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindamray View Post
Have any of you done a full body paint for Zen? What was the cost for it?
Rs.16000/- full painting. using Dupont paint.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks