Old 13th August 2007, 18:42   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post
exhaust system=7.5K + VAT
NGK plugs= 2150
MSD cables=4750
pipercross filter- 3630

what say guys?? and i wanna know the FFE price for alto from automech and K&N universal and eXtreme filters, any ideas about the latest price??
Dump these 2,
NGK plugs= 2150
MSD cables=4750.

From what I have read on the forum changing them doesn't really affect the performance.

For K&N filters check here : Methods Car Parts and Car Accessories Online Shop and Distributors in Bangalore India, K&N Performance Filters, Sparco Motorsport Accessories . Give them a buzz or even better check for the dealer/distributor in your area.

Automech here you go. AutoMECH Engineers
Old 15th August 2007, 00:26   #17
Senior - BHPian

automech order enquiry not working,and guys, im confused, give me your suggestions on whether to go for K&N eXtreme or universal ?? and the price of triphase ..
Old 15th August 2007, 00:37   #18
BHPian

hey badboy,

like akshay and riju said..... dump the plugs and cables and get porting and polishing done for that price. wayy more worth it.
a friend of mine got his ractive SF100 filter from PJ's for his santro and he has some real nice things to say about it. its a lot cheaper and does what its supposed to. maybe you'd want to consider that.

Ractive SF-100 + FFE + Porting and Polishing should cost you around 20k for all of that. surely seems like a worthy deal for all that extra oomph!

also if you still have some cash lying around you should probably look at RDkarthik's ECU rather than the tri-phase. the ECU probably costs more but u guess its worth the money.

Last edited by flipsyde : 15th August 2007 at 00:41.
Old 15th August 2007, 00:43   #19
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Srini, either most of the things (0-4) you have paid for will make hardly any difference on your car or just that you could have gotten much more than what you have right now for the same kind of money you have spent. Maybe even a 90+ bhp engine transplant for the price of the mods 0-4.

May I know what you have done to increase CR? Shaved the head? Or have you used High Comp pistons etc?

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 15th August 2007 at 00:45.
Old 15th August 2007, 09:04   #20
Senior - BHPian

guys, the ride is just a few months old(2007 make remember??) its under warranty period and so porting and polishing ruled off.and im not going for the plugs and cables either(just got a quote, thats all)

@flipsyde: please tell me more(availability,pricing,source) about RDkarthik's ECU that you've been talking about.
Old 15th August 2007, 09:19   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
guys, the ride is just a few months old(2007 make remember??) its under warranty period and so porting and polishing ruled off.and im not going for the plugs and cables either(just got a quote, thats all)

@flipsyde: please tell me more(availability,pricing,source) about RDkarthik's ECU that you've been talking about.
if your woried about the warranty then the only thing you can do is get a stock replacement filter. everything else will void the warranty.
Old 15th August 2007, 11:13   #22
Senior - BHPian

@akshay: the K&N,FFE, triphase,ECU..all these can be replaced by OE(triphase not included) ones, if i have to claim warranty. BUT, the porting , polishing and some other engine block mods cannot be re-done(atleast i believe) to OE configuration..thats why they are ruled off.. one of my friends in chennai did the same on his swift when he had to claim warranty for a crashed door.

Old 15th August 2007, 11:42   #23
BANNED

Quote:
@akshay: the K&N,FFE, triphase,ECU..all these can be replaced by OE(triphase not included) ones, if i have to claim warranty. BUT, the porting , polishing and some other engine block mods cannot be re-done(atleast i believe) to OE configuration..thats why they are ruled off.. one of my friends in chennai did the same on his swift when he had to claim warranty for a crashed door.

Hi,

Sorry to burst your bubble. The bolts on the exhaust manifold are painted like the ones on the cylinder head. A expert can easily make out if the same have been opened/replaced. ALso where do you propose on storing the OE exhaust system. It takes on an avg 4-6 hours to replace the same depending on the car.

As regards the port/polish one cannot make out if done unless the cylinder head is opened out. You are right about it not being reversible though.

Viper
Old 15th August 2007, 12:41   #24
Senior - BHPian

thanks for the light, jiggy..storing the OE exhaust is no pain..and can you please PM me the price quote for the FFE,triphase,K&N eXtreme & universal..and do you courier the goods to other cities(im in chennai)
Old 15th August 2007, 12:47   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

your friend wouldve had to claim insurance for the crashed door. not warranty.
Old 15th August 2007, 13:28   #26
BHPian

porting and polishing is something which is not seen when you open the hood of your car. so unless you have to open up your engine for whatever warranty claims that you wish to make i don't see any problems in getting the porting and poishing done.

same goes for increasing compression. not there they'l never find out but the chances of them finding out are pretty slim.

about RDKarthilk's ECU..... i've never driven a car with one of those ECU's but i have read and heard quite a bit about them. u can PM karthik for any info regarding prices. it doesn't come cheap but i think it packs quite a punch......

to be honest i dont know if you'l get much out 800cc engine. if u want real performance buy an used esteem and give it all u got. but end of the day if ur just looking for a peppy daily driver stop with the conical filter and the FFE. trust me you can kiss your warranty good-bye once you hook up those mods. going back and forth from stock and mods doesnt seem sensible.

then again this is just my opinion..... you'l know better about what you want.
Old 15th August 2007, 13:33   #27
Senior - BHPian

@akshay: my friend's swift was only a month old then, and NO he didnt have to go for insurance, there is a form available in the maruti dealership, you just fill it alone(details and reason), they did the entire job of replacing and painting for free except for the rubber components.

@flipsyde: thanks for the info buddy.

Last edited by badboyscad : 15th August 2007 at 13:34.
Old 15th August 2007, 14:33   #28
BANNED

Quote:
@akshay: my friend's swift was only a month old then, and NO he didnt have to go for insurance, there is a form available in the maruti dealership, you just fill it alone(details and reason), they did the entire job of replacing and painting for free except for the rubber components.
Hi,

That would still be insurance and not warranty. Check your PM.

Viper
Old 15th August 2007, 14:42   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

@flipsyde: thanks for the info buddy.
a crashed door would mean an accident. maruti did not cause the crashed door. why would maruti pay for that? it would have to be insurance.
Old 15th August 2007, 15:51   #30
Senior - BHPian

akshay , im only saying the thing that happened really. to believe it or not is up to you buddy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks