Team-BHP - Rebuilding my Esteem
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Rebuilding my Esteem (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/27483-rebuilding-my-esteem-5.html)

How much did te new bumpers and bonnet cost you?? I am also plannin to modify my estem 97 into 98..I guess it will be cheaper compared to the new esteem...

Hi guz, Need some advice about my Esteem Project.

I have '96 Maruti Esteem which i'm thinking of modding it for performance.
Performance in the sense of Street car rather than drag racing.
To be simply and realistic, My objectives is to have 1.6L performance out of my Esteem's 1.3L Engine. superb overtaking and top speed of 200km instead of 140km.

Any Technical advice?
My other non-tech ideas are tyre upsize 13->14, body kit which costs around Rs15k.

Hey guys ...Just to correct somethings that ive got wrong....the model of my car is a 95 carburetor esteem and not a 97 as mentioned earlier. Anyways ive painted my car black..will try and upload the pictures tomorrow

still waiting for the pictures 007. :)

Bump

Still waiting for pics

Quote:

Originally Posted by dezmo007 (Post 563434)
Hey guys ...Just to correct somethings that ive got wrong....the model of my car is a 95 carburetor esteem and not a 97 as mentioned earlier.

:eek: ... or better still ...:Shockked:

how did you mistake a 1995 model car for a 1997 one (you would have got the original RC book when you bought the car, right)?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dezmo007 (Post 563434)
Anyways ive painted my car black..will try and upload the pictures tomorrow

We are eagerly waiting for the pictures :-D ( tomorrow never comes ??? !!! )

er guys .. just FYI .. '95 and '96 model esteems did indeed have a key for the fuel filler flap. The remote release was added later .. on the type 1 itself .. but later. There's a '96 esteem parked in my building which i have seen from day 1 when it was brand new, and it's got a key operated filler flap, and my friend has a '95 esteem, which also has a key operated filler flap .. both original fittings. Maruti did later change the fuel filler lid on the type 1 to remote release, but that was late '96.
so .. give the poor chap a break ..

Quote:

Originally Posted by revvhed (Post 715519)
er guys .. just FYI .. '95 and '96 model esteems did indeed have a key for the fuel filler flap. The remote release was added later .. on the type 1 itself .. but later. There's a '96 esteem parked in my building which i have seen from day 1 when it was brand new, and it's got a key operated filler flap, and my friend has a '95 esteem, which also has a key operated filler flap .. both original fittings. Maruti did later change the fuel filler lid on the type 1 to remote release, but that was late '96.
so .. give the poor chap a break ..

I suppose that just clears the air regarding the lid.:D

Dezmo we all are waiting for your esteem to come out good.

Is it easily possible to convert from type 2 grille to a type 3 one without changing the bonnet?

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverado (Post 734146)
Is it easily possible to convert from type 2 grille to a type 3 one without changing the bonnet?

I guess you are intending to change it to the new grille with the 'S' logo. The type 3 grille is larger in size than its type 2 counterpart and hence may not be a direct replacement.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rr_zen (Post 734267)
I guess you are intending to change it to the new grille with the 'S' logo. The type 3 grille is larger in size than its type 2 counterpart and hence may not be a direct replacement.

The bonnet also needs to be changed for that

do you think we can add a power steering unit to the esteem which came without it?
is there any kit available?

My '96 (March build) Esteem didn't have a key for the filler lid. I guess they did away with it when they launched the LX / VX variants.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaKnight (Post 819850)
do you think we can add a power steering unit to the esteem which came without it?
is there any kit available?

I am sure you can very well do it, but would it really be worth it ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 820270)
My '96 (March build) Esteem didn't have a key for the filler lid. I guess they did away with it when they launched the LX / VX variants.

AFAIK, esteems came only with the remote release, yet to see one which came with the key.

Quote:

AFAIK, esteems came only with the remote release, yet to see one which came with the key.
The initial batches had the key lid after which, Maruti realised its not fitting for a premium sedan (it was premium back then!).