Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2007, 12:46   #1
BHPian

Good Sticker Shop

Folks,
Planning to put a Racing stripe on my White Xing. Any good sticker shop in Chennai?

Also, what should i consider before going for this? How easy it is to remove if I want to in the later stage? Will it affect the paint?
Old 13th August 2007, 14:02   #2
Senior - BHPian

so a white Xing will have black stripes? In Annanagar -there is a shop near yessyess - 14shops - called US Stickers. Might have good stickers. Like with most stickers and anything sticky - it will leave a mark if you are taking it off.
Old 13th August 2007, 15:02   #3
BHPian

Hi MadBullRam, you could try SRK stickers at the corner of General Patters Road & Mount Road - the sticker shop is on the ground floor of Wellington Plaza (methinks). I was recently there with a friend, & fellow team-bhp member (harmon-bro) & had a bunch of stickers cut out. Those guys were very slick, very professional, & the stickers were all computer cut ! They really seemed to know their stuff.
If you're also into logos & decals, they already have most logos you'd be interested in - if you have a custom logo, take a soft copy in an USB. Stickers are priced according to the number of letters & number of colors. While there, saw a Swift being fitted out with 'go-faster' stripes, was really cool. There tends to be a good crowd though, so go early !
Old 13th August 2007, 16:06   #4
BHPian

A place i know is in North Usman Road . It is on the opposite side of Metro Shoes. If you are going from Kodambakkam then it is 100 m before you turn for Panagal Park one way roundabout.

It is behind a big tree and might have to keep a close eye out for the store
Old 13th August 2007, 16:41   #5
BHPian

what about sticker shops in bangalore?
Old 14th August 2007, 00:01   #6
Senior - BHPian

In Bangalore as you enter JC road take the first little left and it bends to the right. There you will see 2-3 shops next to each other. Each one it pretty good. The first shop on the right did this image on my helmet..

Exact match.

Take the image you want in your pen drive and they will do it using the sticker cutter. Even the Chennai shops on Pudupet road should do a good job right?
Old 14th August 2007, 02:12   #7
Senior - BHPian

So, why dont you get the same on your baleno's hood ?
Old 14th August 2007, 08:31   #8
BHPian

There is a shop in G.P. Road, called Nachiappa, they also do good work. They also make number plates in various designs and materials. But most of the time, this shop is crowded.
Old 14th August 2007, 09:17   #9
BHPian

FOlks...thanks for the update got the stickering done at SRK...they did a neat job but the owner was sw**** of a rip-off. He quoted 1100 Rs including fixing and when the job was said he quoted only for stickers and 100rs extra for fixing.

Second wanted to fit blue lights under the dash and that bugger fixed a 3M sticker to fix and coolly said that small sticker used for sticking is 150rs (that 3M strip)

Though the job is good, I dont like fellows who lack integrity. Going to my time tested pudupet henceforth to get the stickers done.

Stay away from SRK in Wellington plaza.

Will post the pics soon
Old 14th August 2007, 11:18   #10
Senior - BHPian

3M stickers are expensive. You should have finalised prices before you let them start the work. This is the basic mistake we do, i have been guilty too, in the past.
Old 14th August 2007, 11:31   #11
Senior - BHPian

man - thats kinda sad. The US stickers did everything that i asked them for - including cleaning and creating a new sticker - all at the agreed price. no extra charges.
Old 14th August 2007, 12:49   #12
BHPian

Updated Pictures

esteem: We did agree the price but he later changed it...second he never even told me he is going to charge 150 rs for a 3M double-side sticker for fixing the light. I thoughts its included in his fixing charge of 250rs for a light...

But nevertheless a good lesson learnt. Get a working quote b4 you start the work and ask them include everything.

Some Pics

Last edited by madbullram : 14th August 2007 at 13:02. Reason: title added
Old 14th August 2007, 13:17   #13
Senior - BHPian

Dude, get ur bumpers painted to the body colour.
Old 14th August 2007, 13:25   #14
BHPian

NO...i like it this way ...I am actually going to get black sticker on the sides till the skirting
Old 14th August 2007, 14:04   #15
BHPian

Hi all.
Where in Chennai can I get machine cut stickers? MAchine cut or not, I need the logo and Typo to be exactly the same way as I want.

Please point to a specific shop that is Name and contact number if available.

Thanks all.

Most Viewed