Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2009, 02:39   #16
Team-BHP Support

Which shop did you get it from? Is it brand new?
did you try it? 400 seems a very very low price!
Old 2nd April 2010, 10:09   #17
BHPian

I got this recently for Rs.500

Hydraulic Jacks-hydrolic_jack.jpg
Hydraulic Jacks-hydrolic_jack_in_action.jpg
Hydraulic Jacks-box.jpg

The box had a tiny print somewhere written year 2003 and a chinese word (both i guess printing press info of the cover). Nowhere written where it was made.

I got this at Shivajinagar Gujri. He had many of these, look like unused but older ones as boxes are kind of soiled.
Old 13th April 2010, 18:06   #18
Senior - BHPian

Hey Shyam how is the hydraulic jack you purchased working. Is it working fine ? Any issues with quality. Could you post a short review on the same ? I saw a 2 tonne one and he quoted 650 for the same. Thanks man.

EDIT: Added snaps.
Attached Thumbnails
Hydraulic Jacks-image2649.jpg  

Hydraulic Jacks-image2650.jpg  

Last edited by Dippy : 14th April 2010 at 08:43. Reason: Correcting grammatical error
Old 13th April 2010, 18:35   #19
BHPian

That is the same thing I bought (3 or 2 ton, all look the same in the pic?). I tried it and it worked fine with my car. Quite easy. Did not get any chance to use it for a real puncture yet (Sure you too hope i wnot get get to use it often )
I found one issue though. It won't fit under my Santro's body where a jack should be used (the marking). It is tad a tall. If a tyre is puctured, sure it will reduce ground clearance further and could be tricky to use this jack (like parking in a place where GC at that point is good enough to sneak the jack down. I will try to post a snap of this problem soon.
Here are the links to picture form a post by iraghava on the subject. Jack is taller than the GC where it should be placed under.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...744-large-.jpg

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...748-large-.jpg
Old 13th April 2010, 19:51   #20
Senior - BHPian

I was tempted to search for this when I next visit Bangalore, but decided not to buy because of a friend's advice. He says that it's made of cast iron which has a tendency to form small unnoticable cracks (due to dropping on the floor, etc). It seems there are cases where the excess pressure on the jack cylinder (due to jacking up) has sometimes caused the jack to rupture and cause the car to unexpectedly come down crashing on the ground.

Last edited by jinojohnt : 13th April 2010 at 19:53.
Old 13th April 2010, 21:32   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamhegde View Post
That is the same thing I bought (3 or 2 ton, all look the same in the pic?). I tried it and it worked fine with my car. Quite easy. Did not get any chance to use it for a real puncture yet (Sure you too hope i wnot get get to use it often )
Hey thanks a million for all that info and the PM. It sure helped in some kind of decision making. Thanks again bro!
Old 13th April 2010, 21:43   #22
Team-BHP Support

I got such a jack from Kashmere gate market last year. Don't remember the cost though
Old 15th April 2010, 09:13   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorkats View Post
got a similar hydraulic jack for Rs.2500 in a plastic carry case.
'cric precision' was what the sticker upfront said with some other fancy italian blah-blah.
good build quality and very easy to use.
takes upto 2 tonnes.fiery blood red in colour.
I got it for a friend, for 1150 bucks from Shivaji nagar Gujri. IMO this is the actual Hydraulic jack. I do not feel the bottle jacks are reliable ones. Thats IMO only.
Old 15th April 2010, 09:39   #24
BANNED

I had a very poor experience with Bottle Hydraulic jacks may years ago. The fellow had leaked when I needed it. Fortunately, I was in the Institute and could borrow a Scissors Jack from a colleague.
Old 15th April 2010, 21:14   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
I got it for a friend, for 1150 bucks from Shivaji nagar Gujri. IMO this is the actual Hydraulic jack. I do not feel the bottle jacks are reliable ones. Thats IMO only.
Can you post a pic? Plus, where exactly is the Shivaji nagar Gujri?
Old 19th April 2010, 03:14   #26
BHPian

I too have a questtion regarding usage. I bought one hydraulic jack from US. It's of 2 Ton and it's taller for my car. Where can I place it? I'll post the pics tomorrow.
Old 19th April 2010, 09:02   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I had a very poor experience with Bottle Hydraulic jacks may years ago. The fellow had leaked when I needed it. Fortunately, I was in the Institute and could borrow a Scissors Jack from a colleague.
I totally agree. I had one like this and it wouldn't go under the car even at the lowest point when the car had a flat. The car had to be lifted by a centimeter for this to happen! Also the round locator on top of the jack is very small and will not do much to your confidence. Another problem is that the my previous car had a hole on the locators meant for the jack. And if the bottle jack was not placed correctly, it would go right through!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Plus, where exactly is the Shivaji nagar Gujri?
The Gujri is near Russel Market. Ask someone for directions. Don't drive there - take a bus! It is walkable distance from the Shivajinagar Bus Stand.

Last edited by triedeverything : 19th April 2010 at 09:03.
Old 19th April 2010, 10:03   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Can you post a pic?
Sure Sir.
Here you go. The pics lack light as it was dark and raining. I know I would have got him till 1000 for this piece but I did not haggle more since I was getting late and it was raining quite a bit.
It comes box packed in a plastic case.
Quote:
Plus, where exactly is the Shivaji nagar Gujri?
Once you reach Shivajinagar bus stand, there is a short straight road (not the one near Sultan Shah Masjid) but continue the approach towards the bus stand. The road end spilts into a left and a right turn. Take neither. Stand in the centre and ask someone 'Gujri ?' Someone will point to a lane and follow the lane till you find spares of automobiles everywhere hung like clothes. There you are. Distance from Shivajinagar bus stand. 100 metres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by triedeverything View Post
Don't drive there - take a bus!
Please don't take the car. You cannot take the car into Gujri. Please do not enter gujri in 3 piece suits or Armani. Please dress up like mechanics if you want killer deals to show off at this forum.
Attached Thumbnails
Hydraulic Jacks-image2667.jpg  

Hydraulic Jacks-image2668.jpg  

Hydraulic Jacks-image2669.jpg  

Last edited by prince_pervez : 19th April 2010 at 10:07.
Old 20th April 2010, 01:18   #29
BHPian

All those who want car jacks can also get them on ebay.in, they have a large variety of sizes and applications. There are hydraulic bottle jacks from 8 inches height to about 16 inches size costing Rs 650 with free shipping.

There are more heavy load jacks available with lifetime warranty for around Rs 2000, shipping included.

Bottle jack quality has improved during last year. I have also browsed tower lifts for raising the car on shoulder level costing Rs 3000.

Info provided for sharing and as a buying option who can not locate a dealer in their cities.
Old 20th April 2010, 09:23   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
This one is called Crocodile Jack.
Very convenient to use.
Most of the tyre shops use similar ones (bigger versions).
I feel 1150/- is really a killer price, that too with the carry case.
Regarding Bottle Jack, you need to put your hand under the vehicle to place and align it whereas the Corcodile Jack can be placed ergonomically from outside very easily.
The bottle jack base is also small. So using it in uneven surface will be a risky affair.
I have a bottle jack purchased last year from ebay or rediff (dont remember) for around 600/-. Now I am feeling that I could have bought a Crocodile Jack with carry case.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks