Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2011, 08:42   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hydraulic Jacks

Can someone please recommend me a place and price for a Hydraulic Jack in Delhi / Gurgaon?
I would prefer a Boxed Crocodile type with at least a 2 Ton capacity. 3 Ton is better, since I would need to lift my Gurkha.
I recently had to switch a tyre on my Gurkha with the conventional Screw Type Jack, and it took me close to 15 minutes, just to lift the vehicle and it was painful doing it. :-)
Old 4th October 2011, 10:16   #47
BANNED

there are plenty in ajmeri gate. A friend bought one for about 750 for his indica.
Old 8th October 2011, 12:56   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinhead
there are plenty in ajmeri gate. A friend bought one for about 750 for his indica.
Thanks Sinhead. 750 bucks is juicy. Now, I need to plan a trip there...
Old 5th December 2014, 10:44   #49
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Anyone knows where in Bangalore one can get sturdy tool boxes ?
I'm looking for one to hold a mini hydraulic trolley jack, the one that came with the product is flimsy and the plastic press-type lock is broken.
Old 28th May 2015, 22:10   #50
BHPian

I had a question pertaining to jack stands so thought this would be the most appropriate place to post.

I recently purchased the 3 ton "Big Bull Jack Stands". The problem is that the scissor jack on my honda accord doesn't lift the car enough for me to even slide the jack stands in. The jack stands at their minimum height are too tall to fit under the car even when the scissor jack is fully raised.

Here's a link to the jack stands I purchased: http://www.snapdeal.com/product/big-...dorCode=S2bf8c

I did purchase a seemingly taller jack but that turned out to be just a few cms taller than my scissor jacks. I'm pretty lost because I can't seem to find any taller jacks. They're almost a foot tall at their minimum.
Which jack should I get and where do you recommend I get it from? The local hardware store near my place (Prakash auto) in Santacruz W, Mumbai doesn't store hydraulic jacks.
Any advice would be much appreciated. I'm really struggling to get the jack stands under there.
Old 28th May 2015, 23:44   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumdum View Post
I recently purchased the 3 ton "Big Bull Jack Stands". The problem is that the scissor jack on my honda accord doesn't lift the car enough for me to even slide the jack stands in. The jack stands at their minimum height are too tall to fit under the car even when the scissor jack is fully raised.
Scissor jack (screw type) or hydraulic bottle jack have the height limitations mentioned by you. You will get the type of jack posted by rjstyle69 on page 1 of this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post

I have seen such jacks used commonly by the mechanics along with the jack stands that you have purchased.
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2015, 14:31   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post
Scissor jack (screw type) or hydraulic bottle jack have the height limitations mentioned by you. You will get the type of jack posted by rjstyle69 on page 1 of this thread.

I have seen such jacks used commonly by the mechanics along with the jack stands that you have purchased.
https://paytm.com/shop/p/morelife-mb...FUQljgodlqQACg

Do you mean something like the link above?

However, it mentions a maximum height of 330 mm. I doubt that'll be enough for the minimum limit.
Old 30th May 2015, 00:40   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumdum View Post
Do you mean something like the link above?

However, it mentions a maximum height of 330 mm. I doubt that'll be enough for the minimum limit.
Yes, like that one. The model shown in your link is small. There are models with enough lift height.

You can check the exact model and make at a good tyre alignment shop. They regularly use this kind of jack with the jack stand. They can also tell you where you will get this jack nearby.
Old 14th September 2016, 18:38   #54

Hydraulic Jacks

Resurrecting a fairly old post. I am looking for a crocodile jack for my Creta online. Basically I want one that can be raised fairly high and has a good load capacity. Does anybody have any experience, suggestions, advice, links, etc.? Thanks in advance.
Old 8th January 2019, 11:46   #55
Senior - BHPian

Which jack is better scissor or hydraulic?

I am using OEM scissor jack from last many years. However, my MS Brezza's scissor jack is not inspiring confidence. Brezza's scissor jack feels poorly made. Moreover, it's a tough job to gain meaningful height. Brezza's scissor jack is designed for a certain hight, which is sufficient to get the tyre a couple of inch off the ground. I have to use some flat stone to gain meaningful height.

I am thinking to invest in a portable hydraulic jack which can be used(and carried) in all my cars ( Brezza, WRV and Swit Dzire) and also for friend's SUVs( like XUV500, Fortuner).

Any input for a nice multi-purpose portable hydraulic jack? What are the important specifications?
SJM1214 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2019, 20:38   #56
BHPian

Recently purchased this hydraulic jack in Delhi for 1100. It comes in a plastic box like posted by members before in this thread. Lifts my grand i10 in just a minute while with the previous jack it took upto 30 minutes as its design was poor. There was one more bigger and heavier duty one for SUVs that was for 2100.

Name:  Screenshot_2.png
Views: 1331
Size:  105.6 KB
Mr. Nobody is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 09:39   #57
KPR
BANNED

My stock car jack (scissor type) had got broken yesterday. Any recommendations of a good sturdy jack that I can purchase online?

I did the jack work to change driver side wheel in my Punto. The car was parked car in a mud/loose soil area. I learnt the hard lesson of not placing a flat object like stone/plank on the base of jack in such parked locations. The car just started to sag . So I had to lift more and more using the scissor jack until it gave away. Thanks to 'eeta'lian technology that I had kept stone and bricks underneath the car body at every scary 1" lift using the stock jack. Somehow managed to fit the spare wheel without any car damage. Lesson learnt in hard way

Last edited by KPR : 26th July 2021 at 09:41.
Old 21st August 2021, 16:21   #58
BHPian

Any recommendations for a hydraulic jack? Want to get one for my Kodiaq.
Old 21st August 2021, 17:41   #59
BHPian

Agreed that Scissors or Bottle Hydraulic Jack - both have height limits. Scissors Jack come with the Car while Hydraulic ones are bought off the Market. Combination use of both, is probably the answer to most of the problems.
The ease with which Hydraulic works is to be made use of, till its limit. Scissors Jack should be opened up to support the vehicle while Hydraulic may be removed and repositioned to raise through extra height required.
Caution must be exercised in excess lift that may destabilize the vehicle.
I do not trust Hydraulics and always ensure a Mechanical jack also in place.
Old 31st December 2021, 01:35   #60

Sweat-free tire change.

Sweat-free tire change.

I was going down a ghat road when I got my very first puncture. It took some hours for me to jack it up and replace it with the stepney. Jacking up using the scissor jack and removing the lug nuts with the stock socket proved to be a herculean task for me. That's when I decided to get some aids for the purpose; a hydraulic bottle jack and an impact wrench.

The jack would cost ₹900 and the impact wrench ₹3.3k.
Attached Thumbnails
Hydraulic Jacks-bbj.jpg  

leorcid is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks