Team-BHP - Why underbody Neons????
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Why underbody Neons???? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/27714-why-underbody-neons.html)

Ok, please bear with a old-fashioned guy like me.
I understand the need to mod one's car in terms of performance, looks, footwear, etc. I myself would go for performance and looks mods, to an extent. But the one mod that I just do not get are underbody neons! :confused: I'm not saying anything negative about it or on those who have them, but I do not understand the use or value of installing such accessories. I personally think it is bit of a distraction! I feel it is more of the "young crowd" appeal and the older people would probably not understand or appriciate such things. Still, I would really like to know from the people who have them, as to why have they gone for such fitment? Once again I am stressing the point that I have nothing against those who have them or plan to fit them. I'm just curious about the need for such accessories.stupid:

The only reason I can think of is the bling effect .Period !

edit : Rahul where are you, we need you here please :p .

The need- there are people (including you) who take notice of the car!

Money well spent? Some may feel so!

But those neons will also backfire.

Meaning if the rest of the car is not modded to match the neons it actually undermines the look of the car.

No, it serves another purpose too. When you are out on a death dark alley & you suffer a puncture or worse an oil leak, you will have enough light under the body to get down on your knees & do the needful. :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjstyles69 (Post 535709)
The only reason I can think of is the bling effect .Period !

Thats the answer in simple words. At one point of time I did have neons and strobes on my zen. Needless to say, it did seek a lot of attention (wanted & unwanted) and it kind of looked different from the other lot. Its just like getting a bodykit, or a bling set of wheels, or a custom paint job. They are just accessories for a car. Trend set off specially after the Fast N Furious series.

Quote:

edit : Rahul where are you, we need you here please :p .
Im right here. On my computer chair watching my monitor. Where are you? :confused:

agree: with mclaren.its basically for the attention and to differentiate your car from the others.i had neons and strobes as well but then i got too old for them.:)

it also helps you to take care of your car's undercarriage.

Well as far as the perspective of the people here, When there are neons people expect everything else as well. You are just not going get away with neons on a stock car because people will go like- look at the wannabe, nothing else is proper and he wants neons.

Maybe what Mclaren says is correct, that its just an accesory, but thats what I meant by backfire. We are still not in the league of the fast and the furious IMHO.

I do agree with E_L, It does provide some lighting in case of punctures in the dark, albiet not with those blue or red neons- not much light.

They look cool...simple! Not all accessories have a "use". Only performance mods do.

i think there are just to get more attention and show off your car.. works well if you have your car modded with body kit and other exterior accessories it would look boring on a stock car.

Thanks guys for the responses. From the responses I guess they are for a sort of "eye-candy" effect. Well, hope you get the right attention from the ladies! ;)

It helps to light up the potholes! It also helps you find that careless pussy you ran over after couple a beers from the party last night. :uncontrol

more explanations,...
(read: stupid answers to stupid questions - a la MAD)

- helps the emergency team to locate car that is lying upside-down after a failed drift attempt at hair-pin bends
- lighting the car top will make it look like a religious pallaquin, so light the bottom
- the cheapest option to have the "Fast and Furious" cult look (I saw one premier padmini with neons!!! :Shockked: near Chembur) anyone knows who is that?
- a rust-hole in the underbody will look glorious while seen from within the car ;)
- bolt-on option to increase horsepower!!! (mental horsepower i mean)

Quote:

- helps the emergency team to locate car that is lying upside-down after a failed drift attempt at hair-pin bends
Great answer! But it needs an automatic switch so that the car doesn't look silly when the right way up!

Same thing with computer cases... who needs them to glow? Furthermore, the less the unwanted bits inside the less the power consumption and unwanted electrical interference.