Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2007, 17:50   #16
Senior - BHPian

Whats the cost of the new seats?
Old 20th August 2007, 18:28   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Whats the cost of the new seats?
As mentioned before for accent its is 40K. So for swift it should be in the same range.
Old 21st August 2007, 17:29   #18
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhilashvk View Post
As mentioned before for accent its is 40K. So for swift it should be in the same range.
So it's not a VFM option. Better not to opt for it.
Old 21st August 2007, 23:54   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
I've confirmed upon Irfanmon's request. Yes! It's possible to replace a Swift VDI's seat with ZXI's. It's a straight fit. Told by the Indus chief workshop manager.

Any idea of the costs involved?
Old 22nd August 2007, 02:14   #20

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

the fusion tdci is a good option.it has the same engine,same interior and gets you the adjustable seats and is also cheaper.
Old 6th July 2009, 10:32   #21
BHPian

Driver side height adjustable seat for Ritz?

Folks,

I have Ritx VDi which doesn't have driver seat height adjustment. Off late, i am getting pain in left knee if i drive for 15-20 mins :( I never got this kind of pain in Fiesta though. Now, i have two questions,

1) Is it possible to adjust the height of the driver seat?
2) Is it possible to swap Ritz ZXi driver seat to Ritz VDi (Former has height adjustable seats)

Pain is tolerable but can't cope with it up for all the time. I am sure it is something to do with seat height. Please advise.

Thanks
Old 6th July 2009, 11:35   #22
gpa
Senior - BHPian

I reckon you should be able to swap seats from the ZXi to your VDi, but dont think you can do anything to the stock seats to adjust their height. Talk to your dealer and explain to him why you want the height adjustanble seat and he should be able to help out.
Old 6th July 2009, 11:48   #23
BHPian

It is possible to swap the seat from the Zxi to the Vdi but dealers usually refuse to comply with such requests (you need to be persuasive).

Calling up the Maruti helpline and/or emailing Maruti customer care folks might produce better results.
Old 6th July 2009, 15:00   #24
BANNED

Quote:
Why can't you add an extra removable cushion ?
Old 6th July 2009, 15:12   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Why can't you add an extra removable cushion ?
Also try the wooden beads which are supposed to solve the backache problem. Seen them on many cars. They don't look good, but then if they solve your problem, why not?
Old 6th July 2009, 23:02   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
Also try the wooden beads which are supposed to solve the backache problem. Seen them on many cars. They don't look good, but then if they solve your problem, why not?
Its not backache issue, it is rather a pain in calf muscle and knee of left leg.
Old 6th July 2009, 23:51   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funda2max View Post
Folks,

I have Ritx VDi which doesn't have driver seat height adjustment. Off late, i am getting pain in left knee if i drive for 15-20 mins :( I never got this kind of pain in Fiesta though. Now, i have two questions,

2) Is it possible to swap Ritz ZXi driver seat to Ritz VDi (Former has height adjustable seats)

Pain is tolerable but can't cope with it up for all the time. I am sure it is something to do with seat height. Please advise.

Thanks
Investigate if there is an orthopaedic solution to your pain... if not... then be forceful with the dealers. Write to MUL if you have to... tell them they can cite it as a 'Customer Relations' story. You'll probably have to pay them if they don't want to do it as a publicity gag.
Old 18th August 2009, 20:11   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funda2max View Post
Folks,

Thanks
I also have similar problem.

Can a height adjustable seat be procured from a totalled car such as Esteem Vxi and fitted into a Zen (old model)? Anybody got any idea about cost of such seats in chorbazar?

Last edited by archat68 : 18th August 2009 at 20:13.
Old 27th April 2010, 18:18   #29
BHPian

Seat height not adequate in Ritz Vxi

I recently purchased Ritz Vxi.I am facing some strange problem.The front visibility is very bad due to low seat height.Unfortunately,Vxi does not have driver seat adjustment.

While driving in city,it is very difficult to see the road due to this.Also,big dashboard is causing a problem.
I am not a novice driver and driving for last 18 years,never faced any problems in any of the cars,right from M-800,Indica,Audi A4/Mec C class,Innova.

Am I missing something or other Ritz owners are also having similar issue?
I have seen some user on mouthshut commenting on the same problem.I am 5.6' in height still...
I am forced to use a pillow for height adjustment on driver seat which looks absolutely bad on such a new car.While doing reversing(back and forth) I was unable to see one old man who was lying on the road was about to roll my car over it.I did not have single accident in last 18 years.I was horrified that day.

Can somebody help? or some aftermarket height adjustment is possible?

Last edited by Jaggu : 27th April 2010 at 18:25. Reason: Please use Search and continue in an existing thread, Thanks
Old 27th April 2010, 20:10   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddharthp View Post
While doing reversing(back and forth) I was unable to see one old man who was lying on the road was about to roll my car over it.I did not have single accident in last 18 years.
Not able to see a person on the road is a serious issue. What is your height?

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddharthp View Post
I am not a novice driver and driving for last 18 years,never faced any problems in any of the cars,right from M-800,Indica,Audi A4/Mec C class,Innova.
OT. but Audi A4/Mec C class to a Ritz is quite a downgrade

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks