Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2007, 19:42   #1
BHPian

OPEL logo badges stolen off my car - Please Help!

Hi guys

Ned new logo badges for my car.
Today someone stole the 'OPEL' logo badges, both of them, front n back.
I had parked my car in a so called safe and secure residential locality and when i got back , i was astonished to see that both the logos were stolen.They were neatly taken out.

Can someone please help me get a new pair so i can fix then in the two gaping holes in my car. If more options are available i would be interested in replacing them with "VAUXHALL" badges instead of opel. PLease help
Old 19th August 2007, 19:44   #2
Team-BHP Support

You can only try shivajinagar gujri for the logos. Inturn a GM service centre might have totalled opel cars and you could request for the logo.
Old 19th August 2007, 19:51   #3
BHPian

MY fren got Optra logo from GM srvice station 2 months back free of cost. Sundaram why they didnt charged him i am not sure. Try sundaram
Old 19th August 2007, 22:08   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
You can only try shivajinagar gujri for the logos. Inturn a GM service centre might have totalled opel cars and you could request for the logo.

thanks so much for the suggestion.tomorrow i will surely go into the lanes n by-lanes of shivajinagar gujari and try my luck. will i be able to buy any of these online?i have seen vauxhall ones available but i fear the sizes.
thanks
Old 19th August 2007, 22:12   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamy450 View Post
MY fren got Optra logo from GM srvice station 2 months back free of cost. Sundaram why they didnt charged him i am not sure. Try sundaram
seriously? awesome if they gave 'em to him for free.i should try my luck too my car is actually from garuda but this time i got it services at sundaram so i guess its the right time to ask them for this too. could you please find out more details from your friend as to what he actually did to get them ?
Old 19th August 2007, 22:38   #6
Senior - BHPian

The very fact that those monograms have been stolen indicates the non-availability of the same in the market. Must be a precious commodity. I doubt if shivaji nagar gujri will be able to give you that. The thief would have already been there.
Old 20th August 2007, 00:15   #7
Senior - BHPian

John your never know, he might get lucky and find the stolen logo's from his car right there .
Old 20th August 2007, 00:24   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
John your never know, he might get lucky and find the stolen logo's from his car right there .
i was thinking of the same! in fact my father was saying ' go to the gujri tomorrow morning n buy your own badges!" ha ha ha
Old 20th August 2007, 00:39   #9
Senior - BHPian

If it was a gujri fellow, he would have stolen something more expensive than just the monograms.
Old 20th August 2007, 13:54   #10
BHPian

stevie, why dont you try the name plate engravers?

I did discuss this with one engraver while I had to make a nameplate for my home as I badly wanted the VTEC logo done. someone keeps ripping only the V off the VTEC!!! the original was replaced by plain plastic ones twice

he said i can give a design on photoshop and he can get it done in chrome finish for a particular size... something similar to what a sticker shop does.

and,... this time i know what to use to stick the logo on the body... a super strong industrial glue. i will however have to try the glue on a hidden side of the body first.

but, did not find time to do this yet.

Last edited by gbpscars : 20th August 2007 at 14:06.
Old 20th August 2007, 14:17   #11
BHPian

Stevie, The rear one from my hatch was stolen some months back. Sundaram got it after few days. Yeah, there was a waiting preiod. And, yes they charged me for that...
Quote:
i am some how having this feeling that **opel** is now getting a step motherly treatment.
Old 20th August 2007, 14:37   #12
BHPian

Have you guys ever seen autorikshaws proudly displaying various car badges... Those are stolen off some cars.. Mine was stolen too.. it was a craze some years back although not so common these days.
Old 20th August 2007, 16:10   #13
BHPian

planned to go today to the gujri but decided to go with someone who knows the place well.will venture into those 'depths' tomorrow
Old 20th August 2007, 16:50   #14
Senior - BHPian

Go on a saturday morning. Lot of variety .
Old 20th August 2007, 17:46   #15
BANNED

Stevie! If You're going to Gujri, make sure you park your car somewhere far. By the time you get back happily after getting your logos, You'll find your windscreen missing.
Or better catch a rickshaw.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks