Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2013, 13:08   #136
BHPian

Re: Microfiber Towels in India (best for detailing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Are you referring to general wiping or drying towels? General ones are usually that much but drying towels are as large as 25x36 ( or even more)
General too come in larger, not seen any in India though
I generally use a tumbler to make the surface wet. Then using a MF cloth, I start cleaning it. If there is dust, I make the MF cloth wet and clean that part to avoid scratching the surface. Once this is done and everything looks clean, I use 2 cloths to dry out the entire car, except front & rear windshields and the roof.

For the windshields and Windows Glasses I have been using News Paper and for the roof I use a MF Glove.

So, I was basically looking at one large piece of MF Cloth that I can use to wipe the car dry once it has been wet-rub by the MF cloth.
Old 4th June 2013, 13:47   #137
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
you should try these:
Yes! I have just one of the Jopasu MF cloths, bought as part of a kit, and I am really pleased with it. The three pack looks good, and I just need to get a round to-it to buy one.

I remove excess water with a silicon blade, after which the Jopasu cloth is just about enough to dry. Two would be perfect!
Quote:
I have been looking for bath-sheet-sized MF towel...
And I can't think why I never thought of asking on Team-BHP!

Thanks for that link. Does the woman come with the towel? I might be able to square that with Wife if the bathroom comes as part of the deal too!

The Singapore ones were S$40, but, with a 20%-off deal, and a couple of S$10 gift vouchers I was given, it didn't feel nearly that bad.

Microfibre rules. I even have an mf floor mop --- but both Wife and maid looked at it with suspicion and refused to abandon the old stuff. Well, I can't complain: I don't have to clean the floors
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2013, 15:02   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post
Has any of the members on this forum come across Micro-Fiber clothes that are larger than 12X12 inches or 16X16 inches?
You can try to look for genuine drying towels, the waffle weave type. One example would be: Meguiar's Water Magnet. It is 22" x 30", which is just less than 6 sq.ft of drying material. Excellent stuff for drying after a wash. Costs 749/-. There are quite a few others as well, but mostly they cost higher. An example is Cobra Water Guzzler IIRC, but that would cost over 1k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
For your glass, please try to get microfibre that has a very short or no pile. Any will do, really, as long as it does not shed lint. You should find it better than paper. I never clean my specs with anything else.
How is X-Static?

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
If this is the problem then you must try the Aqua Magnet by Xstatic concepts. Though the cloth size is small, ie 40cmX40cm, the way it absorbs water is just superb...
Would you recommend this for regular drying use after every wash? How much time does it take to dry a completely wet car with this? If you sincerely recommend this one, then I might get one for myself. VFM?

What about their other microfiber towels? There is a large range available at various sizes. Have you used any of them? Any feedback? From the description they do look VFM specially owing to the size and high GSM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthang View Post
http://www.jopasu.com/index.php/prod...category_id=17

Proudly Made in India, 16x16, but much thicker than the regular MF towels available locally.
Are these really good for drying? I have the same set of 3, and they are actually quite good for buffing. But when used for drying, it takes loads of effort and leaves a lot to be desired.

Last edited by swarnava.m : 4th June 2013 at 15:03.
Old 4th June 2013, 15:30   #139
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.m View Post
Are these really good for drying? I have the same set of 3, and they are actually quite good for buffing. But when used for drying, it takes loads of effort and leaves a lot to be desired.
I wash my bikes and cars with good soft water, and hence drying completely is not so critical for me.

I use one cloth to apply the soap, and 2 other for drying. One for the shiny painted bits, and another for the nitty gritty. Both of them, when slightly damp, does a good job of absorbing excess water, and dries without streaking. The large thick feel also helps in soaking up water in hard to reach places.

So, yeah, I would say it does a good job for me.

Cheers
gthang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2013, 16:16   #140
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Would you recommend this for regular drying use after every wash? How much time does it take to dry a completely wet car with this? If you sincerely recommend this one, then I might get one for myself. VFM?

What about their other microfiber towels? There is a large range available at various sizes. Have you used any of them? Any feedback? From the description they do look VFM specially owing to the size and high GSM.
With the other MF towels that I have and currently have, I had the same experience as you did. To wipe a surface dry a lot of effort was needed and multiple rounds of wiping was to be done. With this aqua magnet, all it requires is one light pass over any wet surface. Even better you can just dab the cloth all over the panel. Once the cloth gets heavy(it does, compared to original weight) just gently squeeze water out and resume your drying process. No exageration. It is as simple as that. With just one pass you will be left with a dry surface. Given the low cost, it is a steal.

It is as good as using a tissue paper or any absorbent material. If drying is your need, I will swear by it. You will not regret the buy.

Regarding their other offerings, I just have the glass cloth and the twin pack MF towel. I use the twins for buffing. Previously I used them to dry the car but it simply aint possible to dry using this one and thats when they launched the aqua magnet. After I ordered them, the twins became buffing towels and they do a decent job in that. The glass cloth as obviously is used for cleaning the inner surface of windshield to get rid of fingerprints etc and they do a good job. Not exactly VFM maybe.
audioholic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th June 2013, 16:40   #141
BHPian

Quote:
With the other MF towels that I have and currently have, I had the same experience as you did. To wipe a surface dry a lot of effort was needed and multiple rounds of wiping was to be done. With this aqua magnet, all it requires is one light pass over any wet surface. Even better you can just dab the cloth all over the panel. Once the cloth gets heavy(it does, compared to original weight) just gently squeeze water out and resume your drying process. No exageration. It is as simple as that. With just one pass you will be left with a dry surface. Given the low cost, it is a steal.

It is as good as using a tissue paper or any absorbent material. If drying is your need, I will swear by it. You will not regret the buy.
Sounds assuring. I will order one. Thanks a lot.
Old 4th June 2013, 17:56   #142
BHPian

Quote:
With this aqua magnet, all it requires is one light pass over any wet surface. Even better you can just dab the cloth all over the panel. Once the cloth gets heavy(it does, compared to original weight) just gently squeeze water out and resume your drying process. No exageration. It is as simple as that. With just one pass you will be left with a dry surface. Given the low cost, it is a steal.
Are you referring to this?

http://www.ebay.in/itm/X-STATIC-MICR...item20d2b56f01

And, how is this for Glass (Windshields and Windows)?

http://www.ebay.in/itm/X-STATIC-MICR...ht_1592wt_1141

Thanks!
Old 4th June 2013, 18:15   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sounds assuring. I will order one. Thanks a lot.
One thing you need to be wary of the Aqua Magnet is its ability to stick to sharp edges in the car and pulling its fibres.
Eg: Windscreen wipers, windscreen washer knob, Car's logo/ model name edges etc. It was for this reason, I found it a bit irritating to use as compared to Sonax MF towels. After the fibres get pulled out, the cloth looks bad.

But if you are careful around these places, you can find it useful.
hrman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2015, 22:46   #144
BHPian

quick update - I bought a 220GSM "suede microfiber" from http://www.ebay.in/itm/251790181316?...84.m1497.l2649

And it feels almost as the same material as the cloth given with a macbook pro ... maybe a little thinner. I have hard tested it using water and rubbing alcohol and it holds up well. Though in all honesty, I have used it only for 2 days.

The edges of this cloth are stitched so that it doesnt fray - that is a really cool thing. I'm using it for my windshield and another for my laptop
Old 23rd January 2015, 23:46   #145
Distinguished - BHPian

That looks like a good adition to the microfibre armoury!

Quote:
I have hard tested it using water and rubbing alcohol and it holds up well.
What surfaces are you using it on?

I would suggest that for glass, or similar, you use it with no liquid. That's the magic of microfibre: the micro fibres get into every cranny, digging our the dirt, and sweep grease off the smooth surfaces. I have a handy spray with IPA/water mix, but I only use it when there is just too much solid crud on a surface. A clean, dry, microfibre, for instance, keeps my specs clean with no fluid for days!
Old 30th January 2015, 13:51   #146
BHPian

Quote:
You can try to look for genuine drying towels, the waffle weave type. One example would be: Meguiar's Water Magnet. It is 22" x 30", which is just less than 6 sq.ft of drying material. Excellent stuff for drying after a wash. Costs 749/-. There are quite a few others as well, but mostly they cost higher. An example is Cobra Water Guzzler IIRC, but that would cost over 1k.
Is this any good in soaking water? My cleaner uses this cheap cloth & my poor baby has already started showing swirl marks!! I'm thinking of using a sponge for wetting/cleaning the entire car & then this for soaking the water off. Comments please

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 27th September 2016 at 23:34. Reason: editing quote tag
Old 9th February 2015, 15:17   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo_ankit View Post
Is this any good in soaking water? My cleaner uses this cheap cloth & my poor baby has already started showing swirl marks!! I'm thinking of using a sponge for wetting/cleaning the entire car & then this for soaking the water off. Comments please
You can try X-Static aqua magnet. It is true to its name, soaks up a lot of water. I use it for drying the car after washing. One swipe with the towel over a panel is enough. I think now they sell a bigger size of 50x50 cm, which is larger than what I have. Costs 180/-.

You can definitely give it a shot.
Old 14th July 2015, 11:00   #148
Team-BHP Support

BHPians, how to clean your microfiber cloth? Like you do normally or in lukewarm water or cold? Normal detergents?

Wife & Mom, both won't let me wash MF's in the washing machine. Rare times when they have the same opinion on one aspect regarding me
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2016, 11:17   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
BHPians, how to clean your microfiber cloth? Like you do normally or in lukewarm water or cold? Normal detergents?

Wife & Mom, both won't let me wash MF's in the washing machine. Rare times when they have the same opinion on one aspect regarding me
I think I read somewhere that it's better to not wash microfiber in the washing machine as it'll attract lint from other clothes. Or you can wash the microfiber alone in the machine, and that actually doesn't make sense. Just good old hand washing is enough. That's what I do.
Old 5th July 2016, 15:11   #150
Distinguished - BHPian

We have bathroom towels, kitchen towels, kitchen cloths, car cloths... all microfibre. Easy to wait until there is a batch and do a machine wash.

reminder: never use fabric "conditioner" with microfibre.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks