Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2010, 07:57   #61
BHPian

I was searching on ebay and found a Pair Microfiber cloth for Rs250 but no brand mentioned.Is this any good?

eBay India: Microfiber Car Cleaning & Polishing Cloth 2 pcs (item 180462521694 end time 27-Feb-2010 22:34:34 IST)
Old 7th February 2010, 18:49   #62
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Few things
1. Are you going to soak the cloth in water and use it to wipe the car and THEN use a dry one to wipe? YES YOU CAN USE IT( have done it myself)- This works very well for daily use if car is not waxed recently.
2. Are you going to pour water over the car and then use cloths to clean- YOU CAN again use the microfiber cloth
BOTH cases- should ensure rinse the cloth in a bucket of water once you go over an area of the car as dirt gets stuck in the cloth..
Now if the car is really really dirty, gotta use car shampoo-water and then cloth. Even here, some people use a microfiber to apply car shampoo over the car which is better than normal cloth or even a sponge( best as i said is a wash mitt)
Most useful in the last case is a water absorbing cloth, which is little different from normal micro fiber cloths.

These days- i have waxed the car and all i do is dust using a static duster gently and then move my microfiber cloth gently over the car to capture dust, turning the cloth over to a clean section each time and dusting it...
This is ONLY till rains start in B'lore - then- need to pour water and clean with micro cloth and once in 3 days use shampoo or when lot of mud covers the car..
Hope this helps
Looks like microfibers are slowly making their presence more in the stores esp in Bangalore.
Now SPAR has 3 varieties, including the yellow one from 3M. MORE has 1 variety - a set of 4 from Rs 130.00
I saw one in SHELL at OLD MADRAS ROAD- its for Rs 175( a little high) and is from Kimberly Clark( the tissue makers) and is imported.
On ebay india too there are some seen.
Micro fibers should be CHEAPEST in india as compared to the rest of the world..why?
1. we use them probably 3-4 times more often that the rest of the world thanks to our daily attack of nature elements on our cars
2. The damn hard water in our cities- my microfibers are becoming much more rough to feel fast as the water in itself is so hard and we do not have any Microfiber special detergents here( unlike abroad)...
Old 7th February 2010, 20:56   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

The prices vary widely in UK. I get most of mine from the "99p" shops (yes: everything priced at just under one pound), but the "original" make, still sold in the more expensive department stores, costs several times as much.

e-cloths
Old 15th February 2010, 22:54   #64
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Guys, i have posted about my collection- with pics and experiences on using micro fibers here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning...ml#post1734464

Last edited by mkh : 15th February 2010 at 23:06.
Old 16th February 2010, 00:00   #65
BHPian

i got a blue coloured medium sized microfiber free with eagle-1 nano polish from Big Bazzar. its was for 50% discount. it is really great.
Old 18th February 2010, 10:44   #66
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, i have posted about my collection- with pics and experiences on using micro fibers here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning...ml#post1734464
Today i stopped by the SHELL petrol pump at OLD MADRAS ROAD.
I had seen the micro fibers sold there, but did not examine carefully.
I opened the pack and saw them- as mentioned they are imported by Kimberly Clark( leading name in tissues)
This cloth is very soft- if you fold and press it in your hand - it will crumple up easily...its in fact as soft than even the 3M cloth.
The world of Micro fibers is really complicated- never before i have come across a single product line with SO MUCH variation in make, quality etc.
Only a real expert can tell the difference and usage of each. I was tempted to buy it but looking at my existing stock, passed it. Surely its good for daily wiping of the car body due to its soft texture
As of now i got the following:( with the uses of each)
1. 3M Yellow: Excellent for detailing( when use a spray detailer), wiping dust
2. Viking: Detailing and cleaning interiors, good but not excellent
3. (Set of 3 from SPAR), Orange Cloth: Great for interiors and clearing dust, not as great for exteriors
4. Norton: THE BEST FOR GLASS CLEANING, good to use for rough uses.
5. 3M Blue: Multi Purpose- best for wiping and detailing. Premium quality and can be used for all purposes
6. Meguiars Supreme Shine: BEST FOR REMOVING WAX AND BUFFING AFTER WAX and detailing- not good for wiping dry or on glass or even removing dust
7. Blue one from Spar: Great for wiping(wet car), detailing.
8. Blue from MORE: Great to use as WET WIPE on the car EXTERIOR
9. Microtex : bought from Walmart US- Cheap make ones, great for wiping glass, good for detailing/wiping once car is waxed.

Overall- any cloth works best only when LITTLE Damp or when your car is waxed recently. Best way is to spray some detailer ( like meguiars) and use the cloth one side and then use the same damp side to wipe non dusty car.

I got some Norton Brand Extra with me - PM me if you would like one, its for Rs 220 a piece (got from USA)
Old 8th March 2010, 19:29   #67

I am a new member of BHP & hope to contibute albeit from my exprience with cars. I was looking for a good cleaning cloth and thanks to mkh & prince, y'day i picked up the 3m MF cleaning cloth for 99 rupees a piece from SPAR located at OASIS centre in Kormangala. I used it today to clean my cars(Logan & Innova). It was a 30minute job to clean both the cars as opposed to hour plus with ordinary clothes. I am also convinced that Jopasu MF will be a good standby for the 3M but couln't find any retailer in Bangalore. I called up Jopasu Mktg Mgr at Pune & he informed me that they looking for distis in Blore and to buy their products I can find them in their stall in the auto expo at Blore from 11th to 15th March, 2010. So guys in Blore visit the expo and look not only for car/bikes but also look out for car cleaning & other useful products.
BIAE link :: BIAE 2010 ::.

Being new to the link hope you will give me time to come up to your expecations.

Quote:
Did they say there is no difference? Why would they sell to the detailing centers (their own) at 350 what is in retail for Rs 90 in that case? Strange...i saw it myself, its really tough and the guy told me they use it daily and for about 3 months...which is a lot of use it goes through.
I would update more once i lay my hands and compare both of them in person
BTW i too gave micro cloth to my watch man- he messed it up- b vvvv careful in giving it to him. The micro cloth holds dust and unless you shake OFF the dust, it can end up scratching the car BIG TIME.
This is esp if its wet and not rinsed in water after each section is wiped or another section of cloth turned over
Try Youtube- you have some videos on how to use micro fiber cloth. Also try google- and search for how to wash car with microfiber- i found a few articles where read and understood
I am doing myself these days and when he does- have inspected so that he knows now how to. Best approach is to have enough water poured so that dust is cleared off if there is dust on the car. If dirty- gotta use car shampoo or again clear off using enough water.
When the cloth is wet enough , chance of scratching i less...
Old 8th March 2010, 21:29   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Today i stopped by the SHELL petrol pump at OLD MADRAS ROAD.
I had seen the micro fibers sold there, but did not examine carefully.
I opened the pack and saw them- as mentioned they are imported by Kimberly Clark( leading name in tissues)
This cloth is very soft- if you fold and press it in your hand - it will crumple up easily...its in fact as soft than even the 3M cloth.
The world of Micro fibers is really complicated- never before i have come across a single product line with SO MUCH variation in make, quality etc.
Only a real expert can tell the difference and usage of each. I was tempted to buy it but looking at my existing stock, passed it. Surely its good for daily wiping of the car body due to its soft texture
As of now i got the following:( with the uses of each)
1. 3M Yellow: Excellent for detailing( when use a spray detailer), wiping dust
2. Viking: Detailing and cleaning interiors, good but not excellent
3. (Set of 3 from SPAR), Orange Cloth: Great for interiors and clearing dust, not as great for exteriors
4. Norton: THE BEST FOR GLASS CLEANING, good to use for rough uses.
5. 3M Blue: Multi Purpose- best for wiping and detailing. Premium quality and can be used for all purposes
6. Meguiars Supreme Shine: BEST FOR REMOVING WAX AND BUFFING AFTER WAX and detailing- not good for wiping dry or on glass or even removing dust
7. Blue one from Spar: Great for wiping(wet car), detailing.
8. Blue from MORE: Great to use as WET WIPE on the car EXTERIOR
9. Microtex : bought from Walmart US- Cheap make ones, great for wiping glass, good for detailing/wiping once car is waxed.

Overall- any cloth works best only when LITTLE Damp or when your car is waxed recently. Best way is to spray some detailer ( like meguiars) and use the cloth one side and then use the same damp side to wipe non dusty car.

I got some Norton Brand Extra with me - PM me if you would like one, its for Rs 220 a piece (got from USA)
I have the meguiar's and microtex ones. Used the microtex throughout, only got the meguiar's a few days back (yet to use them).
Old 9th March 2010, 01:34   #69
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Got some FANTASTIC microfibers from the US. These are undoubtedly the BEST ones. THey are HUGE and the meguiars are nothing in front of them. These are sold by a store on amazon and not a particular brand. Just look at the pics- the thickness on 2 folds compared with meguiars is almost 3 times. The weight is 3 times too and the cost is NOT 3 times. They are about Rs 400 a piece while the Megs are about Rs 200 a piece
Enjoy the Pics
BTW: My friend obliged and got me some extra Meguiars Supreme Shine Microfiber X2020 (set of 3). PM me if you want , can spare a few
Attached Thumbnails
Microfiber Towels in India (best for detailing)-img_1036.jpg  

Microfiber Towels in India (best for detailing)-img_1040.jpg  

Last edited by mkh : 9th March 2010 at 01:35.
Old 9th March 2010, 10:37   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got some FANTASTIC microfibers from the US. These are undoubtedly the BEST ones. THey are HUGE and the meguiars are nothing in front of them. These are sold by a store on amazon and not a particular brand. Just look at the pics- the thickness on 2 folds compared with meguiars is almost 3 times. The weight is 3 times too and the cost is NOT 3 times. They are about Rs 400 a piece while the Megs are about Rs 200 a piece
Enjoy the Pics
BTW: My friend obliged and got me some extra Meguiars Supreme Shine Microfiber X2020 (set of 3). PM me if you want , can spare a few
Could you please post the amazon link here?
Old 9th March 2010, 15:48   #71
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Could you please post the amazon link here?
Amazon.com: 3pcs Super Deluxe Ultra Plush Microfiber Towels Multipurpose 16x24 Dark Blue/Black Trim: Automotive

i see that the price is less now :(- anyways the item is really worth it, vv nice
Old 9th March 2010, 16:55   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Amazon.com: 3pcs Super Deluxe Ultra Plush Microfiber Towels Multipurpose 16x24 Dark Blue/Black Trim: Automotive

i see that the price is less now :(- anyways the item is really worth it, vv nice
Thanks. Shall try to get one of these if someone files in from US soon.
Old 10th March 2010, 08:43   #73
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

tried these today- used for remove dust and they work very well indeed
I also tried them for detailing, using with Ultimate Quick Detailer, they are not good for that purpose
Clearly for every day detailing- spray and wipe , we should use something that is not THICK and best amongst them are 3M and Meguiars
For removing wax, or for buffing, we should use a THICK, like the ones in the pic.
Old 4th April 2010, 21:46   #74

Micro Fibre Towels

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
I think the MRP is 99 Rs for the 3M towel and one can get it for 90 Rs in Metro.
One morething , The towel comes free when you buy the 3m package for 400Rs (or 600 RS ??), which contains a shampoo, dashboard polish, trye shiner, Polish.
One co. called Evershine Australia Waterless Auto care LLP sells these towels 40 cms x40 cms. ,( a pack of three towels ) at about Rs. 500 . lats for hundreds of washes said to be imported from Australia .
Old 6th April 2010, 10:06   #75
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantik View Post
One co. called Evershine Australia Waterless Auto care LLP sells these towels 40 cms x40 cms. ,( a pack of three towels ) at about Rs. 500 . lats for hundreds of washes said to be imported from Australia .
where do you buy these from? any link or pics? more info please

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks