Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2010, 15:21   #91
BHPian

I got a better and more VFM brand for Microfiber in eBay. Search for Pet Towels and you get the following.

eBay India: Pet Towel - Super Absorbent Pet Towel - 50 X 60 Cm (item 130402564929 end time 24-Jun-2010 18:58:42 IST)

I got this and its the same quality as Jopasu at a BIGGER size and a lower cost.
Old 10th August 2010, 19:09   #92
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Got hold of 3M blue cloth, the one which is used in the detailing centers and even by the service centers of manufacturers, very durable and excellent multi-purpose cloth. Finally got something that can absorb water,clean glass, be used for buffing and quick detailing- all in one! PM me for the source, cannot post on a public board as they are not meant to be sold to outside public at all(if anyone is looking for a excellent micro)
Old 10th August 2010, 19:20   #93
Senior - BHPian

I bought the Turtle Wax Microfiber towels (set of 3) for some 560 odd rupees. Got this from Satya's shop in Cambridge layout. (Satya = Blueraven on this forum).

Used it plenty of times and works well. Highly absorbent and quality is top notch. Since there are 3 in a box, one is used for washing the ninja, the second one for drying the bike and the third for wax treatment. I havent given her a wax polish yet though. Just using the ArmorAll wash n Wax which i bought from satya. cost me 350 something rupees. Works like a charm.
Old 10th August 2010, 21:45   #94
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
I bought the Turtle Wax Microfiber towels (set of 3) for some 560 odd rupees. Got this from Satya's shop in Cambridge layout. (Satya = Blueraven on this forum).

Used it plenty of times and works well. Highly absorbent and quality is top notch. Since there are 3 in a box, one is used for washing the ninja, the second one for drying the bike and the third for wax treatment. I havent given her a wax polish yet though. Just using the ArmorAll wash n Wax which i bought from satya. cost me 350 something rupees. Works like a charm.
yeah i have seen those, they are decent too. The problem with most micro's are that they are good for certain usages, not for multi usage and durability is something i found lacking. I have used meguiars, 3M, viking and a few more bought from spar, more and the US. Found that 3M guys make the best, they can go through a lot of tough use and last. No wonder they are used extensively at all service centers where care is least.
Old 12th August 2010, 01:11   #95
Senior - BHPian

there are some chinese products that i saw at CARPLUS showroom in gurgaon but they were bit expensive at 450 RS
Old 5th November 2010, 15:45   #96
BHPian

Updating an old thread.

I've used Microfibers on Mirrors and glass and despite different approaches the MF cloth always leave lint. I almost gave up. Only Newspaper seemed to work for the polishing.

But I got this ultrafine MF cloth from Dealextreme and it worked beautiful. Plush MF cloths are horrible on glass. The ultrafine cloths are the same stuff given with spectacles.
Old 5th November 2010, 16:39   #97
VMC
BHPian

NORTON microfibre cloths are available at Ganesh Auto Spares, Jayanagar near Ganesha temple. Costed me 200rs.
Old 5th November 2010, 19:24   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

X-Static complete range of microfiber products available at shell pump on mysore road(towards mysore pump).Also available are a wide range of car detailing products.
Old 5th November 2010, 20:03   #99
Senior - BHPian

Wow! Nice! I hope Xstatic range comes here too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
Updating an old thread.

I've used Microfibers on Mirrors and glass and despite different approaches the MF cloth always leave lint. I almost gave up. Only Newspaper seemed to work for the polishing.

But I got this ultrafine MF cloth from Dealextreme and it worked beautiful. Plush MF cloths are horrible on glass. The ultrafine cloths are the same stuff given with spectacles.
Actually, microfiber glass towels have a tight nap and no plush side and do clean the glass better without streaking!

Initially, I too used to use the normal microfiber towel for glass but it used to leave loads of streaks behind.

After I started using dedicated glass towels(tight weave ones) I didn't have any streaking or linting problems.
Old 5th November 2010, 20:16   #100
mkh
Senior - BHPian

After going through a dozen brands have found the best for all purpose tobe the blue 3M micros. Sadly they are not sold in retail but thankfully i can get them through a source, they are great even for glass.
Old 5th November 2010, 21:14   #101
Senior - BHPian

@sohail - are you talkign about the 2 sided MF cloths like the one sold by turtle wax?

@MKH - have you tried the cobra MF? how are they?
Old 5th November 2010, 22:05   #102
Senior - BHPian

I've used 'Armor All Glass cloth' and it really works without streaking!!
(it has like tight weave on both sides and isn't plush!)

Regarding cobra and other mf(what to buy) check this out - Cobra Supreme 530 Microfiber Why only one side usable - Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum
Old 6th November 2010, 13:17   #103
BHPian

The Cobra and Armor brands are not available in India. And Autogeek wont just ship my cloth. They have a minimum order amount.

For now I'm using the DX cloth and newspaper. Got to wait for someone to come from USA.

I got the X-static Glass cloth - but thats normal MF too. Not the short nap type.
Old 7th November 2010, 14:17   #104
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
@sohail - are you talkign about the 2 sided MF cloths like the one sold by turtle wax?

@MKH - have you tried the cobra MF? how are they?
nirmal has used cobra as well as 3M and reported 3M to be a tad better. I have not used cobra but used almost all other brands and even some ultra plush sold through ebay- which are THE BEST for buffing. have posted pics on this thread itself
Old 8th November 2010, 02:13   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
nirmal has used cobra as well as 3M and reported 3M to be a tad better. I have not used cobra but used almost all other brands and even some ultra plush sold through ebay- which are THE BEST for buffing. have posted pics on this thread itself
I use the Cobra Deluxe Jr 600 MF towels. I find that they take care of all my needs - drying, polish removal & buffing. They are very good indeed. I use the 16x16 size since I find using two smaller size towels rather than one large one yield better results. A set of 4 will take care of your complete detailing session (unless you use them as wash cloth - which I do - I am waiting for my mitts). I will surely recommend them....

Rgds

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks