Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2010, 12:47   #106
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garipagol View Post
I use the Cobra Deluxe Jr 600 MF towels. I find that they take care of all my needs - drying, polish removal & buffing. They are very good indeed. I use the 16x16 size since I find using two smaller size towels rather than one large one yield better results. A set of 4 will take care of your complete detailing session (unless you use them as wash cloth - which I do - I am waiting for my mitts). I will surely recommend them....

Rgds
Cobra is a great brand- no doubt. The only issue- they are expensive and cannot be procured in india, hence 3M works out as the best for me. I use 3M ones for drying, buffing and polish removal too, they are not that great for quick detailing, till they get washed a few times. Overall, the best amongst the lot i have used, will see how can i lay hands on a cobra sometime!
Old 11th November 2010, 20:39   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Spent some time (well, ok, a lot: I'm a shopoholic <Blush>) wandering around Singapore shops last week. Wide range of microfibre towels in various kitchen shops, and in the car maintenance dept of Mustafa. All looked better than the cut-price ones I get from London (but hey, 5 for 99p, or towel-size at 99p really is cut-price).

I even saw one that claimed to be magnetic! Hang up on any metal surface in the kitchen without a hook! I guess this could have an application in car cleaning: maybe it would stay on the side of the car instead of falling onto the dirty ground when accidentally let go of ...
Old 12th July 2011, 14:21   #108
BHPian

Re: Microfiber Towels in India (best for detailing)

Team,

If anyone is interested then please browse through this link http://cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...:X:AAQ:IN:1123

Have bought this from the seller recently and is 70X90cms unlike whats mentioned on the site ,

I basically use this to wipe the car dry after a wash and the job is completed in max 2 mins... Iam talking about a SX4 here which is covered with water from a water pipe wash , the cloth just absorbs and absorbs and is superb for the price thats quoted.

Cheers
Old 1st August 2011, 14:23   #109

I have used Microfibre towels of DWG brand for car cleaning & polishing , distributed by one company called Jaipur Fashions , can be contacted at jaipurfashions@gmail.com;drycarwash.mobile@gmail.c om

Good ones ! Give satisfactory results
Atlantik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2011, 14:00   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantik View Post
I have used Microfibre towels of DWG brand for car cleaning & polishing , distributed by one company called Jaipur Fashions , can be contacted at jaipurfashions@gmail.com;drycarwash.mobile@gmail.c om

Good ones ! Give satisfactory results
Could you post some photos? They are the best indicator for the quality.
Old 4th August 2011, 12:00   #111
BHPian

Guys , I need to pick up 3M Microfiber towels from 3M urgently for waxing and detailing my new bike. Appreciate some one with contacts in 3M, who could help me out on this.
Old 4th August 2011, 13:19   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrage View Post
Guys , I need to pick up 3M Microfiber towels from 3M urgently for waxing and detailing my new bike. Appreciate some one with contacts in 3M, who could help me out on this.
Dilip,
Check with Ultimate detailerzs. They do stock some good microfibers. If they do not then try with "Sanjay from "BringingBest". Here is the link of what "Sanjay" is selling.
BB Impex (P) Ltd. New Delhi, India, 5 Pack Yellow Microfiber
rk_sans is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2011, 20:55   #113
Distinguished - BHPian

Any contacts for micro fiber cloth options in Pune? Am aware of Jopasu products, but would like to know what are the other options in terms of costs. Also contacts for getting them in pune would be appreciated.
Old 10th October 2011, 11:46   #114
Distinguished - BHPian

I noticed microfibre cloth in the supermarket (Nilgiris, Chennai) last week among the ordinary kitchen stuff.

Might not have to search far for them in the future!
Old 10th October 2011, 12:13   #115
Distinguished - BHPian

Are these microfiber cloth used for cars, are for general purpose type ( cleaning, wiping , polishing, etc).

Have seen in stores (abroad) microfiber cloth listed for specific purpose ( like separate from the cleaning to the washing or polishing type)

Cheers!
Old 10th October 2011, 12:31   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Any contacts for micro fiber cloth options in Pune? Am aware of Jopasu products, but would like to know what are the other options in terms of costs. Also contacts for getting them in pune would be appreciated.

Most of the auto accessory shops have them in stock. The nearest one to our office is Carax on the bypass. He has a pack of three for relatively cheap price. Want to check it out? I need to buy a couple of them too.
Old 10th October 2011, 13:26   #117
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Most of the auto accessory shops have them in stock. The nearest one to our office is Carax on the bypass. He has a pack of three for relatively cheap price. Want to check it out? I need to buy a couple of them too.
I'm game. I might have a look at duster(s) and other cleaning accessories too. Might get free today by 4 p.m. - will PM you if that happens.
Old 10th October 2011, 14:19   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
I'm game. I might have a look at duster(s) and other cleaning accessories too. Might get free today by 4 p.m. - will PM you if that happens.
Swanand, if you dont mind can you get me a 3 pack too

When you go there you can ask for a 6 pack all put together
Old 10th October 2011, 15:43   #119
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Are these microfiber cloth used for cars, are for general purpose type ( cleaning, wiping , polishing, etc).

Have seen in stores (abroad) microfiber cloth listed for specific purpose ( like separate from the cleaning to the washing or polishing type)

Cheers!
General, I suppose. I have a heap of them, so I didn't look closely.

It is true that there is a wide variety: I have bought packs including different textures from floor cleaning to glass wiping. Even have a couple that are for cleaning and then polishing stainless steel in the kitchen! The ones I use on the car are actually sold as towels!
Old 25th January 2012, 15:15   #120
BHPian

I heard that Microfibre gloves are also available and they are really neat for applying car shampoo. Does anybody know where it would be available in Pune and what price?

Most Viewed