Team-BHP - Microfiber Towels in India (best for detailing)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Microfiber Towels in India (best for detailing) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/27815-microfiber-towels-india-best-detailing.html)

I've been trying to find a branded source of microfiber towels in India.

First, what is microfiber: These are towels composed of extremely small fibers, smaller than human hair. The strands themselves are cut in such a way that they absorb foreign material such as dirt inside instead of it floating on top and scratching paint surfaces.

"Microfiber is also widely used by car detailers to handle such tasks as removing wax, quick detailing, cleaning interior, cleaning glass, as well as drying. Due to its fine fibers which leave no lint or dust, microfiber towels are a popular choice for avid car detailers and enthusiasts."

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microfiber

In India, the EagleOne product NanoWax includes a small microfiber towel, but they don't seem to sell their separate microfiber product:
http://www.eagleone.com/pages/produc...y.asp?cid=5001

This is the contact info for the India importer and distributor in case anyone wants to encourage them to stock Microfiber towels:

(Delhi)
Valvoline Cummins Limited

Office Address
52, Okhla Industrial Estate Phase III,New Delhi 110 020

Tel No 011-51613444-48

Fax No 011-51613453

Email Id sales&service@valvolinecummins.com

Also see http://www.valvolinecummins.com/Admin/valvo_cod.asp

Does anyone know of any other company branded micofiber products in India? (I leave out the towels claimed to be microfiber on ebay.in -- anyone have any experience with those?)

Well, I got one with my Samsung LCD. You can also check some electronic appliance store for buying one.

I bought a 3M one at FoodWorld. They are everywhere I guess.

Quote:

Originally Posted by srishiva (Post 538136)
I bought a 3M one at FoodWorld. They are everywhere I guess.

How much do they cost ?

In foodworld it costs 70 Rs. for a very small sized towels.

I bought 3M from Metro. It costs around 180 Rupees for a hand kerchief sized one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatienceWins (Post 723346)
I bought 3M from Metro. It costs around 180 Rupees for a hand kerchief sized one.

I am a regular user of 3M towels (yellow) from Metro. These are the same towels used by 3M detailing shops. Price is Rs.90ish. Not 180. Highly recommended.

The food world ones are blue in color, meant for cleaning electronics, etc. because of their smaller size.

I think the MRP is 99 Rs for the 3M towel and one can get it for 90 Rs in Metro.
One morething , The towel comes free when you buy the 3m package for 400Rs (or 600 RS ??), which contains a shampoo, dashboard polish, trye shiner, Polish.

Anyone know where I can get 3M products in Mumbai?

Quote:

Originally Posted by androdev (Post 723714)
I am a regular user of 3M towels (yellow) from Metro. These are the same towels used by 3M detailing shops. Price is Rs.90ish. Not 180. Highly recommended.

The food world ones are blue in color, meant for cleaning electronics, etc. because of their smaller size.

Sorry. I bought it long back.:Frustrati

Its still not used since I plan to use it after waxing. Need to spare some time during weekend!!

It will be available in 3M car detailing shops, metro( in bangalore) & may be at some big car accessories dealers.
Excellent product & they claim it can be used for 2500washes??

I got the same yellow detailing towel from 3M at BLR for less than 100 INR. Somehow didn't impress me. Doesn't clean the glasses smoothly. Gives squeaks or just holds on to the glass like gum so it takes effort to clean the glass whether we apply pressure on the towel or not. Nothing like impurities are there on the towel. Sort of dissapoints me.

cya
A

This is how they first hit UK; ridiculously expensive!

Available in a wide range of textures they are great in home and kitchen. There's always one on my desk for cleaning monitor and spectacles. the secret is to use no, or very very little water, and no chemicals, although I do use a glass spray on the two items I just mentioned.

Oh... they bring elecrical stuff up like new, as they really get the dust out, leaving plastic with a 'as-new' shine

The e-cloth range in my link is still going strong in expensive UK stores, but cheaper shops have them too, and assorted packs are available in 'pound shops' (equiv. about Rs77 --- for five!) and are pretty much as good.

I brought back a heap of them on my last trip.

Sorry guys, don't plan to go back this year --- looks like I could be on to a good opportunity when I do. I'm glad to hear that they are becoming available in India, but it looks like they are starting expensive here.

As towels they are pretty good too, as they are very light, do not hold water like cotton does, and dry very quickly.

I use a couple of the towels for car cleaning.

...And no, I'm not paid by the polyester fibre industry!!!!

Thad, any aunt / uncle / coujin visiting you soon ? ;)

When they do, they're going to laden down with giant bars of Toblerone! ;)

Regrettably, I seem to be only one among my family or non-Indian friends that got the India bug. Come to think of it, some of my London Indian friends aren't that keen either!

But... back to the topic. I do miss the array of cleaning stuff, both household and car, that is available back there, especially as the new products over the past few years have tended to actually work! But they are, of course, priced at a level we would not want to pay here.

My dishbrush came from UK. IIRC, about £4.75 for a pack of two. They last far longer than cheap ones, but who here would pay nearly Rs200 for a dishbrush? Some of the higher-budget car-care stuff like AutoGlym (I used to use their glass cleaner, but cheaper stuff for washing the car) is expensive even in UK terms.