Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2007, 11:13   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

TIP for Laura owners: Climatronic OFF button

The following link will help you have an OFF button for the climatronic. As you know, the only way to switch off the climatronic is by turning the fan knob to off. With this DIY modification, you will have a push button to turn it off (pushing it again will turn in on.) I did this on my car while waiting at a traffic signal using a swiss knife (screwdriver to pop out the plastic half-moon cap, scissors to cut the 1mm plastic thingy.)

It works and it is good to have. Much more info with photos can be found here:
Octavia-vRS.com - Climatronic Off Button
Old 22nd August 2007, 13:10   #2
BANNED

Thanks - sounds very interesting. How stupid of Skoda to downgrade such a simple feature.

You mean now the switch moves in and out for on & off?

By the way you can switch OFF the compressor by pressing the Economy button.

You do know that you can roll up and down the windows with the remote right?
Old 22nd August 2007, 13:32   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

YES to all.

I never use the fan alone. It is either AUTO or nothing, so I am glad I found this tip. Better than turning the fan knob.

OT: In the multi-functional display setup, you can change the units to Km/lit instead of the lit/KM, etc. You can see the real-time mileage. This comes right after the trip mileage screen. I found this info recently.
Old 22nd August 2007, 17:31   #4
BANNED

Did the Km/L as soon as I got it - sort of guessed that this must be there. The only grouse that I have with Auto is that the recirc goes off and I like recirc on with the horrible pollution in Bangalore.

Does your car have a anti theft system. If so is there any way to activate/deactivate it?

Manual says that it gets activated 30 sec after locking and when I open with the key the key must be put in the ignition within 15sec to avoid the alarm from going off - mine does no such thing.

Do you get an audible alarm for "door open"

Trying to figure out these small things.

BTW you can also set the time that you want the headlights to stay on for in the 'leave home' and 'coming home' function.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks