Team-BHP - Sun Film or Security Film?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Sun Film or Security Film? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/28133-sun-film-security-film.html)

Hi

I am planning to go for a film that provides security and low load on my compressor.

What would you suggest ? SUN FILM or SECURITY FILM?

After going thru all the posts in here, it appears that Llumar or 3M appears to be valye for money, but do they act also like a securiy film?

I would be eagerly waiting for your reply.

MODS: Searched the forum , couldn't find the comparison between the two, hence this query. Can be moved to appropriate forum

Ram P

I am also considering between these options for my new car. Can someone please help with a comparison of the two. A couple of questions I have -

- Is there any difference in installation between security and sun film?
- Can security film be removed later if necessary (like people have to do in Delhi now)?
- Are there any cons to installing security film?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

You should ideally go in for sun film unless you are a high profile individual with a threat of being attacked.;)

All sun films will give you safety in the sense that the glass will not shatter on impact protecting the occupants from the tiny pieces of glass. There are safety films from brands like Solar Guard available locally and they cost upwards of Rs15k for their entry level range. The top end range are supposed to prevent penetration via a rifle bullet as claimed by them.

Hope this helps.

Viper

Viper,

I am not a high profile individual, but a small family man. Was concerned abt the safety of the family in the event of any breakage. thats why the question. Somewhere in the forum, I read that in HYD, Llumar security film was installed for 8K approx. need to check it out in BLR.

I do hope that SUN film meets my requirements

Ram P

Quote:

Originally Posted by viper (Post 545917)
Hi,

You should ideally go in for sun film unless you are a high profile individual with a threat of being attacked.;)

Viper

What is a security film?

Mag

More info on Security Film can be found here.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...890#post384890

Seeing the post only, I was exploring the option. Any idea where we can get it in BLR ?

Ram P

:confused: are sunfilms finally legal or not???????????:confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by v10 (Post 546475)

They are legal provided they arenot dark.

Quote:

they are legal if they are

visibility on the side is 50% and 70% on front and the rear

i was told this by the guy who installed my sun film

Quote:

Originally Posted by manikjeet (Post 546515)

Yes the above said by Manikjeet is very true...

even i got installed certified film in my Zen from Sector-28 CHD, & i got a certificate which is approved by chandigarh administration as well...:)...

Quote:

i think they have relaxed the rule in dehli.. but still dont take a chance. ask the other dehli members.

I got them installed a few months back on my Fiesta.

Working in the auto industry & having interacted to quite a few people, I was recommended the Llumar Security Film.

I installed the Llumar Magnum NT200 film mainly for security reasons. There have been 2 attempted break-in's by breaking the glass into my previous cars & this was was the reason why.

Also, Im old school & dont believe in the electronic security systems. I once saw a show on discovery where they opened a car without touching it, remotely. Good old lock & key.

I got the film at a great price. They dont cut the light out very much..they are of neutral range.

Good to hear the old age information

Did you install the sunfilm also ? If yes, was it after the security film or before?

If you dont mind sharing the price of the ssecurity film, that will be great.

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by theexister (Post 546746)
I got them installed a few months back on my Fiesta.

Working in the auto industry & having interacted to quite a few people, I was recommended the Llumar Security Film.

I installed the Llumar Magnum NT200 film mainly for security reasons. There have been 2 attempted break-in's by breaking the glass into my previous cars & this was was the reason why.

Also, Im old school & dont believe in the electronic security systems. I once saw a show on discovery where they opened a car without touching it, remotely. Good old lock & key.

I got the film at a great price. They dont cut the light out very much..they are of neutral range.

Not legal anymore in Delhi by a court order.

Quote:

Originally Posted by manikjeet (Post 546515)

Just got this quote on sunfilm in BLR

Llumar Side/Rear : Rs 2200 (I Believe its SR 20)
Llumar Front AS 75 : Rs 4500

Kooltint Side/Rear (20): Rs 4600
Koottint Front: Rs 5000

3M Side Rear: (RE 35) : Rs 4000

Do you think the prices are reasonable.

I am more inclined towards Kooltint. Ever heard of it

Thanks for your attention

Ram P