Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2007, 17:23   #16
Senior - BHPian

@ ricky - check out yours (oops!), Razor's, HarmonBro's Lancers - they look good in their present form. dont they?

@ H'Bro - IMO its better not to go over the top - it may attract a lot of "crowd" - girls as well as Mamus.
Old 31st August 2007, 23:53   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
@ ricky - check out yours (oops!), Razor's, HarmonBro's Lancers - they look good in their present form. dont they?

@ H'Bro - IMO its better not to go over the top - it may attract a lot of "crowd" - girls as well as Mamus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Hey

The car is bound to be an EYE BALL GRABBER...but..it surely needs to be toned down quite a bit. In comparison my Lancer looks SOOOOO Sober !!!
How about just the decals thats there on the rear of the car? Will have a complete black car with NO organgee. Wont that tone down on the look.

Last edited by harmon_bro : 31st August 2007 at 23:55.
Old 1st September 2007, 15:27   #18
Senior - BHPian

From what I can tell you are bored with the stock (but great looking) car !! So you are looking at some change..you can surely add some decals - but surely less in the face than the ones in the first picture. , some streaks of red on the body to match the rim lip. I don't think I am able to describe my thoughts here. Why dont you photoshop a bit & come up with ideas - i'm sure we can then come up with something interesting.

Cheers
Old 1st September 2007, 17:49   #19
Senior - BHPian

Here is a perfect place in coimbatore where you can the custom paintjob done..
KITUP Automotive
273,puliyakulam road,
coimbatore-641045
ph:0422-4396450
99949-19005. check out their site: kitup dot co dot in
Old 2nd September 2007, 09:15   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Friends,

A question:

Assuming that the car's original paint is white [or could be any color] and you get this 'Rally style' paint job done. [or use lots of decal to get this/similar effect]. Would that require an endorsement in the RC book from the RTO?

What is ok as 'Rally Style' paint job on the original paint?
- Say I get only the bumpers and lower part of the body [the arches, door lower panels etc..] painted in a different color? Is that OK?
- In addition to above if we put decals/paint the hood etc..???

What is the legal position on this..??
Old 2nd September 2007, 10:50   #21
BHPian

hi guys i'm doing a paintjob and body kit works for my car lancer but.. quit confused with the paint jobs.. pls post suggestions
Old 2nd September 2007, 23:47   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
From what I can tell you are bored with the stock (but great looking) car !! So you are looking at some change..you can surely add some decals - but surely less in the face than the ones in the first picture. , some streaks of red on the body to match the rim lip. I don't think I am able to describe my thoughts here. Why dont you photoshop a bit & come up with ideas - i'm sure we can then come up with something interesting.

Cheers
Thanks Ricky will keep that in mind.
Old 4th September 2007, 00:08   #23
BHPian

Hi, Maybe a conservative design such as in movies like fast and furious are great. By the way, I'm about to order custom made body kit for my '96 Esteem very soon in Chennai. I have Fast and furious's Brain's green Car or second part silver with blue stripes Skyline GTR. Not decided which to choose. Any suggestions....?
Old 4th September 2007, 12:20   #24
Senior - BHPian

PM fellow member vikram_d and ask for the pic's of his old esteem. It had a 2 tone paint job done. Something on the lines of silver and blue, used to be his avatar.
Old 4th September 2007, 23:55   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For a job like this Autopsyche is our first choice but the distance seems to be a barrier between us.
Too bad coz last time we visited his workshop he showed us some pics of two tone paint jobs done by him and they were amazing.
Old 8th September 2007, 10:31   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Decals/Half paint jobs. RTO/RC book endorsement

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Friends,

Assuming that the car's original paint is white [or could be any color] and you get this 'Rally style' paint job done. [or use lots of decal to get this/similar effect]. Would that require an endorsement in the RC book from the RTO?

What is the legal position on this..??
Friends, Did we miss this.. I think this is an important aspect that we should be aware of.
These days traffic police try to find any excuse to wriggle money from you or try to harrass you..

Cheers,
-SK
Old 8th September 2007, 13:33   #27
BHPian

Loud cars definitely attract attention of pandu's (in mumbai). - This kinda paint job needs precision to detail to look as shown in the pictures.
Old 9th September 2007, 12:52   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumil View Post
Loud cars definitely attract attention of pandu's (in mumbai). - This kinda paint job needs precision to detail to look as shown in the pictures.
You know anyone who can do the job. We all know it needs an expert and precision to get a job well done.

Thanks.
Old 9th September 2007, 14:28   #29
Senior - BHPian

like i said before..kitup,coimbatore does these kinds of paintjob..real nice..and since you are in chennai, i think its feasible for you...
Old 15th September 2009, 07:33   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmon_bro View Post
Do you have any contacts or pictures of work done by these painters from Trichy?
Vimal jith there are just behind Sona-Meena theatre..if you know trichy then you can understand the location.These guys are the first person to do fantastic paitings and interiors.

Maybe i will try to get some snaps of the work done by them..

if you need i can provide you the contact numbers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks