Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2007, 13:04   #1
BANNED

"wheels brand"Central lock with remote for MARUTI 800.

How good is this Brand "wheels". anyone using this for M800. Im weighing this along with autocops & piranha.TIA
Old 31st August 2007, 15:05   #2
Senior - BHPian

Had this in my old Cielo, it's one of the cheaper ones available, it's allright for just locking and unlocking within a short distance from the car.
Also after sales service would be a problem.
Go in for Autocops/Piranha IMO.
Old 13th September 2007, 16:35   #3
BHPian

Luke, wanted to install Autocop one IMO for my 800 as well. Does it matter if I can get it installed from the Maruti Dealer or any shop on JC raod
Old 13th September 2007, 18:56   #4
Senior - BHPian

How much are you paying for it ?

Wheels is a decent brand, definitely good enough for a M-800.
Old 13th September 2007, 19:35   #5
Team-BHP Support

I do not know much except for the fact that the remote looks extremely tacky. It is one of those miniaturized plastic job with chrome finish on it. The slider goes loose to begin with and has the irritating habit of sliding down on its own. Next the chrome finish starts chipping off leaving behind el-cheapo looking plastic peering out. This is all first hand experience as my friend got this one about 5 months back in his car. To top it all his remote seems to have a loose contact problem as well. Two falls from the hand and it started having the problem.
Old 13th September 2007, 22:45   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanh_hunt View Post
Luke, wanted to install Autocop one IMO for my 800 as well. Does it matter if I can get it installed from the Maruti Dealer or any shop on JC raod
Autocops do the install IMO, if it is an option get it done from them, else the dealer is the second choice, JC road ?? well, I've had some bad experiences there.
Old 14th September 2007, 13:42   #7
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shapath View Post
How good is this Brand "wheels". anyone using this for M800. Im weighing this along with autocops & piranha.TIA
Simply avoid this brand and go for established ones !
Old 26th September 2007, 17:36   #8
BHPian

I have it in my M800 for the last 4 years. It was really troublefree until 3 months ago. It has since then gone bonkers. It locks only when it feels like it. Meaning it gives the sound but doors are still open. Other occasions it is fine. Sometimes unlocking just unlocks 2 doors. Alarm goes off even after unlocking. Even the robber will be confused. Thats the reason I still have it

From what I heard, the company has closed down. If matters get worse, I will go for autocop this time.
Old 26th September 2007, 17:43   #9
BHPian

@shapath: If budget is a concern, consider this - manual central locking (no remote control, but it locks/opens all 4 doors when the front door is locked/opened). I have been using this from the past 1 year, no issues so far.

Costs Rs.490 only.

eBay India: MANUAL CENTRAL LOCKING KIT (UNIVERSAL), 4 DOOR (item 120164857379 end time 30-Sep-2007 14:03:02 IST)

If budget is not a concern, go in for reputed brands only.

Last edited by gopz : 26th September 2007 at 17:48.
Old 28th September 2007, 10:51   #10
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopz View Post
@shapath: If budget is a concern, consider this - manual central locking (no remote control, but it locks/opens all 4 doors when the front door is locked/opened). I have been using this from the past 1 year, no issues so far.

Costs Rs.490 only.

eBay India: MANUAL CENTRAL LOCKING KIT (UNIVERSAL), 4 DOOR (item 120164857379 end time 30-Sep-2007 14:03:02 IST)

If budget is not a concern, go in for reputed brands only.
No need to go to eBay. It's available at the dealers.
Old 30th July 2013, 17:51   #11
BHPian

Wheels Central Locking / Wheels Remote Locking - 11 year review

I have been using Wheels Central locking in my Palio GTX for the past 11 years (the system was installed at the FIAT dealer's place at the time of purchase).

The system has worked largely without trouble all this while. Some 7 years ago, there was an electronic fault in the control module, which was corrected for no cost by the person who installed the system (in his personal capacity, because there was no company support).

Anyway, coming to the reason for this post. Both the remote commanders for the system had chipped and broken from key points through years of usage.

"wheels brand"Central lock with remote for MARUTI 800.-cam00054.jpg

I had been looking for a replacement for the past year or so, but to no avail. Yesterday, Arush (autopsyche) asked me to get in touch with the dealer for a company called "Crosslink Wheels" in Karol Bagh. I called them up today, and they delivered two remotes to my place within the day! The new remote commander looks very different but is apparantly compatible with my decade old system. The technician took 2 minutes to program the new remotes. Here is a pic:

"wheels brand"Central lock with remote for MARUTI 800.-cam00053.jpg

Posting this as a review of the brand, as well as to help people who might be in a similar situation as I was.

With the new remotes, the central locking system now works as well as it did on day one

Last edited by vipul_singh : 30th July 2013 at 17:54.
vipul_singh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks