Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2007, 14:51   #1
BHPian

Need Help - for replacing Hyundai Accent GVS silencer

Silencer for my Hyundai Accent GVS is cracked because of rusting. Apart from going to company service centre in Bangalore what are the options do I have to replace it or get it welded and use it for some more time.

Also in case of replacement should I go for the original one or any of the other brands in market are ok.

Bangalore members help me in finding the shop where can I get a good and reliable silencer.

- Deepak
Old 1st September 2007, 09:07   #2
BHPian

Hi! Deepak,
No use welding it. Even I had a GLS and after taking it out found that the entire silencer had a line running rightthrough where it was welded. ITs not a pipe, but a sheet metal which is folded into a pipe and welded.

Not worth welding it as it will open again. My crack was right on the seam, hence had to change it. Go to Masood: 9845022228. He is a professional guy trained in UK & has just been trained on BMW too.

Call him and he will do the needful. The dealers will charge you about 5-6K for it.
Old 2nd September 2007, 11:56   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prithvi View Post
Hi! Deepak,
No use welding it. Even I had a GLS and after taking it out found that the entire silencer had a line running rightthrough where it was welded. ITs not a pipe, but a sheet metal which is folded into a pipe and welded.

Not worth welding it as it will open again. My crack was right on the seam, hence had to change it. Go to Masood: 9845022228. He is a professional guy trained in UK & has just been trained on BMW too.

Call him and he will do the needful. The dealers will charge you about 5-6K for it.
Prithvi,
Thanks for the reply. that welding will not help, I had done this before and its cracked after 1.5 years, I also realize now that after welding was done there was reduction in the pickup and mileage of the car. So decided to replace the silencer.

Will call Masood and talk to him.

Regards,
Deepak
Old 5th September 2007, 00:43   #4
BHPian

Just fixed an aftermarked one for my Santro today in Pune. they had 3 qualities.
Q1 hardly ha anything inside it, as good as no silencer (cheap too)
Q2 had half a canister, some waffles missing as per the technician (cost a few hundred more)
Q3 was exactly similar to the OEM silencer, cost around 2850/-... all in all total cost was around 3120/- with the gaskets and so on...

Definitely not worth spending 6 - 7k on the OEM one, that one too may last just a few years.
Old 5th September 2007, 10:50   #5
BHPian

Hello, Any pictures/ model/manufacturer specifications?
Old 5th September 2007, 16:03   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by babhishek View Post
Hello, Any pictures/ model/manufacturer specifications?
yes, please provide manufacturer name, will try and locate if somebody sells them in Bangalore.
Old 16th September 2007, 11:39   #7
BHPian

Finally got some time yesterday to goto JC road. Bought a silencer from Car automobiles pvt ltd and got it fixed by a mechanic who is opposite to SSMRV college in JP Nagar. Cost of silencer 1650 and total cost of replacement 1800.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks