Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2007, 19:28   #76
BHPian

Lovely exhaust note! That sound will improve further after you run in about 500-1000 km cause muffler is new.
Old 15th September 2007, 21:23   #77
Senior - BHPian

Awesome note Whats this note called as?
Old 4th October 2007, 18:16   #78
BHPian

By the way, does the removal of the catalytic convertor have any adverse impact on the PUC? I am not very comfortable with that bit of the whole idea. Loved the sound of the FFE though, Shrivz. Will the sound and the power change with addition of the Catcon? Also, nice alloys. I have driven a Baleno with stock 13" and skinny tyres. My stock shod Petra does turn better than that. I do not have enough experience on fat Yokos, but extrapolating from what I have experienced, I am sure these feel like rail tracks on corners.
Old 5th October 2007, 10:42   #79
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabuddhadg View Post
By the way, does the removal of the catalytic convertor have any adverse impact on the PUC? I am not very comfortable with that bit of the whole idea. Loved the sound of the FFE though, Shrivz.
I have removed the cat con of my baleno and it has passed the PUC comfortably.
Old 5th October 2007, 12:17   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabuddhadg View Post
By the way, does the removal of the catalytic convertor have any adverse impact on the PUC? I am not very comfortable with that bit of the whole idea.
My car passed the PUC test. No worries on that front, though Riju told me that if I remove the stock Auxillary muffler, it won't pass the PUC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabuddhaadg
Loved the sound of the FFE though, Shrivz. Will the sound and the power change with addition of the Catcon? Also, nice alloys. I have driven a Baleno with stock 13" and skinny tyres. My stock shod Petra does turn better than that. I do not have enough experience on fat Yokos, but extrapolating from what I have experienced, I am sure these feel like rail tracks on corners.
Thanks for your kind words!
The yokohamas are extreeemely grippy. You can figure it out in the Mahabaleshwar drive videos: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...-new-post.html
Old 5th October 2007, 15:25   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

Really nice stuff man !!

and Raj Hingorani, does he even do the fitting on the car ? Can you PM me his contact number ?
Old 27th October 2007, 14:56   #82
Senior - BHPian

Shrivz.. Where did u get the FFE's fitted in Pune? I have a feeling that I will give in to the FFE temptation soon

Can you plz give me the breakup of the cost including shipping and installation? .. via PM if u prefer.
Old 26th March 2008, 20:56   #83
BHPian

Hi Shrivz -

Please post some more of your mods and pictures of your baleno.

Also it has been long since you have changed the FFE. Hence can we have a long term review of your FFE

Regards,
Kailash
Old 26th March 2008, 20:59   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Hi Shrivz -

Please post some more of your mods and pictures of your baleno.

Also it has been long since you have changed the FFE. Hence can we have a long term review of your FFE

Regards,
Kailash
Yup expect a long term ownership report of my car along with fresh snaps after 10th April, got exams coming up, so dont have much time on hand..
Old 26th March 2008, 21:03   #85
Senior - BHPian

I had the honor of riding in this wonderful car during my Pune trip. The suspension is stiffened and the exhaust note is not just for listening pleasure alone. The car is actually quick and am actually toying with the idea of getting a street spec header since then. Nice clean interiors too. Maintained very well i must say. I had no idea the car was 98k KMS run and Shrivz was the third owner. I assumed it was bought brand new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrivz View Post
My car passed the PUC test. No worries on that front, though Riju told me that if I remove the stock Auxillary muffler, it won't pass the PUC.
I have a straight pipe from the headers till the end can. No center muffler or cat con. I was worried when you mentioned the above during my Pune visit. Last week, i had left my car for service and they did a PUC test post servicing. It passed... with flying colors.

Last edited by n_aditya : 26th March 2008 at 21:10.
Old 26th March 2008, 21:22   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
The car is actually quick and am actually toying with the idea of getting a street spec header since then.
Aditya, correct me if I'm wrong, but you're currently running drag spec headers (4000+ RPM) in your car right ? In your opinion, in what way are the street spec headers better than the drag spec ones ?

I'm asking because I'm contemplating a switch to drag spec stainless-steel headers (my current one was made for street use, i.e. 2000+ RPM).
Old 26th March 2008, 22:07   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
I had the honor of riding in this wonderful car during my Pune trip. The suspension is stiffened and the exhaust note is not just for listening pleasure alone. The car is actually quick and am actually toying with the idea of getting a street spec header since then. Nice clean interiors too. Maintained very well i must say. I had no idea the car was 98k KMS run and Shrivz was the third owner. I assumed it was bought brand new.
I'm flattered aditya, you're just being nice, aren't you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya
I have a straight pipe from the headers till the end can. No center muffler or cat con. I was worried when you mentioned the above during my Pune visit. Last week, i had left my car for service and they did a PUC test post servicing. It passed... with flying colors.
Ohh, that's great!! Unfortunately, I can't tolerate a louder exhaust, so no straight through for me!

Hey, wait a min, its possible to fabricate another bolt on straight through pipe which can be used occassionally!
Old 27th March 2008, 16:05   #88
Senior - BHPian

Yes a long term review is required now buddie.Any adverse effect of headers till now.
ram
Old 27th March 2008, 19:23   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
Aditya, correct me if I'm wrong, but you're currently running drag spec headers (4000+ RPM) in your car right ? In your opinion, in what way are the street spec headers better than the drag spec ones ?

I'm asking because I'm contemplating a switch to drag spec stainless-steel headers (my current one was made for street use, i.e. 2000+ RPM).
Srini, i am running headers (4x1) which kick in at around 4k RPM. Dunno what the correct term is - Race spec or drag spec.

Driving with this header design (4x1) is enjoyable on the highways and on city roads with free flowing or very less traffic. In stop and go conditions and bumper to bumper traffic, it is very painful to drive... you have to ride the clutch constantly in first gear.

This type of header promises more mid range and top end power.... fun to drive on track and on highways but a curse on city roads in chock a block traffic. Street spec is designed for city driving and street usage, where low end torue is high. Hope this helps.

P.S. If you are still keen on going for a drag/race spec header do send me a PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrivz View Post
I'm flattered aditya, you're just being nice, aren't you! Hey, wait a min, its possible to fabricate another bolt on straight through pipe which can be used occassionally!
No way bro. Its a fact. I thoroughly enjoyed the ride. And yes, you could get a straight pipe fabricated which can be bolted on. Not a major job at all.
Old 6th April 2008, 23:18   #90
Senior - BHPian

Hi Shirvz.. nice pics of your Headers+end can. I have not read many reviews of the 4x2x1. Could you explain more on why you chose this spec, and if you see any negatives in your current set up.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks