Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2007, 13:26   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Custom Paint Job For A Black Scorpio

Hey guys - I am getting my new black Scorpio next week. I have named it INTERCEPTOR. I have chosen a standard car (the LX as it is known) as I do not want claddings on the doors. The car will not have side footsteps either. No alloys, the wheels will be standard in black colour, that too without wheel caps. There will be two white coloured INTERCEPTOR stickers 48 inches long and 7 inches high on the bonnet and below the rear number plate. I will fit my HELLA RALLY 2000 SPOTLIGHTS and my LUCAS SFT 700 DRIVING LIGHTS on it for which a mounting is already fabricated and is in painting as I type this thread.

I am thinking of doing a custom paint job on it (my requirement is that it should not be too loud but should be something which will continue to be remembered for it's uniqueness over time). My favourite contrasting colours are RED, WHITE and SILVER or GOLDEN.

I will really appreciate if you can throw up some suitable suggestions.

Please accept my best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 6th September 2007, 13:45   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hi there, interesting thing a custom paintjob is. However if i may ask, red white silver and golden are all standard shades on the scorpio... if you plan to have it that unique, why not move away from them and do it up in something thats not available in the OE range? Something like a Toxic Green, Blazing Orange, Metallic Copper.. etc etc, you get the drift.

Arush
Old 6th September 2007, 14:10   #3
BANNED

Hey , Seeing a scorpio in a custom paint job shall be wicked !! But how come you planning to stick to the original rims and not go in for alloys ???

Cheers
Old 6th September 2007, 14:26   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi khaadu75 (saazid - right ?) - your query on alloys - alloys are useful only if they weigh less. Other than that as far as appearance goes, I personally am not any gaga over them. Moreover, why should I pay for something that does not exceite me enough ?

Hi autopsyche - I am trying to steer clear of the things which people do when they do a custom paint job. I want my car to not look flashy but something that people will remember (arre - aisa hi ek gaadi dekha tha !).

I hope I have been able to answer your queries.

Further, how does the name INTERCEPTOR sound to you ? With the power of the Scorpio, I have got this name at the back of my mind for a long time now. PRESIDENT (a BHPian of the 1974 FIAT and 1964 LHD FIAT fame) is doing the stickers for me.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 6th September 2007, 14:53   #5

guys can anyone post up a perfect side profile of the scorpio so i can put in some graphics and see
Old 6th September 2007, 15:00   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

See the HELLA RALLY 2000 lights in the picture of our family car posted by CYRUS43 above ? These very lights now going to get shifted from the FIAT to the Scorpio. I had purchased them from Opera House in 1981 (yes 1981) and I still use them. That's german quality.
Old 6th September 2007, 15:00   #7
Senior - BHPian

are you planning to take it to the SS/TSD rallies? custom paint, hellas, steel rims - just thought so.

why dont you do something like this: (i am not good at this)
1. Black - hood + Roof + Tailgate.
2. Dark Copper (or your choice of colors) Vinyls - doors + Side panels / fenders

@ cyrus:

Last edited by planet_rocker : 6th September 2007 at 15:06.
Old 6th September 2007, 23:44   #8
Team-BHP Support

Hi Behram,

Im not sure if you have seen this thread, but its definitely worth a dekho - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...-modified.html

cya
R
Old 7th September 2007, 01:30   #9

eww...there is no way something like that is happening to my car..never
Old 7th September 2007, 09:03   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Rehaan - the link photos did not open but I think you are talking about that brutish looking vehicle - right ? I know about it. It's a good effort. But that's not what I am looking for. I am getting a black car without claddings, without side footsteps, without bonnet scoop, with black wheel rims without wheel caps, no alloy wheels, the rally lights etc go on with a custom bull bar / light mounting bracket, the 2 INTERCEPTOR stickers go on the front and back. Then what I am thinking is that I do something so subtle but exclusive that it will catch the eye and will always be remembered. Somebody in office told me today - Scorpion ka stickers bahut achcha lagega - eeeeee - thanks but no thanks).

Get the idea ? Go for it, something will come out. I am clear. In the end, if I don't get what I am looking for, I may do nothing as the car will look good just with the lights and the INTERCEPTOR stickers.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 7th September 2007, 18:11   #11
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Further, how does the name INTERCEPTOR sound to you ? With the power of the Scorpio, I have got this name at the back of my mind for a long time now. PRESIDENT (a BHPian of the 1974 FIAT and 1964 LHD FIAT fame) is doing the stickers for me.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Sir, The name is good except that you might have people mistaking your scorpio for a ' police INTERCEPTOR ' -- In Delhi the traffic police gypsy's with the speed gun fitted on them are known as Interceptors and have the stickers all around stating that .

But then thats in Delhi ... dunno about Bombay & Pune !!

Cheers
Old 7th September 2007, 18:18   #12
Senior - BHPian

^^ here in chennai too
Old 7th September 2007, 20:55   #13
BHPian

Hello Mr Dhabhar,

How about something like this, its the 2008 Ford F-150 Foose Edition.

Old 7th September 2007, 22:42   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by -GS- View Post
Hello Mr Dhabhar,

How about something like this, its the 2008 Ford F-150 Foose Edition.

Drooooool!!! Will take more than a paintjob to make the Scorp look so good! Maybe we can beg, borrow or steal a certain Chip Foose to design stuff for us
Old 8th September 2007, 10:33   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks GS - very interesting striping work there, extending it below the grille is the differentiating touch. I have caught on to the idea. It looks subtle but exclusive. Let me see what I can make out of it. See if you can send some more.

Best regards to you,

Behram Dhabhar

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks