Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2007, 19:26   #31
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

See if you could put up a video of the rev counter pulling revs at idle in 1st gear and more importantly under load for the 1st 2 gears at least. Want to see how quick it revs. Also what is the redline?
Old 10th September 2007, 20:11   #32
Senior - BHPian

Sure does sound good. I think you've got all the decals also put by now or am i mistaking it for another black corsa???
Old 10th September 2007, 22:20   #33
BHPian

Sweet work bro .. nice to see you've worked on a Corsa .. looks great on the outside n i'm sure she performs great as well .. you have the whole package
Old 10th September 2007, 22:50   #34
BHPian

one of the best corsa i've seen. Drive safe & treat her well
PS. > are you from lokhandwala?
Old 10th September 2007, 23:33   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
I'd suggest U get that AFR meter or gizmo to check ur fuelling.
IF then u find that u're running lean somewhere, try correcting it with the ECU. If the injectors max out, then u'll need those bigger injectors.
I dont see any modifications on his engine which will make him max out his injectors, he hasn't pushed the engine to that level...
I feel even his oversized Astra injectors may be an overkill

by the way adaman , its nice to see what can be done to an opel corsa ...usually its honda,mitsubishi and suzuki..

Last edited by chetanhanda : 10th September 2007 at 23:35.
Old 10th September 2007, 23:39   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Ya now that you said it...it does sound like a mini American Muscle Car !!!! Enjoy..as long as it drives well & the irregular idle does not interfere with performance I guess it's cool !!

Cheers
Irregular idle will never hurt his performance, In simple words its just that the cams are so "performace oriented" they are taking in huge gobs of air which is creating this ireegular idle...

So in short if we hear an irregular idle we know he is running some hardcore overlapping cam setup...which should mean ideally big performance at top end.
Old 11th September 2007, 01:02   #37
Senior - BHPian

Nice ride, adman. Brave, & different.

270 degree cams...holy cow...! And what's the lift like? Do feel any torque at all below 3.5K RPM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetanhanda
So in short if we hear an irregular idle we know he is running some hardcore overlapping cam setup
Yea. Or....the engine could be screwed up real bad, or perhaps the power valve's acted up, eh....
Old 11th September 2007, 02:48   #38
Senior - BHPian

Thats a hottie Adman77. just love the irregular idle. Blame it on the high lift cam. Whats is it? a Piper?
Love your black no bling wheels and the matt bonnet. Makes it look cool and mean

A few things which did not appeal to me (but its a personal choice)

1) The red interior and bling steering wheel... I would've liked to see a nice ordinary momo or a wooden three spoke raid or Momo. This one looks very hot-rodish nouvo-retro (if there is such a word-but Bhavnaon ko samjho yaar!!)

2) Why are the two meters on the dash above the glove box. They seem too far to be able to read when you're driving. So many meters are confusing. You may try puyying them on a pillar console.

In short im dying to have a ride in her. I do believe the corsa can be seriously mean if modded properly. Your car looks like it has been. Congrats and dont drive her the way in ordinary traffic you were in BKC in the Youtube video!!
Old 11th September 2007, 03:06   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1 View Post

270 degree cams...holy cow...! And what's the lift like? Do feel any torque at all below 3.5K RPM?

Yea. Or....the engine could be screwed up real bad, or perhaps the power valve's acted up, eh....
ya or engine's screwed up..
whats a power valve ?
Old 11th September 2007, 03:27   #40
Senior - BHPian

Id like to know too, what is a power valve bud?
Old 11th September 2007, 06:26   #41
BHPian

Nice ricey exhaust..Not too much of bass..Very nice.
Old 11th September 2007, 08:57   #42
Senior - BHPian

what the 0-100 timing? Top end.. if you aint got 200 kph+ then..?? modding..

good information about the irregular idle..
Old 11th September 2007, 11:12   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetanhanda
whats a power valve ?
Power Valve.

Also known as the check valve, it is an electromechanical device commonly found on all gasoline powered petrol cars. Located at the intake manifold, it helps the ECU read the vacuum/pressure values off the intake and helps setting idling and part throttle A/F mixtures/injection. Without the check valve, no car would idle properly....

Power Valve is the local lingo used by techies...not the Yamaha version, though.
Old 11th September 2007, 11:15   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
See if you could put up a video of the rev counter pulling revs at idle in 1st gear and more importantly under load for the 1st 2 gears at least. Want to see how quick it revs. Also what is the redline?
Sure I'll do it, just wait for a couple of days. Redline right now is around 6500. Waiting for the standalone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
Sure does sound good. I think you've got all the decals also put by now or am i mistaking it for another black corsa???
I used to have some decals. They're out now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A S H V I N View Post
Sweet work bro .. nice to see you've worked on a Corsa .. looks great on the outside n i'm sure she performs great as well .. you have the whole package
Thanx a lot Ashvin. Glad you liked it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamerno1 View Post
one of the best corsa i've seen. Drive safe & treat her well
PS. > are you from lokhandwala?
Thanx gamer. I stay at Seven Bunglows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1 View Post
Well, the cam kicks in after around 2.5K, so no issues about revving. But below 2K in traffic, well, it'll take some time but i'll get used to it. And no,the engine's not screwed up at all, it's as efficient as ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Thats a hottie Adman77. just love the irregular idle. Blame it on the high lift cam. Whats is it? a Piper?
Love your black no bling wheels and the matt bonnet. Makes it look cool and mean

A few things which did not appeal to me (but its a personal choice)

1) The red interior and bling steering wheel... I would've liked to see a nice ordinary momo or a wooden three spoke raid or Momo. This one looks very hot-rodish nouvo-retro (if there is such a word-but Bhavnaon ko samjho yaar!!)

That's the little boy racer in me acting up.

2) Why are the two meters on the dash above the glove box. They seem too far to be able to read when you're driving. So many meters are confusing. You may try puyying them on a pillar console.

Couldn't find pillar pods for the Corsa. Am going to get a custom one made soon. Till then...

In short im dying to have a ride in her. I do believe the corsa can be seriously mean if modded properly. Your car looks like it has been. Congrats and dont drive her the way in ordinary traffic you were in BKC in the Youtube video!!
You're always welcome for a drive V16. It'll be an honour. By the way, you'll never find me driving that way in traffic. That was just for the video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
what the 0-100 timing? Top end.. if you aint got 200 kph+ then..?? modding..
good information about the irregular idle..
The cam's just in and the car's just back from the tuner. Still haven't got a chance to take him out for a speed test. Will surely put up the figures once I do.
Old 11th September 2007, 11:20   #45
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by adman77 View Post
Well, the cam kicks in after around 2.5K, so no issues about revving. But below 2K in traffic, well, it'll take some time but i'll get used to it. And no,the engine's not screwed up at all, it's as efficient as ever.

The cam's just in and the car's just back from the tuner. Still haven't got a chance to take him out for a speed test. Will surely put up the figures once I do.
Hi Adman,

Hope you have a adjustable cam sprocket installed. If as you say the cam kicks in after 2500 RPM I have a feeling it is not set at the correct timing. A BP270 should come into action around 1750 RPM IMO. Anyways would love to have a ride in your car. keep up with the good work and all the best for future mods.

Viper

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks