Team-BHP - Esteem - Carbs to FI
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Esteem - Carbs to FI (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/28643-esteem-carbs-fi.html)

Want to know how good is the idea of getting a carburated esteem converted into a FI setup.. what should be kept in mind and also what should be the cost involved ideally..

Wish I could that, but found out that it would be a messy upgrade, instead you can sell of the car go for a 2000&up MPFI models, they might available for 1.75 upwards.

you would need ecu, wiring ,harness, sensors, injectors.

Intake maniflod and throttle body too.......or maybe u need to replace the head i dun know bout that and the headers too

you can use parts from maruti stable for the sensors, pump,manifold and get a good ecu[programmable].
If you are DIY guy than go ahead. there will be some places you'll be stuck for some time, but it can be done.

You will require a 16v head as well. Also will it be possible to retrofit the crank position sensor, speed sensor etc?

Its a simple straight forward job.

A complete mpfi esteem engine, ecu, wiring and instrument cluster should cost you anywhere from 50k to 80k. Its a bolt on to your carb esteem.

If you cant source out orignal ECU and/or wiring, you can plug in an aftermarket stndalone ECU to get you going.

Karthik,
So would be a easy job to do?

i had similar transplant ideas for my m-1000. but in the end the numbers just dont make sense.

even if i did spend 80k on the install i'd be left with the age old interiors, no power windows, no power steering, an RC book which says m-1000 and sleepless nights wondering if there was a glitch in the whole install and whether it was as good as a mpfi esteem.

unless your senti about this esteem i suggest you chuck it out and grab yourself a post 2000 mpfi model. seems like a safer bet in many ways.

Karthik what are the sensors that would be required with a standalone?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdkarthik (Post 560525)
Its a simple straight forward job.

A complete mpfi esteem engine, ecu, wiring and instrument cluster should cost you anywhere from 50k to 80k. Its a bolt on to your carb esteem.

If you cant source out orignal ECU and/or wiring, you can plug in an aftermarket stndalone ECU to get you going.

He wants to keep his old 8V engine and just replace the carb with EFI.

invincible ,you can do an efi system , if you have good knowledge of electronics and engines...if you do not have these than do not attempt this on your own, get some help from tuners..... or as rdkarthik said replace the engine.

If we're just looking at going FI, why look at multiport? Why not TBI? Simpler, cost-efficient, and minimal alterations required, in terms of wiring, manifold customizing, labour, etc....

hmm well seems to be a long route than i had thought so.... is there anyway to improve the performance of the car in the existing system.. i.e with carbs.... i have a complete stock car...

go in for header,FFE, porting/polishing of head,etc. there are tuners near your place, autopsyhe for one is good.you can approach him,by the getting an efi to increase performance is not the only way you need a lot of other stuff also to increase it.