Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2007, 11:57   #1
Senior - BHPian

Interior Mods in an Indigo Marina

Guys my ankle is starting to hurt from the elevated accelerator pedal position in the DICOR version. The garage says the position cannot be lowered as it has a sensor attached to it and it would hamper its operation. Now not really talking my brothers advise of putting in a Brick under my heel I want to put in a foot rest for the purpose. Any place or any way I can do it in Delhi? I am also planning to put a hand rest from the shop in Noida after the suggestions from the members here.
I am also planning to put a second row AC vents either between the front seats or on the sides of the D pillar at the very rear. Experts is it possible and cost effective? can we have the pipings drawn from the foot floor vents from the main set up? Or any other suggestion how it can be done?
Old 13th September 2007, 12:08   #2
Team-BHP Support

the ac would be expensive since youd need another compressor and fan for it to work properly.
Old 13th September 2007, 13:16   #3
BHPian

Thank God for that.... you might be in trouble if the brick got under the brake pedal by any chance
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
Now not really talking my brothers advise of putting in a Brick under my heel
I think this is not a good idea. You would need a much more powerful compressor and fan and a lot cut here and paste there job in the car.
Quote:
I am also planning to put a second row AC vents either between the front seats or on the sides of the D pillar at the very rear. Experts is it possible and cost effective? can we have the pipings drawn from the foot floor vents from the main set up? Or any other suggestion how it can be done?
Old 14th September 2007, 12:21   #4
Senior - BHPian

Ok so that rules out the AC vents. What about the foot rest part?
But just for the sake of it....why cant I attach a pipe to the lower floor vents and just extend it about a foot and half and put a couple of vents in between the front seats. If I divide the air output between the dash and floor vents and say increase the present blower speed to 3-4 would it not suffice?
Old 14th September 2007, 18:26   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
But just for the sake of it....why cant I attach a pipe to the lower floor vents and just extend it about a foot and half and put a couple of vents in between the front seats. If I divide the air output between the dash and floor vents and say increase the present blower speed to 3-4 would it not suffice?
the floor vents anyway arent that powerful. if you insist on it go to a good shop and get another fan and another or a bigger compressor. nothings impossible.
Old 14th September 2007, 20:17   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The a/c itself is good enough, just that you arent getting airflow to the rear. Try getting hold of a roof-mounted blower, or get that cargo-bay divider made from a transparent plastic sheet, or better still get an acrylic removable divider custom-made for you so that you dont end up cooling your luggage as well.
Old 15th September 2007, 18:50   #7
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

> The a/c itself is good enough, just that you arent getting airflow to the rear. > Try getting hold of a roof-mounted blower, or get

The rear blower and vents fitted in the Indigo XL can also be tried.
Old 16th September 2007, 01:48   #8
Senior - BHPian

@Steeroid, trrk : Roof mounted blower is out, dont like it. I did ask around for fitting the Indigo XL blower and vents but so far the company guys say its impossible and would require major alterations from the engine bay itself. However I am not very convinced from their arguments.
Yes AC in itself is good but I think in our hot summers or the hill winters I am sure a little bit of more air flow to the rear seats would add to the comfort.
Old 16th September 2007, 07:30   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I want to put in a foot rest for the purpose. Any place or any way I can do it in Delhi? I am also planning to put a hand rest from the shop in Noida after the suggestions from the members here.
I am also interested in both. is there a way to increase the height of heel rest?

regs the hand rest, my quest is a little too big for me. right hand rests on hand rest and can hold the steering, but left hand, when on hand rest, can not reach it. see below, the steering is position closer to the right hand rest.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vbpgim...8&d=1183822445
Old 19th July 2010, 00:42   #10
Senior - BHPian

Just came across this old thread of mine. Both the issues have been sorted out by adding a hand rest in between the two front seats and by putting a cut to shape card board under the front foot mat. The sheet is just big enough to cover half of the foot well so as the heel now rests at a much higher position than stock floor level.
Now I am in midst of making a dead pedal and fixing it to the floor.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks