Old 8th December 2007, 23:35   #151
BHPian

thanks binz , but is it really going to be that bad on the high way
Old 8th December 2007, 23:39   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redeye View Post
thanks binz , but is it really going to be that bad on the high way
See i really dont know much about 16s on a lancer.But ive travelled nearly 800kms in a swift with 17 inchers.The ride is good when your on a good road,but the moment you hit a pothole .. the 'thud' you feel will make your heart bleed.
Old 9th December 2007, 00:00   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i had been to ss concepts today . we tried the wheels for the car.

the problem is i feel the wheel (tire & alloy) are small for the car . they are 15 inch 205-50-15 . the gap between the wheel arch and tire is big.

What do you guys suggest i should do. If the lower the shocks the car bodykit will be very low.. what should i do

should i exchange them for 16inch

which is the size that suits the lancer -15inch or 16th or 17th

If i increase size won't there be suspension problems .
i drive alot on high way.

Please help me guys , i'm stuck
Stick to 15". Anything more, and the ride will be very harsh. Not good for your back or your car's suspension.
I have 15" on my Lancer... you can check out the pics... looks pretty good IMHO.
No matter what size rim you choose, the diameter of the tyre will remain roughly the same... so you cannot "close" the gap between the arch and the tyre.
Moreover, I think when the bumper is in place, the gap won't be that bad. I also think the car is jacked up in the pics, which means the gap seems more than it is when the tyres are on the ground.

205/50/15 is a good upsize. Don't change that.
Old 9th December 2007, 00:13   #154
BHPian

thanks razor4077 , the wide body kit and wheel arch is making the wheels look small even after the jack is lowered i felt it was small. sorry i don't have pics of the car without the jack..

please suggest me what should i do with the Head lamps and tail lamps?
i have posted the issue already above

thanks in advance
Old 9th December 2007, 01:04   #155
BHPian

Quote:
thanks razor4077 , the wide body kit and wheel arch is making the wheels look small even after the jack is lowered i felt it was small. sorry i don't have pics of the car without the jack..

i have posted the issue already above

thanks in advance
like others have said...you can do little about the gap. i have the same prob with my OHC. i have upsized from 13s to 15s. the overall dia remains the same. if you lower the suspension, you'll have trouble with the body kit.

the lights are one of THE best parts on the lancer. you've got to have projectors in front and altezzas at the rear. else, your car will look like a 'lancer with a mod job'. i guess you should be trying to make it look as close to a evo as possible. as for the power of the lights, if you can't do HID now...you can always get much higher wattage and better quality bulbs fixed. also...you have the large fogs, you can fix powerful bulbs in those too. i have the same in my DC modded lancer (ballast n all!) i can't see a problem in this.

if you go to arush's site (autopsyche)...you'll get a few ideas on the lights for lancer. if you hunt around in bangy...almost all the auto ax stores will have some variant of lights or the other.
Old 9th December 2007, 01:16   #156
Senior - BHPian

If you are trying to go for a rally inspired look why not try out white rims. I dont know about the performance but look wise I still feel you need a size bigger with that bodykit. Its a different issue on a stock lancer but once you have a bodykit you need to have bigger rims.

Last edited by khanak : 9th December 2007 at 01:18.
Old 9th December 2007, 08:58   #157
BHPian

so if i change the rims alone i think i would better i guess...

@raftaar-But don't the front head projector head lamps have bad lighting quality, i have no problems changing the back tail lamps .

which tail lamp is better the 3 rings or the l.e.d dotted ones or the stock?

won't the dotted tail lamps bulbs be a issue later .. like if the bulb burns out i have search for the small bulbs....

@khanak- thanks i like the white rims .. planning to get the same stickering(white silver black) on the car too...

come on guys need suggestions
Old 9th December 2007, 10:43   #158
Senior - BHPian

Redeye - Why dont you PM karthik....he is selling the 16` rims he had on his lancer.

Quote:
which tail lamp is better the 3 rings or the l.e.d dotted ones or the stock?
IMHO l.e.d`s are the best option.

Last edited by faithless_1984 : 9th December 2007 at 10:45.
Old 9th December 2007, 11:33   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
AFAIK there is only one kind of aftermarket headlamp set available for the Lancer. These are the angel eyes variety, that Ricky had fitted on his car (@Ricky: hope you don't mind me giving the link) :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...?do=big&p=3522

These are not projectors - they are reflectors with angel eye rings. Very cool looking, but apparently not of very high quality (wrt to light and durability). Costs around 15k.
Old 9th December 2007, 11:35   #160
Senior - BHPian

@ redeye

15" rims work just fine without sacrificing ride quality, but I am running 205/55/15 tyres. The 55 profile will be a tad better than 50 in order to "close in the gap" of the wheel well
Old 9th December 2007, 12:15   #161
BHPian

ok guys i decided i will stick with the original stock head lamps...as ricky told me there are focusing issues with it.

What about the tail lamps guys what are the common issues with it ... i might face

thanks in advance
Old 9th December 2007, 13:44   #162
BHPian

redeye -i agree with ricky regarding the wheel size, dont ever compromise on ride quality.
Old 9th December 2007, 17:07   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
ok guys i decided i will stick with the original stock head lamps...as ricky told me there are focusing issues with it.

What about the tail lamps guys what are the common issues with it ... i might face

thanks in advance

Redeye

There are no "issues" that you need to worry about as far as the tailights go. Choose the one you like & go for it. The flashiest are the ones with LED's & there are other options also - which I have seen with Autopsyche.

Cheers
Old 9th December 2007, 22:40   #164
BHPian

won't the led's cause trouble , if one burns out the look is gone...won't it get dull after few months...

thats what some one told me...is it true?
Old 10th December 2007, 15:31   #165
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
won't the led's cause trouble , if one burns out the look is gone...won't it get dull after few months...

thats what some one told me...is it true?
leds last alot longer than normal bulbs FYI.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks