Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2008, 17:34   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
Dude remove the sticker hood its not looking good and paint the rims matte black,why not get a Fake Hood scoop that will suit it
I know it's not looking great, since I have put it, let it hang around for some time. Looking for the fake hoods, I saw double hoods on an indica. I am checking out where I could find them.
Old 23rd May 2008, 17:40   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85 View Post
I asked my dealerhip and they said that it is avaialble as a pair of ORVM covers with these turn indicators integrated into them. Yes the MGA ones do look great and the indicators are nicely integrated into the ORVM cover. But i am told that it costs a whopping 14k
Think they should have given wrong information or it should be very high due to initial release. Initially the skirts were around 40k, now it came to 20K. I got a word from dealer that the Swift ORVM with indicator costs 2.5K, but the cover is chrome and not body colored. I think after some time we should be getting SX4 ORVM covers for around 3-4K from after market shops.
Old 23rd May 2008, 18:10   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
Think they should have given wrong information or it should be very high due to initial release. Initially the skirts were around 40k, now it came to 20K. I got a word from dealer that the Swift ORVM with indicator costs 2.5K, but the cover is chrome and not body colored. I think after some time we should be getting SX4 ORVM covers for around 3-4K from after market shops.
The chrome plated mirror covers with winker lamps integrated into them are easily available in the after-market for various cars like the Innova, NHC, Swift, SX4, Safari, Scorpio etc for around 1.5-2k a pair.

They are also available with the maruti dealerships but they are not MGA and add to that the chrome on these mirrors are of poor quality and don't age well and ends up showing rust marks all over fairly soon and i have noticed that these chrome covers along with the winker (turn) lamps in some cases also double up as a blue strip of led light which can be activated by a switch or can be connected so as to come on along with the parking lights which looks quite gawdy to some some extent and what more, these covers are just stick-on types and are stuck on to the OE mirrors and over a period of time it loses its glue and comes out very easily. These are surely not the ones i was talking about.

Now, the one that i mentioned earlier is available as a certified SX4 MGA accessory and it also has a mention in the SX4 accessories booklet. The part number for the same is MGA#99000M99732. Now, this MGA part comes in a pair for both the mirrors and i believe the outer painted cover of the SX4 OE ORVM is to be removed and these ones (with winker lamps) is to be fixed in its place. I am told that is the way to install them. The winker lamp wiring also is provided in such a way that it can be esaily attached in a socket to socket manner thereby giving it a totally stock feel and it also looks very neat.

Cheers

Last edited by prince85 : 23rd May 2008 at 18:18.
Old 23rd May 2008, 22:53   #109
BHPian

Yep, I got that.
But 14k is no way anyone can invest in these things equal to cost of Xenon HID Kits. If it is priced around 2.5-3.5K it should be ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85 View Post
The chrome plated mirror covers with winker lamps integrated into them are easily available in the after-market for various cars like the Innova, NHC, Swift, SX4, Safari, Scorpio etc for around 1.5-2k a pair.

Cheers
Old 24th May 2008, 00:33   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Yep, I got that.
But 14k is no way anyone can invest in these things equal to cost of Xenon HID Kits. If it is priced around 2.5-3.5K it should be ok.
totally with your point and thats the only reason i haven't bought them for my car yet. Heck, i haven't seen anyone having them on their SX4's at all around here in Mumbai atleast. MUL seriously needs to think about pricing its MGA accessories more competetively

Cheers
Old 2nd June 2008, 20:41   #111
Senior - BHPian

Double whammy today! SeX4 for you guys

Features my current fav color, a three stage white with golden/green pearlascent, widebody kit includes single piece fenders mated to extended WRC style front bumper, rear wheel arches and extended side skirts and rear bumper, lip spoiler.

Performance wise this car has a lot more addition including greddy trust titanium tip exhaust, custom made headers, ported and polished engine running slightly higher compression, iridium plugs.

18 x 8.5 front and 18 x 9.5 rear, Chrome deep dish wheels with Yokohama ES100 tires, 235/40 front and 265/35 rear, and they really fill up the widebody arches pretty well! Although i dont know how much performance has dropped after the tires were put as i havent driven it after the new set, but the owner was more inclined towards the showoff part so doesnt mind the huge rubber
Attached Thumbnails
SX4 Vinyl Graphics/ Mods-sex4-1.jpg  

SX4 Vinyl Graphics/ Mods-sex4-2.jpg  

SX4 Vinyl Graphics/ Mods-sex4-3.jpg  

SX4 Vinyl Graphics/ Mods-sex4-4.jpg  

Old 2nd June 2008, 21:02   #112
Senior - BHPian

just one word, AWESOME.
but still dont you think the front bumper is too plain?
Old 2nd June 2008, 21:43   #113
BHPian

The lower air vent is square and makes it worst. The actual wide body WRC SX4 was awesome, but though this is wide body doesn't impress much on the front aspect.
The alloys & rubber are good. The front & rear skirts are uneven.

I am planning to put those meshes in the front and thinking about the scissors doors for the front alone.
SX4 Vinyl Graphics/ Mods-dsc03037__-copy.jpg
Old 2nd June 2008, 21:54   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The lower air vent is square and makes it worst. The actual wide body WRC SX4 was awesome, but though this is wide body doesn't impress much on the front aspect.
The alloys & rubber are good. The front & rear skirts are uneven.

I am planning to put those meshes in the front and thinking about the scissors doors for the front alone.
Attachment 18685
Thanks, but a few pointers. The vent is square in the original WRC bumper which is what i really didnt like about it, this one is trapezoidal. The skirtings are Curving and not uneven, maybe the lighting is making it seem that way. The front is not a copy of the WRC bumper, it is inspired, but with a lot of changes on purpose.
Old 2nd June 2008, 21:59   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

thinking about the scissors doors for the front alone.
]
i've already posted these links in another thread, here it is again:

Team-BHP Classifieds - Auto-Loc Lamborghini Doors For Sale - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds

and here is its manufacturer's site:
The Hoffman Group - Autoloc - Lambo Doors - 90° to 180° Vertical Door Rotation
Old 2nd June 2008, 22:33   #116
Team-BHP Support

wow arush that is really sexy. those rims are cool and man i dont think that car will be going to fast with those tyres.
Old 3rd June 2008, 00:51   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post
I saw the website, but the phone number seems to be a foreign one. Does it costs 30k for both the doors ? what are problems after putting the doors, will it be easy for any one to open it without knowing that the door moves upwards ?

EDIT: Sorry, at first instance I thought the contact number was a foreign one

Last edited by gopinathann : 3rd June 2008 at 01:00.
Old 3rd June 2008, 09:15   #118
Senior - BHPian

yeah, its 30K for both doors.
Old 3rd June 2008, 16:40   #119
BHPian

any disadvantages or problems after putting those doors. Are they practical ?
Old 3rd June 2008, 17:48   #120
BHPian

Sorry SX4 owners.........i really don't feel SX4 is a race car, so there is no point modifying it like a race car.
Side & Rear looks ok, but the real problem is with the way it looks from the front..........if you can change the front to look sharper you may be at the right track.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks