Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2007, 17:27   #1
Senior - BHPian

Stretch Endeavours

Spotted a Ford Endeavour stretched to twice or more its length yesterday evening on Mount Road, Chennai.

Car was crafted well except for some sagging in the center and had those typical limo lights on the sides. Was a black colored vehicle.

Sorry folks, my friend tried clicking a pic but it was too dark and the "limo" was moving pretty quickly in smooth flow of traffic.

I wonder how he manages to drive that monster around.

P.S. Mod's, i hope this is the right section. If not please move as appropriate. Thnx.
Old 6th February 2007, 19:06   #2
Senior - BHPian

Was it a prototype SUV? Or just private limo?

Last edited by Aditya : 28th August 2023 at 08:18. Reason: Typo, capital letters
Old 6th February 2007, 19:50   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Curious to see what this would actually look like, do post a pic whenever you get one.
The only concern that crosses my mind is that the poor driver of this limo must be so frustrated, the endy is underpowered and to top it off its been stretched,must be a pain to drive that monster.
Old 6th February 2007, 21:40   #4
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Maybe a DC creatioin???
Old 6th February 2007, 22:28   #5
BHPian

endeavour limo??!! in chennai? now this i gotta see!
Old 7th February 2007, 12:19   #6
Senior - BHPian

@ Sahil totally agree with you. The regular one needs another 60 odd horses atleast IMHO. But a streched Endy? The V12 TDi from Audi Q7 surely
Old 7th February 2007, 17:30   #7
BHPian

I have also heard from a friend about the same car and what I heard was my friend was completely shocked to see the car...He himself said it was looking awesome, but people endevour streched? Is it a good IDEA?
Old 7th February 2007, 18:34   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
was it a prototype suv??? or just privet limo.
I dont think it was a prototype cos there were no visible efforts to camouflage the vehicle.

Also it was equipped with nice Limo style lights... the vertical yellowish LED type of lights that you can see on regular limo's like lincoln's etc.

My guess is that it belongs to some hot shot movie guy.

Couldnt see the plates so i wouldnt know if it was a rental vehicle (for recreation) or a private one.

My guess is that there aint no engine mod's too.

If i do spot lady again i will def try to get a pic.

Pity the driver though.
Old 8th February 2007, 10:50   #9
BHPian

guys... i saw the vehicle too last week... its a private vehichle from chennai. with disco lights inside the car.

as aditya said... its black with extremely dark suncontrol... so no idea who is in !

not sure abt the other mods on the vehicle but the lines were clean... was good looking for a change for a strerched endeavour....
Old 8th February 2007, 12:53   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Spotted a Ford Endeavour stretched to twice or more its length yesterday evening on Mount Road, Chennai.

Car was crafted well except for some sagging in the center and had those typical limo lights on the sides. Was a black colored vehicle.

Sorry folks, my friend tried clicking a pic but it was too dark and the "limo" was moving pretty quickly in smooth flow of traffic.

I wonder how he manages to drive that monster around.

P.S. Mod's, i hope this is the right section. If not please move as appropriate. Thnx.
Here is a link which contains Ford Excursion stretch limo pics popular in the US.
Excursion Limousine, Excursion Limos, Ford Excursion Limousines, SUV Stretch
Old 8th February 2007, 17:46   #11
BHPian

Does anyone knows about the ICE Setup of this car?
Old 8th February 2007, 20:15   #12
BHPian

Here it is guys..that Limo type Endeavour was displayed in motor show at chennai trade center. It was huge fitted with Aura alloys and has 2 Lcd displays, music system with Blaupunkt speakers, Mini fridge, some flashing lights, lot of cup holders which are lit underneath in blue, the most attractive one was the roof - it was twinkling with star's -these are minute lights which look very cute and were embedded into the roof with black background..

It had two seats at the back..one was L shaped and another one will accomodate two...these were not so comfy but looking rich...a carpet was put for the flooring which ruined the cars executive feel...(just my opinion).

The fridge was kept at the back which also had some storage place...I could not see any plug points to charge a laptop or cellphone.... The driver compartment was totally divided from the rest of the car and im nt sure if that glass can be lowered...

It had a very good airconditioner which i enjoyed for about 5 mins...and the top of the car was looking odd with some tar kind of texture..I was so curious to take pics and beleive me i could not cover the full body even with my wide angle lens...

Now Enjoy the pic's BHPian's...

Old 8th February 2007, 20:36   #13
BHPian

here are some interiors of the car...

The AC controls and audio system

The LCD dispaly

The top of the car

Fridge..

checkout the roof..I love this touch..

I was busy taking pics and forgot to ask about the price and engine mods done to compendate the weight addded to the car... hopw other chennai based BHPinans will do that...

catch u guys in my next post...
Old 8th February 2007, 21:49   #14
BHPian

Guys Guys Guys...Nothing compared to what Dc Designs is so...Anyways the interiors are kinda ok & i suppose this is by far the longest stretch limo on a SUV ever made for INDIA.
Old 8th February 2007, 23:13   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin_bhp View Post
...and the top of the car was looking odd with some tar kind of texture..
that tar type top is common with all stretch limos. this gives the limo some flexibility while turning. Yeah the finish could be improved further a bit.

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 8th February 2007 at 23:16.

Most Viewed