Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2007, 14:03   #1
BHPian

Art Leather & Alloy wheels for Honda City

Hello All,

I am a new entrant here and am 'Zapped' by the information available on this site... quite cool

I have got a Honda City zx model and would like to put on 1. Seat Covers and 2. Alloy Wheels. I have read thru the forums the seat covers and i guess i would go for Art Leather seat covers.

I have not put on Alloy wheels earlier and what are the things that i need to consider and what would a most fuel economical model.

i am based out of Chennai, is there any known place i can check out these items as well.

Old 11th October 2007, 03:49   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Are you planning on retaning the stock tyres?
Alloy wheels are lighter so they should give you a better average than steel rims that your car presently has.
Alloy design is personal and you should make sure you get a set of alloys with the same PCD as mentioned in your booklet.
The Honda City VTEC alloys look good. See if you can get a good deal for them.
As for the tyres, upgrade to 185/60R14 Michelin or Yoko Tubeless tyres. The wider size should help improve braking, handling and stability and the tyres themselves should improve your ride quality.
When you are buying the new tyres, ensure they are a fresh batch. Ask the tyre dealer to show you the date of manufacture of the tyres and ensure they are manufactured in 2007.
Old 11th October 2007, 08:35   #3
Senior - BHPian

For alloys & tyres, check out XL Tyre Point in Anna Nagar & T.Nagar. PM me for any further help there.

For seat covers, i would suggest Jeewajee in GP Road or Anna Nagar.
Old 22nd October 2007, 15:46   #4
BHPian

Thanks

Thanks guys for the info...

EL, am running around with my personal commitments, shall pm you later soon as i settle down...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks