Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2007, 11:48   #16
BHPian

its his/her passion,love towards there car its one like or dislike that matters in terms of mods and spending lacs together.

1)if you are your own sponsor ( spending your own hard earned money )
he/she will think twice and spend accordingly.

2) if someone else is sponsoring you for your mods, he/she will never turn back and think, just spend spend spend it never ends you see..
Old 9th October 2007, 12:16   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

We had a similar argument abt overclocking a processor. Some people say, isnt it better to just spend a bit extra on a faster processor instead of spending money on extra cooling accessories to overclock your slower processor.

For that, all I can say is EXCITEMENT.

It is more exciting to go faster in a car which was actually slower. It is now faster and better handling because you have spent time, money and effort improving it.

Of course, some people prefer spending more..... But for the sheer excitement, nothing to beat modded cars.

also, the cost effect. If you go only for performance mods for a Swift, I think you can get Cedia beating performance for the same price as a Cedia (of course, here, I am ignoring all the other advantages of a Cedia like space, airbags, etc.....)
Old 9th October 2007, 12:33   #18
Senior - BHPian

AAhhh! The joy of a pocket rocket!!
Old 9th October 2007, 14:22   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Plus, the smile on your face when you take on some of the bigger cars with more power and whizz past them you get to see the expression on their faces and that says quite a lot. Deep inside, you feel happy.

The expressions you seem able to read even while whizzing past at high speed is yet another tribute to your stupendous abilities!
And what do YOU believe they are telling you?!
You make it look 'cheap', this whole game of DIY enthusiasts. We don't do it for the sake of other people's expressions - we do it because WE LOVE IT.
Old 9th October 2007, 14:31   #20
Senior - BHPian

'Transporter'

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
I agree, it is just a passion for many. A car reflects the owner's personality.
Thats confirmed by Tarconi of 'Transporter'

"I always say, the way a man treats his car is how he treats himself. "
Old 9th October 2007, 22:33   #21

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

well i would put it this way,as it has happened with me.i bought a zen because thats all i could afford at that time-3.5lacs.but over a span of 5 years,you do manage to save a couple of thousands with which you can slowly mod your car to suit your requirements.so,modding is a gradual process and its easier since you keep earning and over time you do manage to accumulate some money.same cant be said at the time of buying a car.you have to give a hefty downpayment,the put in the emi's.

so if i have the money i will buy a higher end car.
Old 9th October 2007, 22:40   #22
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Anup, its obvious you have never experienced any such thing in life. So I will let it pass. JFYI, I was talking about friends when we went on long drives/track days etc. The look on their faces when we all gathered up for some pit stops after I whizzed past them. Many of them are here on the forum, so do your homework and find out from them what they told (there are some videos of it as well). Just hang around a bit more on the meet sections and you will know what I am talking about.

PS: I mentioned that it was "one" of the enjoyable moments. Now stop acting cheap (trying to pick just a few pointers to show you are holier than me) and get a move on. This thread is for "is it worth the mods"? Not for a history lesson.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 9th October 2007 at 22:41.
Old 9th October 2007, 22:47   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

The decision to modify a car is highly subjective to the owner and a generalization wont be accurate. A quarter-mile winner may not appeal to a chaffeur-drive or vice-versa.
Old 9th October 2007, 22:55   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praJEEP View Post
its his/her passion,love towards there car its one like or dislike that matters in terms of mods and spending lacs together.

1)if you are your own sponsor ( spending your own hard earned money )
he/she will think twice and spend accordingly.

2) if someone else is sponsoring you for your mods, he/she will never turn back and think, just spend spend spend it never ends you see..
well said praJEEP, there are a few people here who cannot understand the value of money & time & effort just because somebody else is sponsoring the whole deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
well i would put it this way,as it has happened with me.i bought a zen because thats all i could afford at that time-3.5lacs.but over a span of 5 years,you do manage to save a couple of thousands with which you can slowly mod your car to suit your requirements.so,modding is a gradual process and its easier since you keep earning and over time you do manage to accumulate some money.same cant be said at the time of buying a car.you have to give a hefty downpayment,the put in the emi's.

so if i have the money i will buy a higher end car.

You echoed my feelings hellspawn. It is a matter of how much you can spend at the time of buying the car.
Old 9th October 2007, 23:13   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
The expressions you seem able to read even while whizzing past at high speed is yet another tribute to your stupendous abilities!
And what do YOU believe they are telling you?!
You make it look 'cheap', this whole game of DIY enthusiasts. We don't do it for the sake of other people's expressions - we do it because WE LOVE IT.
Duh, they just wish they could try to be a little more competitive next time
Lets not pick on members here, i guess that is something surely to be considered "cheap".
As for the mod being a worth a try, Yes it is for me. Its the passion that gets you to it and the pockets that let you buy designer wear for yourself. hence we will always have different opinions on this topic.
Booyakasha... Respect All!
Ali G.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks