Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2008, 19:58   #391
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
Guys,

I need anyone of you to help me buy a red color logo with H for the front grill, pasting the pic, where can I get it in Mumbai, please provide details, this is one thing that I had been hunting like mad, I have the back one same like the pic but not the front.

Please help BHPIANS>>>

Thanks
A good artist can paint it red,that would be a lot easier, unless you are particular about getting the original. Otherwise the size and font are the same, you just need to piant the black area red.
Old 14th August 2008, 00:22   #392
Senior - BHPian

Snaps of a civic posted here earlier
Attached Thumbnails
Modded Honda Civics-0811_151733.jpg  

Modded Honda Civics-0811_151742.jpg  

Modded Honda Civics-0811_151749.jpg  

Modded Honda Civics-0811_151757.jpg  

Old 14th August 2008, 00:25   #393
BHPian

Though a slightly OT Qs for this thread : Is there any font size "defined" by the RTO/ Govt for the number plate ? The civic pictures just made me think of this. I am sure there is something, but would like to know what is the accepted size. Thanks
Old 14th August 2008, 00:56   #394
Senior - BHPian

Defined minimum letter height size by the RTO = 2 inches, which is what all cars new from the dealership number plates follow.
Old 14th August 2008, 12:22   #395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn
127kmph on the second gear.....NOT POSSIBLE!

Try to push it on a civic at your own risk

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper
Ramie anna,

Both you guys need to buy new speedo's.

Viper

Now this was a loooong strech from Thakurs to the juhu signal,it wasnt a quarte-mile but was in 2-3kms thats a fact i did touch it to 127kmph the RPM was above 7 mark,when i shifted it to 3rd gear the car became absolutely slow as if its dead and i lost what ever chances i had,no doubt the baleno was still ahead of me.The Game Over baleno was doing about 140kmph on second gear as i was told
Unless you have tinkered with the rev limiter, or your rev limiter/Speedo is defective, or you have small diameter tires, you can;t achieve 127kmph reading in 2nd gear on Civic.

Of all the manual Civics I know 7.1kRPM is around where the rev limiter is setup by default. So calculations using the gear ratio show 106.5 kmph as max theoretical speed on 2nd gear. Take +/- 5 kmph as variation which you can get at the max in real world.

Same goes for Baleno also, it has to be Heavily heavily modded to do 140 kmph in 2nd gear, which I doubt it was.

Claims claims claims that people make

BTW it's not a good idea to be at top of your RPM curve when you are racing. It all depends on engine torque curve.

Last edited by ST7677 : 14th August 2008 at 12:24.
Old 14th August 2008, 12:41   #396
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST7677 View Post
Claims claims claims that people make
Depends on person to person some believe,some don't, some dont even have guts to push their cars to limit,but can only talk

ramie
Old 14th August 2008, 17:27   #397
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Depends on person to person some believe,some don't, some dont even have guts to push their cars to limit,but can only talk

ramie
Lol, It's a machine not your will power!!!
No matter how hard you push the paddle, the rev limiter will cut off your engine at 7.1kRPM, because that's what it is designed for.
Old 14th August 2008, 17:52   #398
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST7677 View Post
Lol, It's a machine not your will power!!!
No matter how hard you push the paddle, the rev limiter will cut off your engine at 7.1kRPM, because that's what it is designed for.
your right brother,its a machine and you should know its limits,again a few days back i tried pushing it went 115+ and i bumped in a small pot hole,my rear bumper from left came out of the locks,terrible poor built quality,my 2006 accord is better than the new civic,dunno why i was soo after buying it,i hardly drive it seems i need to get it a little souped up and ICE'd,to gain some interest.
Old 18th August 2008, 11:51   #399
BHPian

What is the tyre pressure you should keep in a 17" alloy with 215/50/R17, I have nitrogen gas filled in the tyres, please advice BHPIANS>>>

THanks,
Old 29th August 2008, 15:39   #400
BHPian

New Mods To My Civic..

O.K. Here goes.

A week or two ago I had my F.F.E (same as vikram's) from VIPER. Really nice. It's got this really rich & smooth tone to it. Doesn't sound like a souped up autorickshaw = no fatfati sound.

Then got bored/ had enough, so needed more of something. So Did what Jiggy told me, put more stuff.

Now the new stuff.

1] Strut Brace on my Civic.

Mounting of Strut Brace

2] Then the lower tie arm

& Finally the new intake pipe & filter. (No Check Light)

All mods done by VIPER (Jiggy). Will let you'll know the before & after difference with new mods soon.

P.S: I believe that Jiggy has a Strut Brace & lower tie rod hidden somewhere for Vikram's (Vikram18) Civic as well. You listening Vikram??
Attached Thumbnails
Modded Honda Civics-strut.jpg  

Modded Honda Civics-strut2.jpg  

Modded Honda Civics-lower.jpg  

Modded Honda Civics-imag0047-medium.jpg  

Old 29th August 2008, 22:34   #401
Senior - BHPian

the strut brace and the tie bar is a really nice addition to the car.they in general add a lot to the car's handling by stiffening the monoque.whats the price of these two things.
can you please PM me-mikem or viper?
Old 30th September 2008, 23:56   #402
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Plese suggst me the best performing filter among Green and K&N Typhoon kit for the Civic.
Old 1st October 2008, 11:10   #403
Senior - BHPian

@ mikem: Can you please post a pic of the engine bay, particularly the header part, wanna see how is it done.

@deepakn1985: I would suggest the K&N typhoon kit, for the green filter installation you will need the CAI pipe, which is not easy to fabricate since it usually throws a Check Engine Light.

Thanks,
Manan
Old 5th October 2008, 16:51   #404
BHPian

Guys,

I'm a real noob so pardon my ignorance and indulge me. I'm buying a civic 1.8v in the week to come and needed some advice on adding some mods

I'm particularly interested in these kind of head lamps

and these rims

Both these images are from this same thread.

Now coming to the headlamps, am I correct to assume that the headlamps in the image above are angel eye projector headlamps with HID?

What I have learnt so far is HID lamps do not have a filament and are filled with xenon gas and use a ballast and starter.

Projector lamps instead of a conventional reflector have a reflector as well as a lens to direct the light and if there is a shade with a solenoid to provide the low beam cutoff then they are called bi-xenon.

Looking at the image I can see 3 light sources, marked 1,2 and 3

Am I right in assuming that 1 generates the low beam, 2 the high beam and 3 are just decorative lights?

Also when the headlight are not turned on (fully) do the round edges of the light sources 1 and 2 ( marked by arrows) illuminate along with string of lights (3) as shown in the image and hence the name "angel eyes"?

And finally do these come as a complete assembly? ie remove the stock headlamp assemblies and replace them with these or is the assembly kept as it is and these hid's projector lenses etc retrofitted into them?

Now coming to the rims what is the largest I can go without causing any damage to the vehicle and do I need to go for low profile tyres when I increase the rim diameter?

And what brand /size are the ones in the image?

If I do make these mods, will the warranty be void ( my guess is yes?)

And finally is there anyone from Mumbai who can suggest a one stop shop where I can get these mods done along with approx cost it would involve.

Also what does one do with the stock rims, tyres and lights once one has these mods added? can these be sold? ( will save me some money )

I live at Prabhadevi, Mumbai and am planning to buy the car from Arya Honda and though I would like to have them do the mods, they are so clueless that I think it would be insane on my part to ask them for the mods.

They offer "xenon light kit" for Rs24,000 and the brand is "rd company" and didn't have any other info or even a sample to see

Other than that they had no idea what I was talking about. Go figure!

So guys anybody in Mumbai who can do these mods for me please let me know

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Modded Honda Civics-angeleyes.jpg  

Modded Honda Civics-84759.jpg  

Old 5th October 2008, 20:48   #405
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova9 View Post

Now coming to the headlamps, am I correct to assume that the headlamps in the image above are angel eye projector headlamps with HID?

Yes

Looking at the image I can see 3 light sources, marked 1,2 and 3

Am I right in assuming that 1 generates the low beam, 2 the high beam and 3 are just decorative lights?

1 = high beam, 2 = low beam, 3 = parking lights?

Also when the headlight are not turned on (fully) do the round edges of the light sources 1 and 2 ( marked by arrows) illuminate along with string of lights (3) as shown in the image and hence the name "angel eyes"?

Correct again.

And finally do these come as a complete assembly? ie remove the stock headlamp assemblies and replace them with these

Yes

Now coming to the rims what is the largest I can go without causing any damage to the vehicle and do I need to go for low profile tyres when I increase the rim diameter?

I personally won't go above 16". Bigger the rim size, lower the tire profile. In 16" you can go with 205/55/16s. Try Yokohama/Michelin/BFGs.

If I do make these mods, will the warranty be void ( my guess is yes?)

I've these angel eye kits. No problem with warranty.

Also what does one do with the stock rims, tyres and lights once one has these mods added? can these be sold? ( will save me some money )

My installer bought back the OE head light clusters. Tire shops also often buy back the OE stuff.
Some of the answers in bold.

Last edited by shuvd : 5th October 2008 at 20:51.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks